1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

I've asked before but I'll ask again. If anyone comes across one of these cardigans in small, 80 to 100% wool, almost any available color (maybe not browns) please proxy for me. I'll even consider (gulp) a zip front! :embar:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

Because it looks like he either deleted or was spam-flagged away by dicks, I'll provide an actual substantive response c&p'd after I spent 5 minutes of actual thought to respond to another noob by PM :

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
    12 people like this.
  3. pnutpug

pnutpug Senior member

4. Randomore

Randomore Senior member

Two quick stops today, literally walked in and walked out within 5 minutes on each store I was in a hurry. Will go back to see what else is there tomorrow.

First got me Luciano Barbera Flat front, slim fitting Mid Gray pants in my size. N/A. and a Barbour Tattersall shirt sz M avail.
    [​IMG]

Next is some stone cold mint suits and I wish I couldve spent more time at this store.

First is a Oxxford Prince of wales? suit 40S Avail

Next is a staple as hell Dark Navy Zegna High Performance Suit. Double vented, Flat front uncuffed pants...sz 46 avail

Same donor, Recent Zegna Trofeo Suit, Double vented ticket pocket, flat front uncuffed. 46 avail.
    [​IMG]

Im supposed to be trying to get rid of stuff and here I am still picking things up.

5. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

Unbelievable find. Good for you.

But if that thing is a 52 short US, I have two things to say:
    1. What the hell size is your manniquin?
    2. Other than maybe Danny DeVito, who are you planning to sell it to?

Edit: If by any chance it's actually a 42R, DIBS!

6. catside

catside Senior member

Wes, did you come to my neck of woods again?

7. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

5 people like this.
  8. shirtsnmor

shirtsnmor Senior member

I was thinking Tom Ford has it's own sizing but I couldn't find anything on the internet. I know they go off a base size before alterations, but its nowhere close to a 52S, It is actually equivalent to a 40R.

9. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

[​IMG]

Did someone say 40s and avail???!!! [​IMG]

10. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

11. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Quote:
    This is one for the record books. You don't see Tom Ford suits here often (ever?). Awesome.

12. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

I respect your opinion, Andro, but I also respectfully disagree. I've certainly been known to sell on Ebay -- quite regularly in fact. But I've also been known to consign. I have 3 jobs, plus 3 kids, a wife and many other demands on my time. Sometimes it makes sense for me to invest my time making money, and sometimes I'm happy to pay a premium for my time. Its all a personal question of value and perspective.

SO close!

13. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

14. 330CK

330CK Senior member

That Tom Ford... :slayer:

Something old:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Something new:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And a bonus:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  15. Stewie

Stewie Senior member

:spew: That Chipp tie is effin great!

1 person likes this.
  16. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

I rarely thrift, but I pop in here to lurk now and again... but jfc where on earth do you guys find this shit? Tom Ford and bnwt Hermes ties in the freaking box??!!! srsly I don't get it.

17. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

SO

LAUGHABLE

1 person likes this.
  18. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

1 person likes this.
  19. pnutpug

pnutpug Senior member

Back to what's REALLY important.

The last 72 hours have seen, I think, some seriously killer finds. I'm glad that we are extending the Thrifties/Cheapies through Jan. 1--at this rate, someone is gonna thrift a freakin' stripper pole before...

No, wait.

Any rate, the nominations are starting to trickle in, and please keep them coming. The thread is here:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/366571/...ear-aka-cheapies-award-thread/15#post_6754040

There are lots, lots, lots of deserving things and thrifters that have not been nominated. Not sure why that is, but, unless anyone has an objection, I'm happy to accept nominations via PM. I'm thinking some folks might be shy. If that's the case, don't hesitate to get in touch. I am not the world's greatest thrifter, but I'm pretty good at keeping secrets, so if you want to keep it just between us girls, we can do that, so far as I'm concerned. And please don't hesitate to nominate yourself in any category. The categories are:

Best find (clothing)
    Best find (non-clothing)
    Best haul
    Thrifter of the Year

Finally, we have missed out on a women's bodybuilding trophy. And a head-giving chef. Just a reminder: If you see something award-wise that sets a new low in terms of low brow, please pick it up. We need trophies that will not soon be forgotten.

20. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.