1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoofit

Hoofit Senior Member

Those are nice jackets, I wish I could find one in a 46L. I had a 48L with ticket pocket a couple of years ago that went to north of $200.

2. Klobber

Klobber Distinguished Member

Pretty Cool. Saw one on the Bay in 44L a few months ago and it sold for around $170 after a mini bidding war. I decided to slink out, hope you got yours for less than that.

Add me to the list of 46L jonesing for a jacket like that PRL. Very nice piece. Nataku had a double breasted version of that, I wanted to get it from him, but it was R instead of L. Too bad for me.

3. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Distinguished Member

If I saw those in the wild I would have taken a hard look at them because they are my size. I'm starting to see $15-20 on crap brand shoes. I agree the price is a bit steep...but I've seen similar bring well over $100 on fleabay.

4. wcl

wcl Senior Member

+1 I bet with a strip/conditioning/polish they would be awesome. Probably half of my shoes were thrifts that were brought back from the brink. But I will be the first to say I did not pay $50 for any of them.

5. Jpmorris

Jpmorris Senior Member

Found something interesting today. Can anyone help me authenticate, date, value this? What you see is what I have to go on, the packaging is still melted shut. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Snagged a tiffany portfolio clock on the cheap too.

6. horse's_ass

horse's_ass Distinguished Member

On the topic of shoe restoration, I just switched from Lexol cleaner/conditioner to the Saphir product. Generally speaking, I like it.

7. wcl

wcl Senior Member

Next level Fake.

8. tben

tben Distinguished Member

+1.

9. ATLjon

ATLjon Distinguished Member

Assistance needed:

I took some detail pics of the Brioni, and I've come to the conclusion that a)it's a sportcoat (no drop, button color, etc.) and, and this is the unfortunate part, b) it's more eaten up than I had originally thought.

Let me know what you guys think: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157629658323598/

And if anyone has any suggestions beyond brian's $200+ OBO stroke of genius or selling it to Samuel for an obscenely low price, let me hear em.

Oh, and I tried on that Gucci tie; it is, as the kids say, tits.

EDIT: Greenfield pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157629658575840/

Last edited: May 9, 2012

10. wcl

wcl Senior Member

:happy:

Send it to Jefferey D for dissection.....assuming it does not sell.

11. VLSI

VLSI Distinguished Member

Anyone know the maker of this tie?

[​IMG]

12. 46n2

46n2 Senior Member

I have decided to make this Charvet i got in HI available. It's sort of a salmony/light brown color which I don't dig. Gimme a PM if interested. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Shiny

Shiny Senior Member

I’ve been on a Hermes tear. Last week I found a heavy silk tie and this week this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think it’s real, but I’m prepared to be overruled. This is a slim tie. Prior to this, I had not found any Hermes ties not even fake ones.

Also, this shirt:

[​IMG]

I know these are prized and all, but there are 5-6 fabric pulls and the fabric looks like a cheap Nautica tie after 1 year. That is, some parts of the cloth have the look of white cotton candy (wear areas). I’m gonna probably put this on the bay with a detailed description b/c it’s got some issues.

BB G Fleece suit:

[​IMG]
    Tagged 40R, but fits me :slayer: . Note to self: BB G Fleece are cut big. Only issue with it is the back lining is coming out. Easy fix. This is a keeper.

Finally, my first RL Black label. This is an Italian made linen SC:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This puppy is tagged 42R, but fits like a 40R. Really cut small. I was excited when I saw the size, but tried it on and :brick: . Dbl vented, but the vents are maybe ½ the length of regular ones so they look really nice. Unlined in the bottom area. A fellow 40R forum member may be claiming this, but if he declines could be available.

14. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Distinguished Member

hermes shirt is a bad fake not so sure about the tie either

15. wcl

wcl Senior Member

+1 about the shirt. I would say the tie is real, but real old. No one would go to the trouble of faking that pattern and the watermark on the tail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.