• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoofit

Reaction score

And I have a 44R one from eBay :slayer:

Those are nice jackets, I wish I could find one in a 46L. I had a 48L with ticket pocket a couple of years ago that went to north of $200.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And I have a 44R one from eBay :slayer:

Pretty Cool. Saw one on the Bay in 44L a few months ago and it sold for around $170 after a mini bidding war. I decided to slink out, hope you got yours for less than that.

Those are nice jackets, I wish I could find one in a 46L. I had a 48L with ticket pocket a couple of years ago that went to north of $200.

Add me to the list of 46L jonesing for a jacket like that PRL. Very nice piece. Nataku had a double breasted version of that, I wanted to get it from him, but it was R instead of L. Too bad for me.

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Went to the same shop where I found the shoes in my intro post, and found these... Research says these are Crockett & Jones correct?

My eyes got huge when I saw them, as they hadn't been there the day before and were approximately the style I'd like to find for myself. Then I saw the price on the bottom of the sole... Seemed like they could have a new life after a refurb in the right hands but since they aren't my size, I passed. Figured I'd see what you guys thought about them. The price is nuts for the condition right?

If I saw those in the wild I would have taken a hard look at them because they are my size. I'm starting to see $15-20 on crap brand shoes. I agree the price is a bit steep...but I've seen similar bring well over $100 on fleabay.

wcl

Reaction score

If I saw those in the wild I would have taken a hard look at them because they are my size. I'm starting to see $15-20 on crap brand shoes. I agree the price is a bit steep...but I've seen similar bring well over $100 on fleabay.

+1 I bet with a strip/conditioning/polish they would be awesome. Probably half of my shoes were thrifts that were brought back from the brink. But I will be the first to say I did not pay $50 for any of them.

Jpmorris

Reaction score
Found something interesting today. Can anyone help me authenticate, date, value this? What you see is what I have to go on, the packaging is still melted shut.

Snagged a tiffany portfolio clock on the cheap too.

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the topic of shoe restoration, I just switched from Lexol cleaner/conditioner to the Saphir product. Generally speaking, I like it.

wcl

Reaction score

Found something interesting today. Can anyone help me authenticate, date, value this? What you see is what I have to go on, the packaging is still melted shut.   

Snagged a tiffany portfolio clock on the cheap too. 

Next level Fake.

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Assistance needed:

I took some detail pics of the Brioni, and I've come to the conclusion that a)it's a sportcoat (no drop, button color, etc.) and, and this is the unfortunate part, b) it's more eaten up than I had originally thought.

Let me know what you guys think: http://www.flickr.com/photos/71716117@N07/sets/72157629658323598/

And if anyone has any suggestions beyond brian's $200+ OBO stroke of genius or selling it to Samuel for an obscenely low price, let me hear em.

Oh, and I tried on that Gucci tie; it is, as the kids say, ****.

EDIT: Greenfield pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/71716117@N07/sets/72157629658575840/

Last edited:

wcl

Reaction score

Assistance needed:

I took some detail pics of the Brioni, and I've come to the conclusion that a)it's a sportcoat (no drop, button color, etc.) and, and this is the unfortunate part, b) it's more eaten up than I had originally thought.

Let me know what you guys think: http://www.flickr.com/photos/71716117@N07/sets/72157629658323598/

And if anyone has any suggestions beyond brian's $200+ OBO stroke of genius or selling it to Samuel for an obscenely low price, let me hear em.

Oh, and I tried on that Gucci tie; it is, as the kids say, ****.
:happy:

Send it to Jefferey D for dissection.....assuming it does not sell.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone know the maker of this tie?

46n2

Reaction score
I have decided to make this Charvet i got in HI available. It's sort of a salmony/light brown color which I don't dig. Gimme a PM if interested.
thumbs-up.gif

Shiny

Reaction score
I’ve been on a Hermes tear. Last week I found a heavy silk tie and this week this:

P1010253.jpg

P1010252.jpg

I think it’s real, but I’m prepared to be overruled. This is a slim tie. Prior to this, I had not found any Hermes ties not even fake ones.

Also, this shirt:

P1010257.jpg

I know these are prized and all, but there are 5-6 fabric pulls and the fabric looks like a cheap Nautica tie after 1 year. That is, some parts of the cloth have the look of white cotton candy (wear areas). I’m gonna probably put this on the bay with a detailed description b/c it’s got some issues.

BB G Fleece suit:

P1010256.jpg

Tagged 40R, but fits me :slayer: . Note to self: BB G Fleece are cut big. Only issue with it is the back lining is coming out. Easy fix. This is a keeper.

Finally, my first RL Black label. This is an Italian made linen SC:
P1010255.jpg

P1010254.jpg

This puppy is tagged 42R, but fits like a 40R. Really cut small. I was excited when I saw the size, but tried it on and :brick: . Dbl vented, but the vents are maybe ½ the length of regular ones so they look really nice. Unlined in the bottom area. A fellow 40R forum member may be claiming this, but if he declines could be available.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hermes shirt is a bad fake not so sure about the tie either

wcl

Reaction score

hermes shirt is a bad fake not so sure about the tie either

+1 about the shirt. I would say the tie is real, but real old. No one would go to the trouble of faking that pattern and the watermark on the tail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads