1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stewie

Stewie Senior member

DM7 has met his match! :fence::lurk:

2. caseyfud

caseyfud Senior member

this is why i spend all my time on sw&d.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
    3 people like this.
  3. darkmatter7

darkmatter7 Senior member

If you read the thread you'd know I don't drive a Prius.

By the way, there's a thrift store specially serving attention starved bigots such as yourself. It's called Walmart.

3 people like this.
  4. Ozzied

Ozzied Member

thanks for the kind words... (Can't multi quote for some reason? keep getting error message)..

added these to my haul last night:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Slight defect on LF, and soles are stamped "Imperfect" due to some feint natural growth lines on vamp LF shoe, but so feint it's barely noticable..

Also want to give a shout to the guys at putthison.com, I've been watching their ebay round up page and using their ebay customized search links over the last couple of weeks which is great..

5. caseyfud

caseyfud Senior member

you're the guy that posted a haul of a bunch of nwt stuff earlier, right? crazy...

6. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Ouch. The butt hurt is strong tonight.

7. caseyfud

caseyfud Senior member

jesus christ you guys are killing me

8. Ozzied

Ozzied Member

ha ha yeah I've had a bit of a splurge this week...

9. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Just thought it was a bit of an overreaction—even if what led to it wasn't in the greatest of taste.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  10. caseyfud

caseyfud Senior member

lol for a second i wondered if you had confused this thread with Recent Purchases

1 person likes this.
  11. Ozzied

Ozzied Member

lol - yeah I guess e-bay shopping isn't thrifting in the traditional sense, I wasn't aware of the other thread though, so apologies if posts are better suited there

12. MartiniGirl

MartiniGirl Senior member

If anyone actually tried to read up on you, You'd just fake your way thru everything. Didn't you "quit" SF a while back too?? Cause the guys were "being mean to you"...? Sounds kinda gay, brah. Embrace the gay! Drive up to Washington and marry your lover! It's ok to do that there! You're calling me a bigot??! Lol. Do you even know what that word is?! I have been nothing but nice to everyone on here. You sir... are the bigot or maybe even a gasbag. All talk, but no pictures to show proof. You know how this thread goes... "Pics or it didn't happen"

I apologize in advance to anyone who might feel insulted by this. I mean no harm! [​IMG]He took my joke as a little too serious. So shit just got real.

13. caseyfud

caseyfud Senior member

no, they're appropriate for here. thrifting, marshalls/tj maxx/nordstrom rack, ebay - all fair game for this thread. I suppose you could cross-post if you really felt like it, it's up to you.

14. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Back to Kitons and Cucinellis?

3 people like this.
  15. darkmatter7

darkmatter7 Senior member

Not sure if serious
    or Frenchy 4.0.

Either way, I'm going to sleep. Gay accusations were old in 3rd grade, and they're old now... coming from a middle aged woman.

16. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Jebus Krice! Don't you guys got work or something tomorrow morning? Don't you people ever sleep?! [​IMG]

Can't we just get along! MG, you should post that Kiton SC!

Welcome back, DM7! Haven't heard from you in a cool minute!

1 person likes this.
  17. caseyfud

caseyfud Senior member

I just think it's lame everybody seems to be giving her a pass for throwing around "lol ur gay" taunts, going along with this weird flirting thing that's been developing in the past few days, and I'm sure we all know the reason nobody has said anything. I'm trying to be fair here, and obviously nobody's making (some of) these guys flirt with you and I'm not blaming you for that, and before tonight you've generally been nice and you seem to know a lot about used mens clothes.

2 people like this.
  18. MartiniGirl

Not frenchy. I might be R. Kelly though cause I'm gonna start singing "Trapped in the Closet" to you, hahaha! Learn to take a joke, man. It's no fun living up your own ass for so long. But it would make sense why you wouldn't like vagina then. If I'm a middle aged woman... what does that make you? A 14 year old? Do you feel the need to pick on the only woman here because I'm getting more attention than you? Does that hurt your feelings? Do you like the male attention? Do you feel butt hurt because no guy on here is saying "Oh DM7, you look so fabulous and delicious!" ... You sneeze glitter!

[​IMG]

Quote: Jebus Krice! Don't you guys got work or something tomorrow morning? Don't you people ever sleep?! [​IMG]

Can't we just get along! MG, you should post that Kiton SC!

Welcome back, DM7! Haven't heard from you in a cool minute!

He started it! Simply made a joke and he felt the need to start insulting! How childish. My hope for humanity is dwindling with people like DM7 on the planet. Lack of humor, tsk tsk. I have a hard time sleeping, unfortunately. The same could be said to you, Barrel! And I'm not gonna post that Kiton! .... Not just yet anyways.....

19. MartiniGirl

Sounds like you're actually giving DM7 the pass for being a douchebag. The bigot comment came out of nowhere and you're telling me that MY "gay joke" was more tasteless than his comment? You need to go to back to school then. I've always stood up to my bullies. I ain't gonna let them walk all over me. Granted that I've walked away with some black eyes because I stood up to someone, it's not gonna stop me. And I have absolutely NO idea where you're getting this "weird flirting" from. Maybe you see it this way, but I guarantee nobody else really sees it that way. Especially the guys who are engaging in the "weird flirting". It's harmless fun. Does everything have to be serious all the time?

20. CesarC

CesarC Senior member

I know exactly what you mean, but people may be asleep.... I am on the east coast and somehow awake, and I just now saw this exchange. I'm all for gender equity etc., and I think that includes refraining from gay jokes as well as "popping cherries" and referring to people as EUC etc., but that's probably me being oversensitive. I do agree, however, that things seemed to have started in good fun and degraded very quickly. I need to go to sleep. Let's see if this is the same place in the morning, and not still rolling on multi-page tirades about gun control or capitalism or similar. Where's Klobber when you need a good de-rail?
    EDIT: I should've said this earlier but was drowsy etc. In all fairness to MartiniGirl, that Walmart comment was out of line, even if feelings were hurt. Didn't want to start a long rampage of pages going back-and-forth, but thought I should say that for the record.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.