• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LooknGr8

Reaction score

LooknGr8

Reaction score

I've always been a strong advocate of the noobizor school of poasting, so without further ado, I present...

All except the Norman Hilton in my size tentatively available, awaiting some doods who get priority dibs. 

nice haul

951socal

Reaction score

Also, been had $7 Yamamoto wool/viscose vests:

anything yohji is my dream find! please tell me you're selling that?
used to visit the boutique in shibuya when i had free time as a kid. never had the confidence to wear any of it though

Last edited:

mjt73106

Reaction score
Real/fake? First NWT item
biggrin.gif

Real. This was when Coach made / retailed leather products. These belts came in black, light brown (your item), and a dark brown. Silver and gold hardware. All were imported from China.

Typhoid Jones

Reaction score
anything yohji is my dream find! please tell me you're selling that?
used to visit the boutique in shibuya when i had free time as a kid. never had the confidence to wear any of it though

I passed on two (seemed to me to be) older Yohji shirts a few weeks ago. They come up here, but I don't know anything. Again, am I missing something re: SW&D?

Also, probably going to get busted for posting this because it's YSL... certainly licensed... but still - it's a darkest navy blue velvet blazer with double vents and in my size.

AAAND I think I finally found a home for some of the smoked MOP blazer buttons that I've been collecting, lol.

Here's one last tip: TRANSFER STATIONS. I wasn't even aware these existed until I visited my friend's new vacation place in the Berkshires. From what I gather, these places are associated with the town dump in smaller NE communities where the town residents have to haul all their own trash because there is no pickup service. Either way, the town residents take any usable clothing, home furnishings, etc. and leave them in a building on site for others to take - FOR FREE.

I scored this vintage framed Orvis colorplate and description of dragonfly lures to hang behind my desk. Again, for free. There was lots of used outdoor / camping stuff and vacation house - related stuff available. Anybody who lives in NE especially if you live in upstate NY or Western MA might want to check these places out if you live near them.

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with either of these ties? Picked these up at the SA in my parents town. The red one was here a couple weeks ago:

DSCN0224.jpg

DSCN0222.jpg

Also picked up two pairs of Hugo Boss pants (linen/made in Italy) size 36/34 in Navy & Off White. A NW/WOT Daniel Cremiux (HSM) sport coat...no inside tag but it measures about a 39/40 S. Two trad sport coats about a 43L - Southwick & Brooks Brothers. And a nice BB wool turtleneck sweater...my size.

acosbysweater

Reaction score

I passed on two (seemed to me to be) older Yohji shirts a few weeks ago.  They come up here, but I don't know anything.  Again, am I missing something re: SW&D?

I dunno, do you like making money?

http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_sac...nkw=yamamoto pour homme&LH_Complete=1&_sop=15

This result might be specifically relevant to your question of age vs. value.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAP...8TZ6LH0%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_1433wt_980

Certainly the styling is miles away from anything YOU would wear, but are you going to flip that YSL blazer you just picked up when you get tired of it?

Typhoid Jones

Reaction score
I dunno, do you like making money?

This result might be specifically relevant to your question of age vs. value.

Certainly the styling is miles away from anything YOU would wear, but are you going to flip that YSL blazer you just picked up when you get tired of it?

^^^
baldy[1].gif

RE: YSL. It's funny. I have a pretty even mix of MC, old vintage and Trad / Ivy gear, and some SW&D stuff (no baller Lanvin lambskin hi-tops, though). I usually wear a mashup and also go full on MC regularly. I'll probably hang onto the blazer for now, but like those club collar shirts I came up with a while back, I'll keep you guys in mind first if it comes time to cut them loose, lol.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...trousers, ties, shoes........finally posted.......on ebay..................next up.......shirts..and suits........

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't do a lot of Lacoste, but I recently ran across a pair of trousers that got snapped up 20 minutes after I posted them. They were flat-front, cuffed, side adjusters with the croc logo on the flap of the watch pocket, no fabric content but I suspected a blend (I have pictures if anyone is interested). What matters is that the guy who bought them was satisfied with the purchase and took the time to email thanks. Yesterday, I found a NWT polo shirt and am hoping some experts here can advise if it's fake. I did a bit of googling and am still undecided, so I came here. On the real side, the buttons feel like MOP when pressed to lips. The buttons are stitched, more or less, with holes aligned vertically. On the fake side, I'm not sure about the logo. After reading the various guides, no two of which seem to jibe, my head spins. Thanks for any help.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Check for a real leather patch on levi's, rather than that cheap papery ones they use on most jeans. Then look at the size tag for something like this:

Levi's mainline is all but worthless, but Levi's Vintage Clothing (tag shown) is great and even Levi's Made and Crafted is probably worth a flip.

Very useful information - thanks :)

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I scored this vintage framed Orvis colorplate and description of dragonfly lures to hang behind my desk.  Again, for free.  There was lots of used outdoor / camping stuff and vacation house - related stuff available.  Anybody who lives in NE especially if you live in upstate NY or Western MA might want to check these places out if you live near them.

That's pretty cool, especially for the price. Breakfast looks good too!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads