1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Dz, I enjoy ur photo sets. Looks like a lot of time, but it's not in vein. Looks cool.

2. MJMcRibb

MJMcRibb Senior member

My wife doesn't often ask what I've bought, but rarely a day goes by when she doesn't ask what I've sold! She couldn't have cared less as I modeled this PRL jacket that I picked up today which I thought was pretty effin' cool! (pardon my mannequin's junk)
    [​IMG]

3. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

+1 on the BBCC.

4. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

Yup, sweet. My wife likes it when I keep and model stuff, the whole fam's going to enjoy the extra spending cash when we go on vaca tomorrow.

5. edwardthefirst

edwardthefirst Senior member

I made a couple stops today. Pretty dry over all, but I came away with these beauties:
    [​IMG]
    Ferragamo double monks in great shape. 8 1/2 D and available. Cherry popped, actually.
    Also I snagged this for a buck:
    [​IMG]
    Thick as heck Behar seven fold.

6. Dolfan954

Dolfan954 Senior member

Fun story I am not sure I ever shared with the thread. I went to high school with Ike Behar's grand daughter.

7. edwardthefirst

^^^
    That's awesome. Was she cool?

8. DeadBoy

DeadBoy Senior member

Nice line or not, buying and paying for alterations on a shirt that will always be too big on you is probably not a good idea. Sorry dz.

9. cpmac7

cpmac7 Senior member

Pretty sure that isnt 7 fold. Sorry for the bad news :/

10. edwardthefirst

Ah well. :-/ while we're on the subject though, how do you actually tell? I'm curious.

11. Dolfan954

Dolfan954 Senior member

Yes, very. Smart, funny, down to earth, and pretty hot, too. I am still "FB Friends" with her and have considered asking for samples...lol.

A 7 fold looks like this...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  12. edwardthefirst

Awesome haha! Thanks for sharing!

13. dz-015

dz-015 Active Member

Yeah, I picked it up because I'd never seen a Ted Baker around here. That's a Uniqlo linen jacket that was on sale over the summer, I think for $19.99.

Not using Instagram, but Photoshop with lots of automation.

14. dz-015

dz-015 Active Member

Many thanks for the kind words. The pics with just the clothing in them don't take too long (even the tie pics), as there's quite a bit of automation involved, both in the placement of the clothing and camera, and on the Photoshop side.

The pics with me in them take the most time, but I dunno, I see those more of a dress rehearsal to posting elsewhere (like waywrn) where I'll be brutally torn to pieces. I can't wait! [​IMG]

But first I need to build up my wardrobe. I had nothing, zero, zilch quality clothing, no sense of style, when I started reading style forum - so my pet project has been to obtain quality clothing at thrift prices. It might take a while as I learn...

15. dz-015

dz-015 Active Member

Nope, I agree with you 100%. I didn't think the shoulders were too bad when I had it on before the alterations, but when I look at the pictures with a critical eye now, it really shows. Oh well, live and learn...

16. gerbilunit

gerbilunit Senior member

hey guys anyone have any information about this brand? finally found a jacket that fits and I was stoked. just curious if there was anything cool behind it. I know it's no Brioni but it fits and it feels nice

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. ejay1

ejay1 Senior member

just a few items from a couple of thrifts today
    [​IMG]
    nwt linen VV
    [​IMG]
    Corneliani linen/silk, Polo Italy silk, Hermes, Talbott madder
    [​IMG]
    nwt Faconnable trend fit
    [​IMG]
    Zegna chinos, shirts
    [​IMG]
    Cole Haan USA, Mezlan
    [​IMG]
    Never heard of this brand before coming across it. Angelo Nardelli linen. NWOT made in Italy, unstructured, pick stitching, seems well constructed and styled. Any thoughts on this brand?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Holy shit!!! I've thrifted a Henry Poole orphan from the same guy!!! Where are you located???!!! This was about a year ago that I found 2 orphan and a 2 piece tux from that guy in that size!!! I googled him and found a few pics of him. He is indeed a very large man!!! I still have that Poole orphan in my storage!!! Fucking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

19. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Oh yeah, from the breast pocket of that orphan is where I've thrfited my very first Charvet pocket square! Did you happen to get one, too?! [​IMG]

20. edwardthefirst

Holy crap, are you serious!? I picked this up in Seaside, right by Monterey. No Charvet :-(. Haha I couldn't find any pictures! :-(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.