• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What size is this? Stunning SC!
Ok, guys, take a look, pics of the Attolini. At least, I'm ~80-90% sure it's Attolini. Not labeled as such, but M. Bardelli in Milan sells Attolini-made jackets. More to the point, one of the moth-destroyed ones I left behind had an Attolini tag in the pocket, and all the details on this one (inside pockets, buttonhole stitching, etc.) seem to match that one.
Can anybody confirm or disprove?

Shiny

Reaction score

I once told a girlfriend she looked fat in a dress. Accurate? Yes. Wise? No.
Would you shout this in Harlem? Well, son, there's your answer.
:deadhorse:

Harlem? I wouldn’t even use this word in a staff meeting. Lest my advancement possibilities plummet…

I didn’t go out this weekend cause of the crowds, but I did score this tie on Friday at lunch. It is wool and absolutely oozes mahogany wood, hunter green, ponies and all that RL sensory overload. N/A since I may have only one other wool tie :embar:

DSC04377.jpg

ilikethelights

Reaction score
Just got back from a 4 day weekend visiting family and friends in Wisconsin and came back to 622 posts to read. Gonna be a while. Made at least 10 thrift stops with not much luck at all...

Did pick up an Eton french cuff shirt that is currently getting the treatment for the neck but is there any way to get permanent marker out of a shirt? It's way down at the bottom of the shirt but I'd like to get rid of the last name written in black marker.

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You have picked up Luciano Barbera before in the past - correct? There is a fair chance some of it was made by Attolini.
Barbera stuff was / is made by Attolini, Partenopia, and St Andrews.

I've got one LB Sartoriale jacket from consignment (very consignment - paid $200 for it) and it's made by St. Andrews. The same shop had a coule LB's made by Attolini, but they didn't fit me as well as the St. Andrews. Plus, the St. Andrews has 15% cashmere and 15% baby camel hair in addition to wool, where the Attolinis were just wool.

Unfortunately never thrifted any LB jackets/suits, even though I've found LB shirts, outerwear, pants, etc, etc. I've actually been made privy to a big reason as to exactly why that is, actually, and where the stuff is going, but I've been made aware there's a couple of hardcore flippers in Columbus who lurk here, so I'll refrain from sharing deets. Ah, for what this thread used to be! Ah, Bartleby! Ah, humanity!

Last edited:

ilikethelights

Reaction score

You would have went nuts at all the vintage outerwear/workwear labels they had. Seriously spotted at least 10 people a day sporting a vintage or vintage-repro Kelty daypack. Tons of vintage "duck hunter" camo stuff. So jealous as they don't even make the pattern available here anymore (well, they do but there are very few examples).

Funny you mention that, I picked up a few 70s/80s USA made hunting type jackets this weekend and one was a duck hunter camo. Might keep that one for myself though.

Samuel Smith

Reaction score

Just got back from a 4 day weekend visiting family and friends in Wisconsin and came back to 622 posts to read. Gonna be a while. Made at least 10 thrift stops with not much luck at all...
Did pick up an Eton french cuff shirt that is currently getting the treatment for the neck but is there any way to get permanent marker out of a shirt? It's way down at the bottom of the shirt but I'd like to get rid of the last name written in black marker.

Amodex. It works best if garment has not been washed/dryed or dampened prior to use.

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score

Ok, guys, take a look, pics of the Attolini. At least, I'm ~80-90% sure it's Attolini. Not labeled as such, but M. Bardelli in Milan sells Attolini-made jackets. More to the point, one of the moth-destroyed ones I left behind had an Attolini tag in the pocket, and all the details on this one (inside pockets, buttonhole stitching, etc.) seem to match that one.
Can anybody confirm or disprove?

Yep, as expected its a beauty.

Jpmorris

Reaction score
All the talk of duck camo, could you post pics/what types of items your looking for? I would wager I have a decent chance of finding, and getting to you fine folks, as I live in Arkansas which is like the duck hunting capital of the universe. PS I was in DFW this weekend, so CPmac or Noob, WTF is up with the metroplex goodwills taking suits off the shelves? I was told they were out of season so went back to the central processing....

JackFlash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PS I was in DFW this weekend, so CPmac or Noob, WTF is up with the metroplex goodwills taking suits off the shelves? I was told they were out of season so went back to the central processing....

That makes perfect sense; people don't wear suits in the winter!
baldy[1].gif

Jpmorris

Reaction score
My Haul From Yesterday, not quite Mainy level, but good

16, 15.75, 16 (D/G, LP, EZ (looks like a newer label? Nicer than most EZ which I pass on)

16, 17.5 French Cuff, 15.5 ish (David Saddler, seems NICE, any experience/thoughts?, CT Sea Island, Holland and Sherry Bespoke BALLER

From HS

17.5 Canali, 16.5 Pal Zileri (what line is this, not gruppo or Sartoriale, is this just basic mainline?, 15.5/33 recent HF Button down (Guy with pic of him and cute black GF, sorry can't remember your name, isn't this pretty much what you were looking for?

BB Country Club blazer with LP 120's looks like these do really well on the bay 44S

Gorge is exaggerated in this pic, its low but not that low, lapels big but acceptable, BUT it is side vented.

My first Cavalli of any sort, looks to do well on the bay as well. no size, but im guessing M.

Makers allllll day (the first is pure sex, or is that just me?)

What is date on white block letter label? Not pictured are about 9 other makers, most white letter vintage.

Other than LP shirt, this was my find of the day, although it was more than regular thrift by a fair bit (35). Sweet DB overcoat though, 42R

PS everything is AVAILABLE
devil.gif
I do have to try to get more value than usual because im running out of funds for this semester, badly, But the guys who i'll still make a 1/2 ebay deal know who you are.

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slightly better photos of the Stefanobis I picked up Saturday morning. Color is a greenish-blue. Size US12.

I plan to put them up on the B/S thread (and maybe eBay) at a reasonable price. Let me know if there is any interest here before I do.

AHS

IrateCustomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Slightly better photos of the Stefanobis I picked up Saturday morning. Color is a greenish-blue. Size US12.

I plan to put them up on the B/S thread (and maybe eBay) at a reasonable price. Let me know if there is any interest here before I do.
AHS

Pardon me while I go change my pantaloons....and try to stretch my feet out two more sizes.

Samuel Smith

Reaction score

AHS

Oh my gerd. What's "reasonable" for these? Totes interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads