• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samuel Smith

Reaction score
mega recent jah cru
post3.jpg

post4.jpg

mmmmmm pretty sure i have the Ludlow Pants sitting in my closet right now. maybe we can re-unite them :D

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow Mainy! Amazing haul!!

There's no "seller feedback" area I could find (so beat me if I'm blind), but I wanted to post something along those lines regardless:

Dealt with Nataku, a very nice guy, and he shipped the item like a superhero -- received in two days. I registered basically because of the item (long-term lurker) so doubly appreciated his positive assessment and willingness to transact.

Best,

Randy

Thanks for the kind words! Randy is a top notch buyer as well. No nonsense - the way it should be. :thumbs-up:

Very sad day today. Had to pass on a recent NWOT 6/2 Hickey Freeman Collection for Saks POW Check 3-piece suit. Wool/Cashmere blend. Side vented. 42 R. The reason: no pants! No where at all! :brick:

I asked a worker if she could check the back room for me and had no luck there. Oh well. Had to leave it behind, as painful as it was. The kicker was that the jacket and vest were hanging right next to each other on the suit rack. I know the pants were there at some point! Ugh.....

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had a classmate whom I went to college with told me he had a friend who went to Berkeley with Huang. I think Huang studied architecture or related major. He said Huang would try to use his star power to copy home work from his classmates and use it to hit on girls who were way out of his league. Anyways, just hearsay...

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd park this lil gif here. Hope no one minds. If his shirt turns out to be Versace, that will be so sweet!

0SJ0r.gif

Last edited:

ilikethelights

Reaction score

Wow Mainy! Amazing haul!!
Thanks for the kind words! Randy is a top notch buyer as well. No nonsense - the way it should be. :thumbs-up:
Very sad day today. Had to pass on a recent NWOT 6/2 Hickey Freeman Collection for Saks POW Check 3-piece suit. Wool/Cashmere blend. Side vented. 42 R. The reason: no pants! No where at all! :brick:
I asked a worker if she could check the back room for me and had no luck there. Oh well. Had to leave it behind, as painful as it was. The kicker was that the jacket and vest were hanging right next to each other on the suit rack. I know the pants were there at some point! Ugh.....

Hey I saw that today too...

rayxlui

Reaction score
So I went back to proxy for someone. Picked up the 15 milmil15 Zegna and an awesome recent Hickey Freeman. For those who are 58EU there's still a beautiful bespoke sports coat.

Zegna 15 milmil 15

Hickey Freeman

Picked up some other stuff out today.

Also picked up a swagtastic by Polo. It's about a ~40. Anyone want it?

Giorgio Armani Black Label. Tagged 50R

Awesome Anthony Mansfield for Hastings. Measures about 38R

Corduroy Coat for Robinsons. Made in Spain. Tagged L

Vintage Canali Linen jacket. Tagged 48.

Here's some pictures of the stuff I picked up a while back, but never took pictures of.

Gucci Horsebit and J.M Weston Crocs

Since everyone was asking about the "Isaia" here's an actual Isaia. Tagged 48, measures about 42R.

Recent Oxxford charcoal. Tagged 42R

Staple Navy Chester Barrie Tagged 40

Hickey Freeman Collection Nail Head with Loro Piana 120's Tagged 40

And for myself. Two crazy SW&D finds.

A pair of selvedge. Warehouse jeans. My size. Looks to have been hot soaked though :facepalm: I love the raw unsoaked better.
These bad boys.
http://blueingreensoho.com/site/ind...facturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

And a BNWT Raf Simons for Fred Perry Harrington.

Pics of these later.

Everything else is available for cost + shipping + a slight proxy.

Last edited:

mexicutioner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I went back to proxy for someone. Picked up the 15 milmil15 Zegna and an awesome recent Hickey Freeman. For those who are 58EU there's still a beautiful bespoke sports coat.
Zegna 15 milmil 15

Hickey Freeman

Picked up some other stuff out today.
Also picked up a swagtastic by Polo. It's about a ~40. Anyone want it?

Giorgio Armani Black Label. Tagged 50R

Awesome Anthony Mansfield for Hastings. Measures about 38R

Corduroy Coat for Robinsons. Made in Spain. Tagged L
Vintage Canali Linen jacket. Tagged 48.

Here's some pictures of the stuff I picked up a while back, but never took pictures of.

Since everyone was asking about the "Isaia" here's an actual Isaia. Tagged 48, measures about 42R.

A pair of selvedge. Warehouse jeans. My size. Looks to have been hot soaked though :facepalm: I love the raw unsoaked better.
These bad boys.
http://blueingreensoho.com/site/ind...facturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28
Pics of these later.

WOAH!!!! crazy haul man.

Last edited:

acosbysweater

Reaction score

Those loafers look to be identical to the ones that Spoo and I sold for 2.2k, except in calf/shell rather than croc. In short, send them to his eBay highness.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright, here's some stuff from the last week or so, but not really that much time spent thrifting. Hit just a few shops in LA last week while on vacation, then a few more the last few days since I've been home. Sorry in advance for the super long post.

Shirts:

VV, Lacoste (99% sure real), VV. Had a third, purple VV, but that went to toscano_adottato already

Carroll & Co (my first), Paul Smith, Paul Smith, Gitman (I normally pass, but this one was a cool pattern)

Thomas Pink, older HF (but in great shape), Diesel FC (first I've seen...no idea about Diesel, but it fits me and seems really well made)

Andover Shop

Gianfranco Ferre (I know they've fallen off, but it fits me and I like it a lot...double button collar, double button sleeves, nice pattern)

Zegna made in Italy

Canali - super soft...was surprised it was just cotton...thought it was cashmere or something

Corbella Milano. Can't find anything about this online, but it seems like it's definitely handmade. MOP buttons, great fabric, generally very well made. This is, without a doubt, the oddest/most interesting shirt I've seen. Deets pics below:

Closeup on the "tail". Anyone who can fill me in on the functionality of this, I'd appreciate it

These are the "collar stays". Really cool.

That has to be hand stitched. There's also the owner's intials handstitched on the front, but because of the stitching style, I think it should be fairly easy to have taken out.

SC's/Jackets:

Facconnable made in Italy (who's the maker on this again? From what I remember, it's someone good, so I got it. Tag pic in spoiler). Big bummer that it's an orphan; side-vented, lots of pick stitching, seems very well made.

Oxxford (probably an orphan, but maybe workable as an SC)

Oxxford (also likely orphan, probably less workable as an SC
confused.gif
)

Hugo Boss 3-button, side vented. My size, so I'm keeping it. Details in spoiler - anyone know if this is an SC or an orphan? Navy color.

2x J. Press SCs with functional cuffs (!!!)

2x J. Press SCs

Suits:

This thing is AMAZING - Cooling Lawrence & Wells on "Maddox Street" (non-SR English tailor, don't know anything else about them). Bespoke, functional cuffs, side vented, beautiful color, gorgeous vest. Only huge problem: no pants
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
. Ugh. Too gorgeous to leave, so I picked it up anyway.

Aquascutum suit

Very recent Hugo Boss

Pretty awesome recent Hugo Boss red label suit

Shoes/etc.:

I got these purely for the hilarity factor. These, ladies and gents, are Zanella double pleated shorts. I think they're silk, but I can check later. I can't imagine these were sold as they are. I'm guessing these were pants that were ripped/damaged, and the owner then turned into shorts. They're just..too weird to exist like this. Whoever REALLY, GENUINELY believes that they can successfully wear these, can have them at cost with the qualification that they have to post a fitpic with them. I think they're size 38-40, but I can check later.

I was really excited to find this, even before I saw the brand. I've been looking for a motorcycle/heavy leather jacket for some time now...the fact that it's Pendleton was just the icing on the cake. BUT, seeing "made in China" label and some Chinese instructions on the reverse side of the materials tag got me a bit concerned. But everything else seemed fine. The liner seems very "Pendleton-esque", the metal-wear seemed pretty solid, and the leather itself seems to be great quality and very heavy duty. Thoughts?

Nothing amazing, but these things are awesome and fit me perfectly and are more comfortable than the Clarks chukkas I just got. Cole Haan, glove leather (super soft!), "Nike Air" heels (??!!?)

Bally loafers. I thought I remembered someone said these were good. Made in Italy, seem pretty nice.

And last, but certainly not least...

So, I was rifling through the jackets/suits as usual on autopilot, and I passed right by this one. I knew what it was, but it just didn't register because it seemed so...improbable. It was literally like "Stafford, Chaps, JAB, _______, Chaps, Staf--wait...what? I literally did a double take, haha. Anyhow...

Other stuff unpictured: a nice pair of brown 100% linen Brooks Bros flat front slacks in my size, some nice brown houndstooth linen/cotton blend summerweight PRL slacks in my size, a few nice colored/patterned Brooks Bros made in Italy shirts. I also had a ridiculously awesome Pal Zileri "Sartoriale" line (the really recent one like on the shirt evilabed posted awhile back) grey with pinstripses suit, but the pants were a bit damaged at the waistband line. Pick stitching, side vented, hand sewn lapels, the works...a really nice suit. It's already gone off to toscano_adottato, so I don't have pics.

My god, man! You either have lady luck in your pocket or you've gotten thrifting down to a T!!! What stores do you hit up in LA?

951socal

Reaction score
AndroFan

This is japanese............

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score

A pair of selvedge. Warehouse jeans. My size. Looks to have been hot soaked though
facepalm.gif
I love the raw unsoaked better.
These bad boys.

Pics of these later.

Nice Haul! Are the Gucci's really small or the Weston's really big? I'd say send them both to Spoo!

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
post16.jpg

bally mint brown captoes
post17.jpg

post18.jpg

alden plain toe on vibram sole
post19.jpg

hardly worn clark's desert boots
post20.jpg

church's custom grade loafers in much better shape than they appear to be
post21.jpg

really old crazy gucci loafers
post22.jpg
[/quote]

Thrifted both those Clark's and those exact Bally's in the last couple weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads