• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple of stops today. Just one brag-worthy purchase: A wool tie.

That says "Jil Sander" on it.

No pics, unfortunately; I had to leave it behind on my business trip.

Frisky: Interestingly, I found the same RLPL tie a few weeks ago! Speaking of, where the hell is that thing....

Friskydingo

Reaction score

Frisky: Interestingly, I found the same RLPL tie a few weeks ago! Speaking of, where the hell is that thing....

Thrift synergy is strong! it happens to be the first paisley tie that I want to keep. Beautiful colors in person.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Friskydingo, thanks for the vintage Tori Richard shirt and the way too big Reyn Spooner shirt! Thrift synergy... I found a current TR shirt today!

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Best I could do given too many ******* flippers now in Bay Area. Last year I was hitting double the volume and double the quality. These were amassed from a thriftathon last Sunday that took me 30 miles east and 40 miles south.

Corneliani super 150's suit. Double vented as well.

Bally Shoes. Usually I leave them but these said Goodyear. Does this mean Goodyear welt? SZ 12, I may keep them although soles are shot.

I usually leave BB shirts behind but when you get a matching pair of sport shirts in matching pattern and very mint shape, you got to take. Size L + available.

Tom Ford shirt, nice one. Not available, I keep it for me.

Very Italian influenced Hickey Freeman shirt - SZ L. Made in Italy. Cotton elastane mix. Available.

Rag and Bone shirt, SZ XL but fits very very small, like a M maybe small Large. Made in China but I can tell it is quality by the way the stripes on the sleeve match up in a line to the shoulder. Buttons are awesome as well. Available.

Santorelli Charcoal Wool Pants. Know nothing about the brand picked up as a gamble. SZ 38 but more like 36. Available.

Samuelsohn Medium Gray Wool Pants. Nice. SZ 38. Available.

Dunhill Wool sweater, SZ XL fitting more like L. Available.

Great haul, Klobber. Sad to hear that the area doesn't produce what it did. I know the feeling all too well.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Not a thrift find, but discount store. Not getting into price details, but lets just say I paid a good deal less than the $10k MSRP :)

54L EU. Available :devil:

Whoa!

Best I could do given too many ******* flippers now in Bay Area. Last year I was hitting double the volume and double the quality. These were amassed from a thriftathon last Sunday that took me 30 miles east and 40 miles south.

Bally Shoes. Usually I leave them but these said Goodyear. Does this mean Goodyear welt? SZ 12, I may keep them although soles are shot.

I usually leave BB shirts behind but when you get a matching pair of sport shirts in matching pattern and very mint shape, you got to take. Size L + available.

Very Italian influenced Hickey Freeman shirt - SZ L. Made in Italy. Cotton elastane mix. Available.

Rag and Bone shirt, SZ XL but fits very very small, like a M maybe small Large. Made in China but I can tell it is quality by the way the stripes on the sleeve match up in a line to the shoulder. Buttons are awesome as well. Available.

Santorelli Charcoal Wool Pants. Know nothing about the brand picked up as a gamble. SZ 38 but more like 36. Available.

http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/677988/width/350/height/700[/IMG[/SPOILER]][/QUOTE]

Klobber, even if it's not as good as it was a year ago, you're still pulling in some great things! It's still a blast to see Tom Ford pop around here...how was the condition?

Awesome shells Dolfan!

That's quite the tie collection, Friskydingo!

Last edited:

Friskydingo

Reaction score
O great and powerful thrift thread, this doesn't happen to be a Charvet tag does it? The back side has the content listed, doesn't say Charvet anywhere.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a thrift find, but discount store. Not getting into price details, but lets just say I paid a good deal less than the $10k MSRP
smile.gif

54L EU. Available
devil.gif

What???!!! How much did you get it for? PM, please!

Alright, had half of a day to hit up the thrifts. Turned into a pretty great adventure. Not anything like what has been posted the last week (Gmmcl's Hermes Heaven and Eddie's takeover for example).

I learned a very very valuable lesson, though that you guys have mentioned before. Don't ignore the small crappy shops that always seem to bring nothing but wasted time. Had a miss on a nice Gerry jacket today, front pocket shredded. Here is the stuff I found in 4-5 stores. Also left a Patagonia small rolling backpack/luggage thing. I forget the price but can go back if someone wants me to.

AE Grayson Burgundy 11.5

Awesome Tradly Chipp Blazer

Willis & Geiger Jacket with leather trim cuffs (Tagged Medium).

Shimano SPD-R Size 9 Shoes

Oxxford Jacket

Weird unhemmed Orvis cargo pants

Polo (Chino like) Golf Jacket 2XL

Another PRL Chino jacket, XL

My First Marmot, Small

Vestimenta, Bill's, Burberry

Mostly no name ties, but picked up the knits thinking someone here would want them. The darker knit is Navy.

And... this was the best find of the day. First, who keeps the ORIGINAL box? This guy did. Looks like they were tried on and stored. There are some surface marks on the shoes but hopefully those come right out because these are basically brand new.

Shell Florsheim Imperial 11A

Faq! My spoiler isn't working for some reason! Anywho, those Shells are big ebay $! Love that lining on that Chipp!

I few ties I have picked up lately, I'll put up some jackets for trade when I get back from working in California.

Jesus Christ! That tie haul is in second place after GMMcL's! Those SF patterns are out of this world!

What?! No wonder it's has been damn dry out there!

Hey are these the labels I am looking for??

puzzled.gif

OH man, you gotta post these on the fake/funny tag thread!

O great and powerful thrift thread, this doesn't happen to be a Charvet tag does it? The back side has the content listed, doesn't say Charvet anywhere.

The tag looks very similar to the ones on Charvet...But I'm not 100% sure...Maybe Spoo can double check?

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The tag looks very similar to the ones on Charvet...But I'm not 100% sure...Maybe Spoo can double check?

Looks just like the tag on the Charvet I've got listed on Ebay right now...

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, y'all straight up killing it!

I just got a quote for 2 round trip tickets to the old country is gonna cost me about $2,000...WTF!
ffffuuuu.gif
Fleabay, here I come...
cloud.gif

I drove about 50 miles in hopes of getting a nice haul but thanks to all of UZ for cleaning the damn city out before I got there, you bastards!

But I did manage to pick up a few things.

2 stores only net me this gaddamn tie with stains.

I was pretty down until I went to the last store which produced...

NWT West is Dead chambray chinos, slim fit for me.

NWT West is Dead selvedge for a homie.

The best part, BAM! However, this wasn't thrift prices...But this should contribute to our vacation fund. It was cold out so I gave my hoodie to my girl and I was wearing this thin ass sweater thinking I was going to freeze ****** off. But this thin ass sweater kept me warm! WHAT?!

Tagged 17 but fits me like a glove! Thank the gods for fashion sizing!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

RT and staple TnA for myself.

Anyone wants a proxy on this old school BR shirt?

I want to give a shout out to all the mofos who have contributed to this kick ass thread! It's been a year since I've joined SF and I've learned so damn much! I'm not even joking! I still remember the early thrift days when I jumped for joy after finding some Dior/YSL/Givenchy/Lanvin crapstastic stuff! Now, I can't believe I've been passing on out dated garments or pieces with condition problems that have brand like Prada, BB, even some rag n bone, and other others that I would have coped when I was a noob! Anyhow, back to more drooling over y'all's haulz.
Opps, forgot to post this NWT Orvis.

Last edited:

almosthandsome

Reaction score
Well, I was looking forward to hanging up the cotton/poly uniform in 6 weeks to work from home (ebay) and take care of my new baby. Then somebody ran a stop sign. Awaiting surgery now to put my leg back together. Already had a few people say, "Hope you like sweat pants!" Oh boy. Keep them finds rocking boys, I'll be experiencing the thrill of the hunt by proxy for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads