• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyakku

Reaction score
This has been a long time coming, and I wanted to accompany it with a thrift pic just so I could assure you all of how sexah my "new" gear is, but probably won't have time today. So with that I've gotta give a shout out and express my appreciation to:

Lookingr8: For a solid staple suit. Unfortunately I took it to a cheapo tailor to test him out and while he did everything great, for some reason he added a fifth button on the sleeve when he extended them instead of closing the button holes and spreading the four buttons out. Not a big deal and people seem to love the suit, but I hate knowing that lol.

Pnutpug: For being a great buyer

JpMorris: For my first pair of "lawyer" loafs :slayer:, and for giving me the low down about A2 so that I'm fully prepared next year.

Capnews: For being the ******* man. Park aves and Cheaney's? Don't think I haven't stopped looking for something awesome to surprise you with man, just haven't had a chance to get out as much.

Catside: For those sick ass Florsheim's, and they might just be the most comfortable shoes I own.

Mex: For hooking me up with Cat and for offering those Varvatos' (which we never finished up on lol)

Larson: For some dope ass Merlot's. Wearing these now, fully bossed out with this patina I plan on nurturing these next few years :slayer:

Finally, to the chill dudes like Randy, 330CK, BP, Bytor and EazyE for having patience with my forgetfull ass over the past few weeks. Even if I didn't finish a deal with you guys (yet)), I respect the patience.

That's my annual/bi annual thanks to everyone. Enough of this soft **** for now (but damn are these Merlots sexah)

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Only Spoo can make a pair of NWOB POLO loafers look like ****!!!
polopennys.jpg

Not surprisingly, no one seemed to notice these when I posted them 3 or 4 posts after the "Spooganza" on Saturday. They aren't even creased from being tried on, are size 12 D and are available. Considering they have the exact same font and pattern of printing on the inside as my Tramezzas, I'm pretty sure they were made by Ferragamo. Construction looks to be on the Lavorazione Originale level.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This has been a long time coming, and I wanted to accompany it with a thrift pic just so I could assure you all of how sexah my "new" gear is, but probably won't have time today. So with that I've gotta give a shout out and express my appreciation to:
Lookingr8: For a solid staple suit. Unfortunately I took it to a cheapo tailor to test him out and while he did everything great, for some reason he added a fifth button on the sleeve when he extended them instead of closing the button holes and spreading the four buttons out. Not a big deal and people seem to love the suit, but I hate knowing that lol.
Pnutpug: For being a great buyer
JpMorris: For my first pair of "lawyer" loafs
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
, and for giving me the low down about A2 so that I'm fully prepared next year.
Capnews: For being the ******* man. Park aves and Cheaney's? Don't think I haven't stopped looking for something awesome to surprise you with man, just haven't had a chance to get out as much.
Catside: For those sick ass Florsheim's, and they might just be the most comfortable shoes I own.
Mex: For hooking me up with Cat and for offering those Varvatos' (which we never finished up on lol)
Larson: For some dope ass Merlot's. Wearing these now, fully bossed out with this patina I plan on nurturing these next few years
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Finally, to the chill dudes like Randy, 330CK, BP, Bytor and EazyE for having patience with my forgetfull ass over the past few weeks. Even if I didn't finish a deal with you guys (yet)), I respect the patience.
That's my annual/bi annual thanks to everyone. Enough of this soft **** for now (but damn are these Merlots sexah)
Not sure what Catside sent you, but I know I sent some Florsheims, not Cheaneys...unless I missed something. Either way, you are most welcome.

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Had to run a few errands for work, stopped in for 2 minutes to pick these up.

The white ones are not MOP, at least I don't think they are. They are cold to the touch, but they seem to be some other type of shell. They are huge, at nearly 1 1/8" in diameter.

Last edited:

IrateCustomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Had to run a few errands for work, stopped in for 2 minutes to pick these up.

The white ones are not MOP, at least I don't think they are. They are cold to the touch, but they seem to be some other type of shell. They are huge, at nearly 1 1/8" in diameter.

Those shell links look like they're oyster. Those are good rookin'.

Last edited:

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not sure what Catside sent you, but I know I sent some Florsheims, not Cheaneys...unless I missed something. Either way, you are most welcome.

:D I sent the Cheaneys. As long as he is ready chasing ambulances :D

LooknGr8

Reaction score
hey guys, I just got 4 click and ship packages I sent yesterday returned to me for insufficient postage. Something to do with the Zone. I know I can go back to PO and get additional postage and they will run new labels but can someone explain to me what I did wrong and how the USPS site could possibly print labels with insufficient postage (this was not a deal where I was using flat rate boxes and failed to use flat rate labels...these weren't FRBs)?

:brick:

Skip the snark please, I'm PO'd at the P.O. enough the way it is, ha, don't poke the bear!

mexicutioner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm out a shirt and the cash.

on the bright side, that's not true. the only thing you're out is the original price of the shirt (plus shipping costs and your lost time).

think of it this way:

• on day 1, you buy one share of a stock at $1.
  • on day 2, that stock skyrockets to $1,000 a share. you hang onto it.
  • on day 3, the company goes out of business and your share is now gone forever

how much are you out? $1000? nope, you're out $1. i know there's some fancy economics term for it.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Did you specify an incorrect ship from zip code? The ship from zip code and return address don't have to match. I sometimes mess it up when I forget to change it, but haven't had an issue yet. Your scale may also be off?

Last edited:

Regg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

on the bright side, that's not true. the only thing you're out is the original price of the shirt (plus shipping costs and your lost time).
think of it this way:
how much are you out? $1000? nope, you're out $1. i know there's some fancy economics term for it.

I think fancy economics would say yes, you are out $1,000

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

think of it this way:

I'm not sure what economics would say, but I have the feeling psychology would say that I'm out the cash and the shirt :D Reality is that yeah, probably just out the original price and the time.

mexicutioner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yeah i'm sure you're right. i read a book about 10 years ago that touched on the psychology of gambling. i thought it said something along the lines of what i said (that the heightened sting of lost gains makes gamblers more likely to keep gambling in order to "climb out of the hole"), but yeah, economics is not my field.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads