1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

And have another full time job

2. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

My deal with consigner vs self is that I want to turn this into something like Brian and Spoo. I have a full time job but it's just a job. I've never found a career I've been passionate about but I absolutely LOVE doing this. I've slowly worked my skills and setup to improve over time bit by bit. I want this to turn into something I can viably do to sustain myself. I've dived into it and soaked up every bit of information I could. I religiously stalk high end ebayers to get ebay picture ideas, read books on style and clothing, subscribed to multiple magazines, and dressed myself better. It's not a quick buck for me anymore, its a passion and hopefully a future.

Sorry was on the phone didnt get to finish. That said consignors offer an invaluable service. I could just use my spare time to thrift nice shit and make a nice side paycheck if I pleased. I hope to become one as well some day.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. div25sec9

div25sec9 Senior member

Here's a dual purpose picture; both an update on the family for all those that have been so generous and pulling for our little one as well as my first thrift fit pic. Emily is stable and on the heart transplant list, so we're just waiting...my sister came into the hospital to do some family christmas pictures and the hospital team was quite outstanding assisting with the transfer of Emily for the photos, as well as to hide as much of the tubes and wires as possible.

[​IMG]

Shirt: Armani Collezioni (thrifted by me)
    Sweater: Brooks Brothers (thrifted by me)
    Jeans: Naked & Famous (B&S)
    Shoes: Edward Green's (thrifted by me)

Hats on the girls: Crocheted by the wife

20 people like this.
  4. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Yeah, I really want to keep it, but it's darted and it's just a little too tight for me. I would have the darts undone, but they were done at the factory and doing so would make the shirt balloon up a bit at the waist.

I've worn it a few times and love it, but I'm going to rip it when I bend down to tie my shoes so I'd rather just find it a home where it fits. If the back was fine, then I wouldn't let it out of my sight. The white shirt fits great though and is now one of the best shirts I own!

5. ScottW

ScottW Senior member

I probably don't need to tell a certain someone that the Ferrari Store is on Vente Privee right now.

3 people like this.
  6. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

For now.

1 person likes this.
  7. matty long legs

matty long legs Senior member

Extra shitty iPhone pics. PRL/Corneliani x 2. Both are 44L.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. eazye

eazye Senior member

Beautiful! And while I'm not a religious man, my prayers are with you.

2 people like this.
  9. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

E thrift for personal consumption $26 all praise to blue label
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I am definitely a 44L now and as such I only have 2 pieces of suiting including this sexy unstructured beast from silverware
    [​IMG]
    As a result of my annoying growing shoulders (apparently I am my grandpas body double but a little taller and though remaining slim all his life ended up a 48L 34waist 36inseam) I am purging pretty much all my old suiting so 40Ls get at me

1 person likes this.
  10. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Breaks my heart to see little ones going through hardship, but also brightens my day to see such a strong family push forward.
    Well done good sir, steer the family in the path that is laid out for you all!

btw, beautiful family!

4 people like this.
  11. sparrow

sparrow Senior member

X2!

12. PeacefulOni

PeacefulOni New Member

Hi guys. Found an okay coat but didnt get cause it was old. Good pass?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Only joking. I finally conquered all 5779 pages of this thread. I thought it was time to say hello.
    This overcoat means business.
    [​IMG]
    Please excuse the cell phone pictures (nicer ones soon).
    [​IMG]
    Too big on my friend. (6'3!)
    [​IMG]
    It has outlived most of us on this forum.
    [​IMG]
    The coat speaks!
    [​IMG]

Happy to be here with you gentlemen. Thank you for being forthcoming with your knowledge and experience. I look forward to participating, contributing, and learning.

2 people like this.
  13. JackFlash

JackFlash Senior member

I love picking up Chipp for personal use. If they were good enough for JFK, then they are good enough for me. Since they don't have huge name recognition, particularly today, probably not the best margins for flipping. Not all of us can make it rain on eBay. My suggestion is to find someone on the thread and trade it. If you are not interested in flipping or trading and it doesn't fit you then I would feel fine passing on it.

14. GM-H

GM-H Senior member

Such a cool find! I see a good bit of J.Press and Chipp because i live near New Haven, but most of it is beat to hell (old WASP wear their shit til its dead) so its nice to see some in good condition! I did happen to find a J.Press tux from 1954 last year that is still sitting in my closet (Spoo?)

15. marc roberto

marc roberto Senior member

Now that's a cool find! 1954! Keep the good stuff coming and welcome to the thread.

16. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Wishing you and yours the best this season (and always), div25sec9.

17. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Senior member

[​IMG]

Are these ae Grayson too far to repair, bottoms of them are decent, just the sole has been worn in a little

18. FaceOfBoh

FaceOfBoh Senior member

This is great to see! (Thrift fit and family). :slayer:

19. 330CK

330CK Senior member

You're in my prayers, div25sec9.

YA BOIIIII
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. Koala-T