• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rock the pinstripe with bluejeans, ftw.
I'd agree. I have an orphan Isaia pinstripe that I wear with jeans... If you wear it with dress slacks it looks like you forgot it was a suit but with jeans it has a more streetwear feel, less obvious you missed the boat.

Most here will tell you to ditch orphans, I might have been in that camp at one time too except I can't bring myself to ditch a perfect-fit flannel Isaia so I can't judge!

Cedric

Reaction score
Canali Exclusive Charcoal POW
tag EU 48
Flat front pants, two buttons, double vented
available

Recent Zegna light blue sports jacket, unvented

Tom Ford black suit pants, my first Tom Ford ever ( now i understand why TF is so expensive, construction is fantastic)
Damn near brand new, looked all over for the jacket but couldnt find it. Im running back in there Monday to give it another shot.
32x30 with 2 in cuff

Last edited:

jamiebryant

Reaction score
Tom Ford black suit pants, my first Tom Ford ever ( now i understand why TF is so expensive, construction is fantastic)
Damn near brand new, looked all over for the jacket but couldnt find it. Im running back in there Monday to give it another shot.
32x30 with 2 in cuff
WOOT WOOT! Welcome to the Thrifted Tom Ford club.
My cherry was popped last week. It was a shirt. What do those fit like? Straight or Slim leg?

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NIGGARDLY, NIGGARDLY, NIGGARDLY!!!!!!!!!

I once told a girlfriend she looked fat in a dress. Accurate? Yes. Wise? No.

Would you shout this in Harlem? Well, son, there's your answer.

:deadhorse:

Hey KenP, if GMMcL doesn't want that Pink shirt I'm interested... :bounce2:

Who with the what now? Sorry; I lost track of this one. KenP, I will get at you. Hopefully I can clear the way for Staxringold, but I'm not sure why I should since HE'S ON MY LAWN!

Cedric

Reaction score
They are not my size, i didnt try them on , they are slim fit.
I really hope i can find the jacket out there, TF is very impressive for an American brand. lol

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Who with the what now? Sorry; I lost track of this one. KenP, I will get at you. Hopefully I can clear the way for Staxringold, but I'm not sure why I should since HE'S ON MY LAWN!

OK, I see what I missed. Ken: Thanks for thinking of me, but I have a very similar shirt. Stax: All yours.

CesarC

Reaction score
Any interest in hats? They're not fantastic finds (no Borsalino) but I picked up a Dobbs and two Baileys (taupe, dark gray, and chocolate brown, respectively.) All three size 7 1/8. Any interest? Also, I'd like to find something comparable in 7 1/2, preferably gray or brown, if anyone is looking to clear out some of their own inventory...

Whoa, yes! All three of those are perfect for me! I have a black fedora (I'm 7 1/8 US), but have been looking for one to pair with grey & brown. Really loving that charcoal one, in particular. There is a decent set of hats I've seen in a local consignment shop slightly underpriced, and I will double-check the sizing, but one was too small for me and the other too large. PM sent!

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's definitely Kiton (to pile on with everyone else...)

and maybe I'm a little nuts, but I'd be disappointed to find that it was Kiton as opposed to Attolini... maybe that's because I HAVE Kiton sc's/suits (thanks to deals on here) but have only a shirt from Attolini (also thanks to a deal on here) and would love to see something like that in the wild! :embar:

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The best answer to

"do I look fat in this?"

is::::

"No my dear, but may I suggest that you look far better with no dress on at all".

or in rougher English:

"get yer kit off love"

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

but have only a shirt from Attolini (also thanks to a deal on here) and would love to see something like that in the wild! :embar:

You have picked up Luciano Barbera before in the past - correct? There is a fair chance some of it was made by Attolini.

Barbera stuff was / is made by Attolini, Partenopia, and St Andrews.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would you shout this in Harlem? Well, son, there's your answer.
deadhorse-a.gif

Hahaha, I've also done the former. The outcome was most interesting.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The best answer to
"do I look fat in this?"
is::::
"No my dear, but may I suggest that you look far better with no dress on at all".
or in rougher English:
"get yer kit off love"

Ding ding ding!
teacha.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics