• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always been a strong advocate of the noobizor school of poasting, so without further ado, I present...

"Dr. Surprise Haul"

OR

"How I learned to stop worrying and love the thrift"

Ok, so like everyone else in this thread lately, I told myself I need to ferserious cut back on thrifting. I've been spending way too much time on it and I've amassed way too much stuff, so I resolved not to pick up anymore stuff for awhile. I really, seriously, sincerely, honestly, and all the other "ly's" didn't intend to go thrifting at all this weekend. But I had to meet up with this dude today in a city pretty far from where I live and the dude showed up like 45 mins late, which pissed me off. So I said I'd go to GW to blow of a little steam. But I realize it's 8:30 and they're closing in less than 30 minutes.

well, at least that means I can't do much damage, so that's good...

BEEN HAD gorgeous Corneliani for PRL (awwww yeah, silk/flax/wool, what what!!)

AWWW yeah, git dat rare Piatelli

Can anyone tell me, is this made by Samuelsohn? It's made in Canada and kind of looks like the Samuelsohn tag to me, though I'm really not sure.

FINALLY a solid fabric navy suit IN MY SIZE (!!!!!). Fits like a M-Fin dream, and is utterly flawless despite being 18 years old.

BEEN HAD...

BEEN HAD...

BEEN HAD THIS GUY:

Oh, you thought we were finished? Nawwww...

Unpictured: Brooks Bros grey staple suit, gorgeous recent Brooks Bros. green with check 3 btn SC, 2x Brooks Bros staple shirts, Paul Stuart brown repp tie.

All this **** was snagged within 20 minutes since the store was closing.

I went outside and was immediately all like...

All except the Norman Hilton in my size tentatively available, awaiting some doods who get priority dibs.

Last edited:

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well ****.

I don't know what I was thinking - Bonehead moment - SW&D is out of my element.

You'll probably be able to get your money back - or maybe even make an inconsequential amount of profit - with some good pictures.

The issue with 7FAM/etc is that they don't appeal to people who are into denim/SW&D. There's a high MSRP, but I doubt they sell a ton of stuff at that price point. I think they mostly end up in piles at Nordstrom rack.

Last edited:

Everett464

Reaction score
Yeah - it looks like money back on Ebay should be doable. Lesson Learned.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You'll probably be able to get your money back - or maybe even make an inconsequential amount of profit - with some good pictures.
The issue with 7FAM/etc is that they don't appeal to people who are into denim/SW&D. There's a high MSRP, but I doubt they sell a ton of stuff at that price point. I think they mostly end up in piles at Nordstrom rack.

true but Nordy Rack still prices them at $99-$119 and they rarely mark them down further if that's any consolation.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do not think Seven for all Mankind are that bad at $25 if for personal use. For flipping round these shores, tough, SF is a hard crowd to please. I can only see you breaking even on the Bay as well.

Nevermind huh, I made this mistake with a pair of True Religion jeans. Suck it up and move on. Minimum jean level for flippability probably Diesel for me, although some Levis models are worthwhile grabbing.

Last edited:

Sonorously

Reaction score
It just so happens they are. Want?
biggrin.gif

I'm interested.
nod[1].gif

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I do not think Seven for all Mankind are that bad at $25 if for personal use. For flipping round these shores, tough, SF is a hard crowd to please. I can only see you breaking even on the Bay as well.
Nevermind huh, I made this mistake with a pair of True Religion jeans. Suck it up and move on. Minimum jean level for flippability probably Diesel for me, although some Levis models are worthwhile grabbing.

Check for a real leather patch on levi's, rather than that cheap papery ones they use on most jeans. Then look at the size tag for something like this:

Levi's mainline is all but worthless, but Levi's Vintage Clothing (tag shown) is great and even Levi's Made and Crafted is probably worth a flip.

SuitMyself

Reaction score

acosbysweater

Reaction score

PM sent, bring the Boss home! Reminder to anyone - I want 80's concert t shirts.
YO. YO. The Gucci shoes at $1525 are even blowing my mind. I thought like Brianpore, $500 at the max. DAYUM. You go, acosbysweater!

B. Pore. You aren't ******* with the greatest. Consign your blazer via Spoo and you will get the caish.

Also, been had $7 Yamamoto wool/viscose vests:

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Spoo, what's the lowest level of item that you consign?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Spoo, what's the lowest level of item that you consign?

You mean in terms of branding? Depends really, you see what I sell, so I prefer to keep the aesthetic of my store consistent. However, Im not above throwing in a donut if its going to bring some cash. :lol:

wcl

Reaction score

I've always been a strong advocate of the noobizor school of poasting, so without further ado, I present...

Can anyone tell me, is this made by Samuelsohn?  It's made in Canada and kind of looks like the Samuelsohn tag to me, though I'm really not sure. ​

That would be Peerless Mnfg. Makers of Chaps, Trump, Sean John, etc........ Nice haul in all. Did you really thrift a Paul Stuart store fixture? Or just borrow the pic for Noobizor dramatic effect? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics