1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samuel Smith

Samuel Smith Senior member

Damn cap. That's maddening

2. Jpmorris

Jpmorris Senior member

you sir are the man! The only other lb sartoriale I found had no cell phone pocket. the buttons will never be functional,, but we've got some attolini on our hands boys! Actual fabric content looks hand written which can't be bad. Pic soon

3. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Yep...you should see how mad my wife gets. But she told me last night she is broke for the next week or two....so I guess she will be my best friend until I give her an allowance. I think I would like some steak tonight!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  4. Towers

Towers Senior member

But now you get to go thrift a car door from the wrecker's.

5. catside

catside Senior member

Not expensive if intact. What color? I'm interested if it is a color I don't have and good shape.

6. catside

catside Senior member

If you combine the hours you spend, effort you put in, including light boxes etc, That comes to like 20 bucks per hour. No lawyers will leave their jobs :)
    Delete that damn post please. Competition with already existing purveyors of vintage fine men's clothing is bad enough.
    (Couldn't call a pal flipper :embar: )

On unrelated news found a 50ies-60ies vintage USA made shearling coat. A beaut. From Gloucester, Mass and called a Mighty Mac.

7. grendel

grendel Senior member

I dunno... From hearing Wes's routes to knowing how long it takes to photograph, measure, list, answer questions, box, ship, etc. I bet he's putting in 40+ hours a week on his hobby. Me? I'm much lazier than that. [​IMG]

8. grendel

grendel Senior member

9. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Bingo! I probably average 50 hours a week outside of the time I screw around here while at work. Plus I travel about 450-500 miles per week visiting thrift stores in the area. Motivated entirely by the high interest rates on my student loans. I intend to pay off the remaining 18 years worth of payments in the next 12-16 months.

10. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Senior member

1 person likes this.
  11. Evil Abed

Evil Abed Senior member

Love that Frank's RedHot sauce ad next to the Copeg ad. Had no clue it was that old.

12. Jpmorris

Jpmorris Senior member

Here is the tag from the LB Sartoriale
    [​IMG]
    It looks very close to the Attolini in the labels thread, but slightly different, does this connote age? Also, the content is clearly hand written, any significance to this? IT says 55% Wo 10% Se 20% B.Wk 15% Kwm. Im assuming this is 55% wool, 10% silk, 15% cashmere? and wtf would 20% B.wk be? Given feel im thinking linen, but I have no idea.

13. matty long legs

matty long legs Senior member

Navy. Horn toggles. Decent shape. No holes but some wear to the wool. I'll PM you when I pick it up.

14. Evil Abed

Evil Abed Senior member

Haven't found the answers yet but searching did help me find this interesting, if not incomplete, resource.
    http://www.textilerooms.com/textile_dictionary/texile dictionary.php

15. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Edited

I hope she's not going to read this...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  16. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

That blackwatch is badass! I've been pining for one, possibly with mop buttons for a bit of pop.

17. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

To all those inspired: your results will DEFINITELY vary:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251150823027?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

18. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

http://fabricstockexchange.com/blog/resources/textile-abbreviations/

WM = Mohair
    WK = Camel hair

19. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

Thanks! It's one of two that I own and I get more use out of them than I would have expected. I don't mind the buttons that I have on them now, but I considered putting the same buttons that I have on my navy cashmere odd jacket...smoked MOP. I like the look for fall/winter jackets.

20. steveoly

steveoly Senior member

:cheers: That's most definitely Attolini :slayer: however I don't know how to tell the age and the hand written stuff is pretty cool. I think that is probably mid-2000s based on this specific Attolini tag. I have also seen Attolini for Sartorio tags (the small, wide rectangular tag) on LB Sartoriale jackets too but I am not sure on the timeline for these tags.

I have had a couple of the Attolini made LB Sartoriales and the nice thing is they don't show their age. They're always pretty traditional in cut and button stance, etc. I have no idea what that fabric composition is, but I think you're pretty close. Nice score.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.