• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That SC is [eyes roll back in his head; pauses for dramatic effect] aaaaaawesome.

:slayer:

Thanks dude, it was one of the first blazers I found when I moved down here. No alterations or nuthin', fit perfect right of the rack. :nodding:

Last edited:

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quick fit pick with my new BB hat.

Yeah, dude. Totally killing it.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome look Eazy!

Quick OT question for all: Anyone know how J Press pants fit? They've got a sale on and I've got my eyes on some red linen to get ready for the eventual return of Spring. Some stuff I read said they're slim through the thighs, which would be bad for me... Also, how high is the regular rise?

Randomore

Reaction score
Todays crappy finds.

Alan Paine V neck
Lands End Cashmere
EZ tie
J crew cashmere blend scarf

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've discovered Savers' new ad campaign...

This is a roughly $125 TNF jacket.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've discovered Savers' new ad campaign... This is a roughly $125 TNF jacket.
:facepalm: I saw a very used burberry SC up in MN going for around $30. This thing was at least 40 years old and dirty. This was at a good will in a bad area too, not sure what these people are thinking.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I may have hit a small selvedge jackpot on my a) my first experience with the Buffalo Exchange that just moved in around the corner and b) my first foray into selvedge.

EDIT: Well, maybe not, but these are still nice jeans: http://abfits.com/shop/?wpsc-product=dopedrakkar-x-ab-fits-lot-1198

And though I can get them on, and they fit well, I can't even approach the realm of possibly buttoning up the button fly.

Wow! That's an awesome piece to be found in a thrift store! Good eye, man!

Well technically I guess so....but she lets me have half of it. Unfortunately, my half is the ******* gas tank.

lol8[1].gif
Isn't that how things work around here?

Quick fit pick with my new BB hat.

Eazy, man, when are you getting cast in the 4th season of Boardwalk Empire?
smile.gif

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a pure brag post, everything is NA. Some but not all of the stuff I've picked up this week:

T-B: Zegna Su Misura, Theory, BB Made in Italy

T-B: *** rag, Flippa K, Brioni FC, Billy Reid, Tim Hamilton, Tim Hamilton, Borrelli

T-B: Brioni flannel suit, Brioni SC, Brioni SC, Brioni SC

T-B: Recent Zegna SC, +J linen/cotton blend SC, Cantarelli for Faconnable wool/cashmere SC, Burberry London glenplaid SC

Last edited:

staxringold

Reaction score
In store, quick response appreciated. Should I pull the trigger an kop several no name hong kong tailored suits too big for me (so like 54 US or so) with Loro piana fabric? In leaning no, but super frustrated this dead guy wasn't smaller

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is a pure brag post, everything is NA. Some but not all of the stuff I've picked up this week:

T-B: Zegna Su Misura, Theory, BB Made in Italy

T-B: *** rag, Flippa K, Brioni FC, Billy Reid, Tim Hamilton, Tim Hamilton, Borrelli

T-B: Brioni flannel suit, Brioni SC, Brioni SC, Brioni SC

T-B: Recent Zegna SC, +J linen/cotton blend SC, Cantarelli for Faconnable wool/cashmere SC, Burberry London glenplaid SC

Nice finds.

Reminds me: Marshall's the other day had a pair of Billy Reid spectator wingtips, made in Italy. I think it was a few jacksons. Kop-Worthy? Not sure they were my size; they were close. So if they didn't fit, I would presumably want to be able to trade or proxy.

STAX: No. WW Chan are pretty decent, and you may get some trade bait. But not for certain; not worth it.

Last edited:

staxringold

Reaction score
Yea, figured. Working cuff buttons drew me in, big badass jackets with that fabric got me super excited, but no joy. Would've doubled my suit wardrobe if this Ben R. was 2 sizes smaller. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads