1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

I'd never seen shirts either til today. Ones I got are sport long sleeve, Egyptian cotton, pretty nice but would never pay the original $ price for one. Will try to post pics eventually. Gonna PM you re the camo once I can settle in.

1 person likes this.
  2. FaceOfBoh

FaceOfBoh Senior member

The brand they use in Canada - aside from Samuelsohn - is JP Tilford. I'm pretty sure that I've seen Tilford shirts but the Canadians here can correct me if these are not a thing.

3. darkmatter7

darkmatter7 Senior member

yep

4. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Senior member

5. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Super awesome piece! I totally want one Them! poster framed!!!!!

Dude!!!!!!!! That Barbour is just what the doctor ordered!

6. rathebaindc

rathebaindc Senior member

Not a thrift, but found this BB suit at Marshalls for a relative song. I believe this Golden Fleece, but can I get some help on IDing the labels? I am guessing that BB put in the generic tag because they don't want it to be completely obvious about are dumping $2k suits at Marshalls for $499. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

^ Martin Greenfield, Fall Winter 2008.

8. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Hmmmm, is it me or does this tag looks like the Martin Greenfield made Golden Fleece?

Edit: Looks like Uncle Spoo has already beat me to the punch!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  9. Evil Abed

Evil Abed Senior member

Quick run to local haunt.
    See awesome tan PRL casual jacket with all sorts of pockets/details/cool lining, one small stain on the chest that will come out after a wash. Size XL. Happy dance. I can't believe it's just chillin there. I try it on, sleeves are a little short but I think I can make it work. I look at myself in the mirror, admire it, look at myself from the left, the right. Victory. Take it off and start walking towards another part of the store... That's when I smell it.

Piss, mixed with urinal cake, mixed with cherry scented car air freshener. Not quite sure how I missed it. I drop the jacket against a rack of clothes, I see the heavily soiled neck area, and that there are some tears to the lining I missed before. I think someone must have worn the jacket into the store and left it behind, leaving with something clean. [​IMG]x100

Now the smell is either stuck on me, or at least stuck in my nose because I smelled it for the next 10 minutes.
    I use my new superpower to shop without worry of others approaching. The thrift gods then proceed with an offering in exchange for my plight...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm assuming that suit size is in cm, and thus it's a 40L?

2 people like this.
  10. Tweets

Tweets Senior member

1 person likes this.
  11. rathebaindc

rathebaindc Senior member

Thanks very much, good news. Folks, It's a 40R and available.

12. highvoltorb

highvoltorb Senior member

13. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

They use that for Nordstrom's in the states. Maybe a couple other places as well.

14. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

Sold within an hour. :)

15. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

If it's not for you, I'd probably take it back at $500. That's quite a lot of dough, even for Golden Fleece, which pops up on discount sites for as low as $400 in solid, staple colors.

2 people like this.
  16. Harvitz81

Harvitz81 Senior member

Lately I've been kind of thrifted out and despite some nice finds, haven't been getting too excited over what I find.

That all changed today.

Thanks to posters in this thread I was alerted to a new savers in Dublin and thought I'd head up there (about 35-40 min drive) before the afternoon football games. First, this savers is the nicest I've been in. Super clean. Super organized.

I actually picked up a cart full of stuff and was only there an hour. Wish I had more time but had to bolt to make it back to watch my Broncos. Ended up with some Emporio Armani sunglasses (I almost never look at SGs because they are so disorganized, but here they were so organized), Pendleton wool hat, lots of scarfs in wool and cashmere, couple made in Italy silk pocket squares (1st PSs I've thrifted yet), couple ties, PRL suspenders, PRL Tweed Blazer, Harris Tweed, and another Vermont made tweed blazer, a sweet leather coat that I wished fit me (slightly too small).

And....

Then the shoes - ferragamo's, mezlans....

but then I saw these...probably will be my single greatest thrift ever and I'm not sure I'll ever top it. New John Lobb boots! Didn't even know they made cowboy boots, but I have no reason to think these are fake. Signature matches a pair of suede shortwings I grabbed a couple weeks back on ebay. I believe these are the Paris Lobbs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Big thanks to the guys that alerted me to this savers! Also, a big thanks for leaving these behind!

Will get pics of the other finds, but here is the nice leather (suede) jacket in minty condition I couldn't leave behind. More of a blazer jacket.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let's just say I left that store on a pretty big high!

5 people like this.
  17. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

LOL...somebody is kicking himself right now. Great find, Harvitz.

18. darkmatter7

darkmatter7 Senior member

brings back thrift thread memories...

19. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

Afraid so, I bought one of those ones with the Union Jack on it at a flea market for $10. At that price I was positive it was fake however it was so cold that day I had to buy it. Pretty good imitation though

20. pnutpug

pnutpug Senior member

???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.