• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
actually I did do the research, and could not really find anything, thus I came here.

Really
puzzled.gif

These might be a good start then for an idea of ebay pricing....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GUCCI-MENS-BROWN-GRAIN-ITALIAN-LEATHER-LACE-UPS-SIZE-11 Kind of beat
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GUCCI-MENS-BROWN-GRAIN-ITALIAN-LEATHER-LACE-UPS-SIZE-11pretty close, condition a little worse
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GUCCI-132523-OXFORD-MENS-9-5-BLACK-US-10-690 pretty damn close to what you have
http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-AUTHENTIC-NEW-MEN-GUCCI-CIRANO-DRIVERS-LOAFERS-US-12D New for $325 opening bed - see if they sell
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item256fb27ae7&item=160787757799These sold for $150 (not exactly the same)

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. USA union tag automatically = not Corneliani. Same goes for pants, jackets, suits, everything I've seen. All the Corneliani made stuff I've seen has that tag, and no US Union tag.

I can attest that those PRL cords by Corneliani I found the other day were by far the best cords I've ever handled, I've never seen USA made suits or jackets that have had tags like those. Usually just the USA union tag. We are still talking about PRL made in the USA suits, right?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
These minor dust-ups don't interest me...

What I really need to know is:

Is the USPS incompetent and deserving of our hate?

*Is* Goodwill a scam?

Film at eleven.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

to translate for Andro:
  • Corneliani tag: GOOD
  • made in USA / USA union tag: much older, proceed with caution

I would assume all the Corneliani stuff would have a Made In Italy tag. right? But I guess my question is, is there other high end made in USA PRL stuff to look out for?

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

These minor dust-ups don't interest me...
What I really need to know is:
Is the USPS incompetent and deserving of our hate?
*Is* Goodwill a scam?
Film at eleven.

wtf are you going on about now...

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I would assume all the Corneliani stuff would have a Made In Italy tag. right? But I guess my question is, is there other high end made in USA PRL stuff to look out for?

RL Signature. Blue label like Polo, script "Ralph Lauren" like Purple Label. Pre-cursor to RLPL. Very high quality. Probably won't flip well anywhere other than on SF, or if a unique pattern.

Also, the made in USA Polo suits are good quality--often fully canvassed. So, if they fit well, buy them. I believe some were made by HF--and if not, are at least at that level.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On another note, has anybody ever dealt with the Bastian Gant stuff? I kind of want to get one of those blazers but I've never seen any of his stuff up close, except for some shirts at Barny's a few years back. That was before I knew very much about high end men's clothing though:/

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RL Signature. Blue label like Polo, script "Ralph Lauren" like Purple Label. Pre-cursor to RLPL. Very high quality. Probably won't flip well anywhere other than on SF, or if a unique pattern.
Also, the made in USA Polo suits are good quality--often fully canvassed. So, if they fit well, buy them. I believe some were made by HF--and if not, are at least at that level.

Damn, I've passed on that stuff from time to time because I thought it was fake. AAAArrrrrggggg!!!! Anywho, I've got a siiiick 70's PRL tweed suit in MINT condition. It's a dark brown with a green plaid check, a little bit too big for me so probably around a 40 if anybody wants it. I was actually about to post it to the bay tomorrow with the last of my other **** I have lying around. :spam::spam::spam::spam:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads