• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Soooooooooo, how do you add a spoiler to other peoples posts? Yea, me no so good at computing. :(

Regg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Soooooooooo, how do you add a spoiler to other peoples posts? Yea, me no so good at computing. :(

when replying to a quote just highlight their text and hit the spoiler button (the black text box icon). I suggest highlighting only the text so you can still see whose quote it is, as you can see above

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
O.k, so here's the rest of the stuff I picked up yesterday.
First up, a Norman Hilton jacket that fit me so well, I couldn't just leave it. I'm serious when I say, I've never had a jacket fit so well right off the rack, no trip to the tailors needed. Now I just need to go back and find the pants. :embar:

Vintage Brooks Brothers single button, peak lapel tuxedo jacket, VENTED! Size is marked 44 regular. Available.

Vintage Brooks Brothers mini-hounds-tooth, check, 2 button blazer, single vent. Size is marked 44 long and from season S4? The pictures really don't do this bad boy justice. This thing is really bad ass in real life. Of course I'm partial to jackets with loud patterns. Available.

Orvis blue OCBD, made in the USA with a cool embroidered duck on the breast. Size 16 x 34, available.

PRL "Phillip" shirt, made in the USA, size 16 x 34, available. First PRL USA made shirt I've come across.

My first Corneliani shirt! My size but not really my style, so its available. Size 15.5/39

Vintage BB white OCBD, my size so I'm keeping, made in the USA with a nice collar roll!

Also this:

And just for grins, heres another shot of that linen DB.

steveoly

Reaction score
Awesome finds as of late guys!

If anyone needs a proxy for some of the finest Sean John, Stafford, and Nautica goods, please let me know. Omaha is peppered with such treasures.

K - back to my lurking.

Steve

amadar

Reaction score

Awesome finds as of late guys!
If anyone needs a proxy for some of the finest Sean John, Stafford, and Nautica goods, please let me know. Omaha is peppered with such treasures.
K - back to my lurking.
Steve

Ughh.....there was a shirt rack LOADED with Sean John the other day....from afar I thought I had hit the RLPL mother load :fu:

Last edited:

acosbysweater

Reaction score
BRB, off to find more torn RLPL, Belvest, Borrelli, Loro Piana, Margiela, Yamamoto. People really wear their **** hard here in Denver. Yeesh, I need some Dallas and LA Oprah wealth in my thrifting life to balance out the condition of finds with the quality.

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oops.
shog[1].gif
. Hmm, it was made in China though. How odd. Maybe Pendleton just has a heavy presence in Japan and they know that? Anyhow, thanks for the correction.

AndroFan
This is japanese............

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha, thanks man...just hit a bit of a good streak. Actually, the only things from LA are the 4 shirts, the unpictured Pal Zileri Sartoriale suit, and the 2 Oxxfords. Everything else was from my usual spots around here.

My god, man! You either have lady luck in your pocket or you've gotten thrifting down to a T!!! What stores do you hit up in LA?

951socal

Reaction score

Oops.  
shog%5B1%5D.gif
.  Hmm, it was made in China though.  How odd.  Maybe Pendleton just has a heavy presence in Japan and they know that?  Anyhow, thanks for the correction.  

no prob, i think japan just has different laws reguarding fabric content that requires a a japanese tag

alot of dior homme pieces have japanese fabric tags or a section that says FOR JAPAN ONLY

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This lends more credence to my belief that it's authentic. It's very well made...everything about it leads me to believe it's real, but I'm always wary of "Made in China" labels on high end stuff. Thanks man.

I can let you know the size though, since it's unavailable: it's a large.
peepwall[1].gif

no prob, i think japan just has different laws reguarding fabric content that requires a a japanese tag
alot of dior homme pieces have japanese fabric tags or a section that says FOR JAPAN ONLY

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today, been had sick linen summertime jackets.
David Hamilton made in Italy soft yellow linen 3 button jacket, single vent, 1/3rd lined, 100% RAW! Pick stitching all over this *****! Very little shoulder padding, nipped waist, high armholes, slim arms! Just need the sleeves shortened a touch and the chest let out a smidgen, and it's good to go! Also gon have it turned into a 3 roll 2. 48 drop 6, although I didn't find any pants to go with it, I don't think they're necessary. I've never heard of the maker before either, but I don't care, it's for myself. :D

Tentative fit pick, this mutha is slllllim!

BB Irish linen short sleeved shirt. Size small, not available.

And these, AE Leeds in shell. Size 11B, most likely available.

Also just realized I always look like I'm really pissed in my pictures, which is not the case at all. :happy:

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice hauls, guys!

This weeks finds:

Ties:

PRL Made in Italy, Saks Wool, The Custom Shop (super thick), Massimo Bizzochi

Pants:

John Varvatos Cotton Pants x2 (32)

Billy Reid Corduroy (32)

Recent Burberry Cotton/Linen Flat Front Khaki (38)

Bills Khakis M3 (30 - temporarily on hold)

Awesome Richard James Savile Row Moleskin Trousers (my size - keeping)

Are these "fishmouth" pockets? If not, what the hell are?

Side Tab Adjusters (no belt loops)

Shirts:

Comme De Garcons (needs some work about a 21 p2p)

Obedient Sons & Trovata (S)

Billy Reid (L) & Varvatos x2 (S)

Zegna x2 (Gray 16, Yellow Medium), Purple Borrelli FC (16.5), Blue Sulka FC (16.5), Navy Lorenzini (16.5), Burberry (XL), Tan Steven Alan (XL)

Anyone heard of "Mason's"? Made in Italy:

Suit:

Recent Flat Front Charcoal Tailored Hickey Freeman w/ Lora Piano Fabric (42/44 with 38 pants), working cuffs, super nice:

Other than the Richard James pants (and possibly the Bill's Khakis), everything is available.

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice hauls, guys!

This weeks finds:

Ties:

PRL Made in Italy, Saks Wool, The Custom Shop (super thick), Massimo Bizzochi

Pants:

John Varvatos Cotton Pants x2 (32)

Billy Reid Corduroy (32)

Recent Burberry Cotton/Linen Flat Front Khaki (38)

Bills Khakis M3 (30 - temporarily on hold)

Awesome Richard James Savile Row Moleskin Trousers (my size - keeping)

Are these "fishmouth" pockets? If not, what the hell are?

Side Tab Adjusters (no belt loops)

Shirts:

Comme De Garcons (needs some work about a 21 p2p)

Obedient Sons & Trovata (S)

Suit:

Recent Flat Front Charcoal Tailored Hickey Freeman w/ Lora Piano Fabric (42/44 with 38 pants), working cuffs, super nice:

Other than the Richard James pants (and possibly the Bill's Khakis), everything is available.

Nice haul man! Wish the pictured above weren't my sizes. I am holding my wallet close trying not to pm you...
facepalm.gif

ilikethelights

Reaction score

I have a flannel shirt by Mason's that I like. Shirts seem to carry a $150-200 price tag from what I've seen. Maybe all casual type stuff?

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads