1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Towers

Towers Senior member

I saw a Calvin Klien suit yesterday for $75 at VV.

2. Mox C

Mox C Senior member

Hickey-Freeman. The factory is here in Rochester.

3. staxringold

staxringold Senior member

So is the consensus that I should've grabbed those 2 suckas? Thought about it, but couldn't bring myself to drop $50 without some certainty.

4. suited

suited Senior member

NWT Pendleton Navy Wool - 44L. The price tag looks rather old, although you can't tell by the lighting in the closeup on it. Also picked up a nice HF wool suit in what I think is a 42R, flat front/no cuff. Will post after measurements.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Speaking of retarded goodwill prices, this is what a local GW is charging, $29 bucks for some beat to shit ck creation, and $50-75 stafford suits are not uncommon:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  5. Randomore

Randomore Senior member

Went to return a couple things that ended up not fitting right and just browsed and found...

B&L Ray Ban not available
    [​IMG]

Truzzi NWOT, my size so keeping.

[​IMG]

6. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

7. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Not a clue.

8. bytor13

bytor13 Senior member

Hit a lot of stores yesterday, but only came up with these. I'm still pretty happy, though.

Unavailable:

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Florsheim Royal Imperials - are these shell? There's no numbering left, but they kind of look like it to me. I've never actually found a pair before, but do have a pair from eBay, which they look like.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Available:
    17/43, French Cuffs, some minor wear to one of the collar points
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. 46n2

46n2 Senior member

eeessaaeeeaaa today. sweeeeet, available
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. FaceOfBoh

FaceOfBoh Senior member

Anyone ever flip eyeglass frames? I know Persols and Ray Bans, etc are gold.

I've seen some women's Oliver Peoples prescription sunglasses hanging around at a regular stop. I like some of their stuff. IIRC the guy on Burn Notice had a nice pair in the early seasons.

11. Jpmorris

Jpmorris Senior member

It was awhile ago, but HandersHund, you should consider going to the South. Hit up Austin and NOLA, you could swing by Houston easily and from there Dallas or San Antonio if you wanted. I'd def do SA NOLA and Austin.

Oh yeah, I hit like 7 Stores in Little Rock, AR the past 2 days cause I was seeing my little brother, and all I go was this shitty t-shirt. BADASS sportcoat.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    There are NO makers tags :( is there any possible way I could figure out who made this? Since no content, Im guessing that its a predominantly linen/silk blend. It may just be super baller linen. 42R

12. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

Sweet 'available' shirt...but no size listed or picture of tag... really don't want to go though the "guess a size" shitshow thread again [​IMG] (if any of you know which one I'm talking about you will lol also) Dibs 14.5

13. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

14. Jpmorris

Jpmorris Senior member

"(if any of you know which one I'm talking about you will lol also) Dibs 14.5"
    Who do you think I am, martin greenfield?! LOL wasn't that Rayxlui?

15. 46n2

46n2 Senior member

dont wanna start a shitshow, but the size tag is missing from this shirt. 16 neck, 26 sleeve, 19 shoulder, 33 collar to hem [​IMG]

16. wmedina1991

wmedina1991 Member

Was looking for a winter coat. And found exactly what i was looking for. Brown tweed jacket. 3/4 length. and best of all hand made!!! love this thing!

Loving this jacket!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

It is best to measure a shirt in the conventional way; neck-sleeve (from middle of neck tag to end of sleeve).

18. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

I hit some thrift stores in Little Rock and Hot Springs a few years ago. Expected a wasteland but scored several pairs of Bill's Khakis, a pair of Oxxford wool khakis and a pair of green military issue pants which dated to the early 1950's.

I'm going out on a limb here and guessing that the jacket is a Luciano Barbera.

19. mjt73106

mjt73106 Senior member

Condition, condition, condition. Cartier eyeglass frames are the most sought after / flippable IMO. They are rare, most have wooden shafts. Flip prices can go for +/- $500, or more on eBay.

Some can be reconditioned or repaired as well - Maui Jim offer's repair services and I understand that Oliver Peoples used to offer repair services at their boutique's (Not sure, but worth the call to check).

Spend some time looking on what sells on eBay. That will give you the best answer in regard to specific brands and models.

20. mjt73106

mjt73106 Senior member

PM sent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.