• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WARNING: LOTS OF PICTURES

Wasnt that a bummer
lol8[1].gif

Getting warmer
mwink[1].gif

Finally!
bounce2.gif

lurker[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
I love Corneliani...

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ray, great haul. I guess you went to SF and killing the bay area thrifts.
Brian kudos mate. Love the seven folds. Passing Saville Row is unlike you.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Brian kudos mate. Love the seven folds. Passing Saville Row is unlike you.

I know... I would have bought them if they were solid colors or a decent pattern, but they were all stripped which sucks to try and flip even if I tossed the pants in the garbage. Also $15 bucks a pop AND I'm trying to thin out my inventory right now.

So, I went thrifting today. Kid fell asleep in the car, wife gave the go ahead, so I went to an old haunt...
377eff15.jpg
It dosnt count if you take your closet, and put it in a shopping cart at the thrift store. You need to find it there Spoo!!
lol8[1].gif

Crazyness
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

MORE PICTURES
Not Kiton's but not too shabby
bigstar[1].gif

Wool

Last edited:

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing for me today except an Hermes tie with a small stain on it. :brick: It's an older tie, not worth sending to Tie Crafters, so I may take a chance at the dry cleaners and tell them to be extra gentle.
Not a thrift store find, but feel this is still bragworthy since I got them for about 85% off rrp. John Lobb Phillip II in basically new condition. Just some minor creasing. Best of all...my size! :slayer:
Nice shoes, Mercuryman! I'd be psyched to own any pair of Lobbs, but especially a staple pair like those.
[COLOR=FF0000]WARNING: LOTS OF PICTURES[/COLOR]
Wasnt that a bummer
lol8%5B1%5D.gif
Getting warmer
mwink%5B1%5D.gif
lurker%5B1%5D.gif
Thrifted? Some of those PRLs are awesome, especially the glen plaid. PRL ties are some of my favorites.
So, I went thrifting today. Kid fell asleep in the car, wife gave the go ahead, so I went to an old haunt...
377eff15.jpg
Woah...are those what I think they are?

Last edited:

acosbysweater

Reaction score
The day was going rather slowly, then I found these on the rack. My heart stopped when I saw the instant Black Sabbath collection. The MINT copy of Metallica reReload alone will pay for the trip. A shame it wasn't Kill Em All.

Read em and weep, boys.

Stacks on stacks by K--Train, on Flickr

Also snagged these Indian mocs I've had my eye on and they finally went on half price

Indian mocs by K--Train, on Flickr

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
377eff15.jpg
I'm not sure why people buy that stuff... I'm doubly unsure why, after buying it, you just dump a whole closet worth at a thrift store. Insane.

ocooney

Reaction score
So I've been a bit busy and not too good about posting any finds.

Here's the good:

Attolini for Barbera unstructured coat-taken, RLPL, Bizzochi x2, Paul Stuart and PRL ties-keeping, Zegna monks in 10D-tentatively dibbed

The Trad

Andover shop 1/2 lined cotton untagged but about a 40-available, Andover shop overcoat 42L-available, BB Hudson chinos NWOT 33x32-available, AE Danbury 11E recrafted but decent shape-available

The it seemed like a good idea at the time, but now that I'm home I'm not so sure what I was thinking:

Banana Republic cotton jacket made in Italy, patch pockets tag reads Banana Republic Mill Valley CA; Schott leather jacket. My size and on the fence. Anybody have any insight on Schott? Zanella jacket size 40. No pleats. Hadn't seen a Zanella jacket so I grabbed it. And finally a pair of tailor made button fly chinos. Bought these at an architectural salvage place I visit from a box of vintage clothes. Another pair of pants of very similar construction but made of wool and thus moth eaten had a hand written tailors tag from London dated 1925.

Also, I posted a picture of a Givenchy label a few days back looking for insight, but my picture sucked. Hopefully this sucks less. I never pick up Givenchy, but this is 65% alpaca with a really nice hand and the made in Italy suggested that it was not an older diffusion line. Anyone have any info?

Thanks!
O

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score

Mercuryman76

Reaction score
Schott leather cafe racers are pretty dope if it fits.

Banana Republic cotton jacket made in Italy, patch pockets tag reads Banana Republic Mill Valley CA; Schott leather jacket. My size and on the fence. Anybody have any insight on Schott? Zanella jacket size 40. No pleats. Hadn't seen a Zanella jacket so I grabbed it. And finally a pair of tailor made button fly chinos. Bought these at an architectural salvage place I visit from a box of vintage clothes. Another pair of pants of very similar construction but made of wool and thus moth eaten had a hand written tailors tag from London dated 1925.

Last edited:

ocooney

Reaction score
Schott leather cafe racers are pretty dope if it fits.

Thanks...this seems to be the classic racer rather than the cafe version (at least that's what I gather from their website). Fits me well and I will likely try it out when the weather gets colder.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hit up 2 GW's and a new (to me) indie place today; here are a few grabs:

Brooks Brothers made in USA, like new. GW $4.92:

Peek-a-boo tie. GW $2.92:

Canali blazer. Indie shop $3.75:

Hathaway Platinum, made in Italy. GW $4.92:

Levi's denim jacket. GW $5.92:

And this thing - I think it's the same guy who does those exquisite Chaps shirts. The budget-busting purchase of the day at $40:

46n2

Reaction score
The B-S doesn't have what Im looking for so I thought I'd ask you fellas. Im looking for some cargo or regular shorts made in Italy or USA in a 34 waist for a trip I have coming up. Anybody have some to sell or trade?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics