• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yup, that's DEFINITELY not prorsum, kind of a misleading auction title if you ask me. not a terrible deal, hopefully it fits you good.

Thanks, man. I JUST read this http://reviews.ebay.com/Burberrys-BURBERRY-Prorsum-Labels?ugid=10000000004206383

According to the guide, "[Prorsum label] shows the word BURBERRY, the equestrian, 'ESTABLISHED 1856', 'PRORSUM COLLECTION' or any combination of those. Some labels are red in color." I wished I had read this before bidding...Oh well, a not so expensive lesson learned...

So, the word "Prorsum" was apart of the Burberrys label, inscribed on "the knight's banner", until the name change in 1999. That's when the word "Prorsum" is exclusively used on SOME of their Prorsum line...a bit confusing...Any other lines, excluded the word "Prorsum" from the label.

Sounds about right?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
:lurk:

OH **** IT'STHAT TIEM AGAIN!

FaGvN.jpg

>>

xKlto.jpg

tUG5O.jpg

ISrHF.jpg

>>

saJQm.jpg

BEEN HAD COOGI OXFORD

FL6Ao.jpg

>>

fBI1M.jpg

BEEN HAD STRAY BULLETS

cCBW7.jpg

>>

3OETq.jpg

BEEN HAD JCREW TORN GIRLFRIEND SHIRT OF WTF-ness...

jPUIg.jpg

>>

zKuNM.jpg

BEEN HAD ORIGINAL NAZI DOCTOR SHOOZ, MADE IN ENGLAND, MY SIZE, THAT'S NO JOKE
gonna black out the soles and rock these like P. Ervell, bitches....

AND:

BEEN HAD CELEBRITY NUDITY GRAIL STATUS VHS -

BUT THAT IS A TALE FOR ANOTHER DAY!

:lurk:

Last edited:

mexicutioner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sounds about right?

yup.

given your recent posts/brags (dior homme flower child tie, vinnntage canali db, prorsum mis-snipe, bill blass, etc) i think you should take a few weeks to read and learn before making ANY purchases. your pocketbook will thank you. it happens to everyone.

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ahhhh jeez, I didn't see the "Burberrys'" tag...From what I've read, "Burberrys" became "Burberry" around 1998 to 1999. So this jacket is at least 13 years old. Anyone has any ideas what line this is from? Anyone who has this jacket, care to share info. on canvas? 1/2? Fused? Country of origin?

I'm still pretty happy with the price. The measurements look right. Hope it fits...
Most likely Fused, probably US Made.
yup.
given your recent posts/brags (dior homme flower child tie, vinnntage canali db, prorsum mis-snipe, bill blass, etc) i think you should take a few weeks to read and learn before making ANY purchases. your pocketbook will thank you. it happens to everyone.
+1

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yup.

time to hit the books...rocky theme playing in the background.
boxing[1].gif

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jpmorris

Reaction score

Quality is very poor IMHO, buttons are cool, and thats about it. I just sold one in navy and one in black, if either had gone for $56 I would've thrown a party. Sold em both for 30 and was happy to do so. Just look for the recent label, that stuff is much better, although you could get Oxxford for about the same which would be a much, much better buy for the money IMO.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That was a good rec! I'm glad I didn't pass that by... (Now I have to read the first five on my laptop, lols).

ALSO:

It has come embarrassingly to my attention that my non-updated phone's been eating some of my posts and private messages again. A full investigation will be launched. In the meantime, please stay with a buddy after dark, avoid suspicious hypertext links, and let me know if I've dropped the ball on something. Thanks.

951socal

Reaction score

Thanks, man. I JUST read this http://reviews.ebay.com/Burberrys-BURBERRY-Prorsum-Labels?ugid=10000000004206383

According to the guide, "[Prorsum label] shows the word BURBERRY, the equestrian,  'ESTABLISHED 1856', 'PRORSUM COLLECTION' or any combination of those. Some labels are red in color." I wished I had read this before bidding...Oh well, a not so expensive lesson learned...

So, the word "Prorsum" was apart of the Burberrys label, inscribed on "the knight's banner", until the name change in 1999. That's when the word "Prorsum" is exclusively used on SOME of their Prorsum line...a bit confusing...Any other lines, excluded the word "Prorsum" from the label.

Sounds about right?

correct. but some of the runway pieces on the burberry prorsum line do not actually say burberry prorsum

in general: old burberry, burberry brit, burberry london etc are to be left unless fit is 100% perfect and you need that particular item

quick and dirty:

YSL - Rive Gauche ONLY
Lanvin- stylized woman with daughter in what people have claimed as a "sail boat" sometimes black label black text
Dior - Silver label, fabric tag will have Dior Homme then FOR JAPAN ONLY and care instructions on it
versace - usually good. versus is the only stuff you should pass up.
Calvin Klein Collection - only if it fits you. black label with COLLECTION nothing else. the jeans label is NOT a part of collection even if it has a black label

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
correct. but some of the runway pieces on the burberry prorsum line do not actually say burberry prorsum
in general: old burberry, burberry brit, burberry london etc are to be left unless fit is 100% perfect and you need that particular item
quick and dirty:
YSL - Rive Gauche ONLY
Lanvin- stylized woman with daughter in what people have claimed as a "sail boat" sometimes black label black text
Dior - Silver label, fabric tag will have Dior Homme then FOR JAPAN ONLY and care instructions on it
versace - usually good. versus is the only stuff you should pass up.
Calvin Klein Collection - only if it fits you. black label with COLLECTION nothing else. the jeans label is NOT a part of collection even if it has a black label

thanks for the list. anyone wish to add?

951socal

Reaction score
^not a prob, let me know if they're any other brands you need a little breif on:

zegna ties- depends on the quality you want, Grey label ones are the best but older. the newer ones are thin and way too shiny to be wearable (XXX Ermengildo zegna ) going sideways on the blade.
however the recent zegna ties that have couture XXX are built alot like the older grey label ones

Vineyard vines ties- only if not made in china

hermes- only if real, spread at wide end, look for loop of string, on non woven: lining should amtch base color of silk, skinny end of tie has hermes, made in france and the call number style number of tie.
woven ties: thick HERMES ` Paris keeper, not just logo

pass if its ugly, i've passed on a few of these, ebay has been flooded with hermes ties recently. so only buy it if it suits you/your needs or the needs of your forum members.

if you find something thats ridiculously nice, its common courtesy to offer it here for cost/low price before you go to sell it on the B&S or fleabay or w/e medium you have. Good Karma goes along way in life :slayer:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads