• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oxxford cashmere sport coat

http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/713273/width/350/height/700[/IMG
[IMG]http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/713279/width/350/height/700
HF Flight coat

DeadBoy

Reaction score
Few things from my recent travels.

The availables:

Canali grey/black SC - 52 R

p2p - 22
Sleeve - 25
Length - 31
Shoulders - 19

Brooks Brothers light green glenplaid SC - 45 R

p2p - 24
Sleeve - 24.5
Length - 31.5
Shoulders - 20

Gianni Versace black one-button SC -

p2p - 24
Sleeve - 24
Length - 30.5
Shoulders - 21.5

Samuelsohn brown houndstooth SC - 46 L

p2p - 23
Sleeve - 26.5
Length - 33
Shoulders - 20.5

And probably for eBay unless someone really wants it.

Yohji Yamamoto Costume D'Homme houndstooh suit, size L

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, so this was not found at a thrift store or discount store, but it was on sale and is quite possibly the oldest piece of Brooks Brothers posted on the thread, so *******.

Super Vintage Brooks Brothers Traditional Fox Hunt Master's Pinque Coat. About a size 36...Needs a little love.

Last edited:

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Driving through Idaho, spotted this from the freeway. Immediately pulled off :)

Some Bill's Khakis M3s for $7...though size 26.

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, so this was not found at a thrift store or discount store, but it was on sale and is quite possibly the oldest piece of Brooks Brothers posted on the thread, so *******. Super Vintage Brooks Brothers Traditional Fox Hunt Master's Pinque Coat. About a size 36...Needs a little love.
Holy ****!!!!!!!! If that were a 38, I'd be flooding your inbox. :nodding:

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Pics from today's haul. First some backstory - I had no intentions of going thrifting today. The plan was to photograph auctions, prep listings, and try to get through the pile of inventory that has buried my drafting table. The wife says we should go out for a bit, as we're expecting a big bill for repairing a damaged macbook.
First up Allen Edmonds Graysons. They appear barely worn, just have some thrift filth on them to clean off. These came from my last stop of the day. At our first stop, I'm not even looking at shoes. I've picked up some really nice slacks and dress shirts at this shop, but the shoes are always crazy overpriced. My wife doesn't realize this, picks up a couple of pair, and asks my opinion. First some Brooks Brothers made in England. Definitely seen some wear, but serviceable. Any idea who the maker is? And then there were these. Kim remembered me saying something about a "John Lobb" and thought she should grab them. Nearly shat myself right there. Again, these have definitely seen some wear, but at an investment of $7.20 plus sales tax, how could I say no? Several Paul Stuart polos for myself. Made in China, but they all have MOP buttons and feel pretty well constructed. Nice Facconable Polo. First Dunhill anything I've ever seen, oldest Brooks Brothers tie I've come across (self tipped, made in England) and a pretty cool Polo madras. Bills Khakis and hands down the oldest Incotex I've ever seen. Polo made in Italy by Corneliani 100% Flax, Paul Stuart. Orvis for myself, flat front Zanellas. First Trafalgar belt I've found at a decent price. Couple of Brooks Brothers casual belts. Oh, and right after we get back the Apple store calls to say they managed to fix the computer after all, free of charge. Win!
And to think, I didn't even want to go thrifting today!
Wow, nice looking Lobbs! Those are the John Lobb Londons and possibly bespoke, if I remember correctly. Anyway, congrats, it's an awesome find! I found a couple of things over the weekend, but thought this one was a great jacket. Sorry for the terrible lighting, it really is like the color of grass. It's a 90/10, wool/silk Austin Reed by Chester Barrie (99.9% sure). From the looks of it, very recent.
I just wanted to add that I typed this out and didn't hit submit....so this has been sitting here for a couple of hours. :embar:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, so this was not found at a thrift store or discount store, but it was on sale and is quite possibly the oldest piece of Brooks Brothers posted on the thread, so *******. Super Vintage Brooks Brothers Traditional Fox Hunt Master's Pinque Coat. About a size 36...Needs a little love.
We should sell these together:
Exactly 0 stores this weekend. But I should be posting pics of the two vintage suits later tonight. They're really quite well cut and quite well made. But for the bell bottoms. Meantime, here's a casual thrift fit:
Battistoni via CSoukoulis PRL RLPL Talbott (I think) square via Spoo Simon Miller Coach belt Alden suede

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads