The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LooknGr8

LooknGr8 Senior member

[​IMG]

What is Noobizor's typical frame of mind?

2. LooknGr8

LooknGr8 Senior member

nice haul

3. 951socal

951socal Senior member

anything yohji is my dream find! please tell me you're selling that?
    used to visit the boutique in shibuya when i had free time as a kid. never had the confidence to wear any of it though

Last edited: May 6, 2012

4. mjt73106

mjt73106 Senior member

Real. This was when Coach made / retailed leather products. These belts came in black, light brown (your item), and a dark brown. Silver and gold hardware. All were imported from China.

5. Typhoid Jones

Typhoid Jones Senior member

I passed on two (seemed to me to be) older Yohji shirts a few weeks ago. They come up here, but I don't know anything. Again, am I missing something re: SW&D?

Also, probably going to get busted for posting this because it's YSL... certainly licensed... but still - it's a darkest navy blue velvet blazer with double vents and in my size.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AAAND I think I finally found a home for some of the smoked MOP blazer buttons that I've been collecting, lol.

Here's one last tip: TRANSFER STATIONS. I wasn't even aware these existed until I visited my friend's new vacation place in the Berkshires. From what I gather, these places are associated with the town dump in smaller NE communities where the town residents have to haul all their own trash because there is no pickup service. Either way, the town residents take any usable clothing, home furnishings, etc. and leave them in a building on site for others to take - FOR FREE.

I scored this vintage framed Orvis colorplate and description of dragonfly lures to hang behind my desk. Again, for free. There was lots of used outdoor / camping stuff and vacation house - related stuff available. Anybody who lives in NE especially if you live in upstate NY or Western MA might want to check these places out if you live near them.

[​IMG]

6. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Senior member

Anyone familiar with either of these ties? Picked these up at the SA in my parents town. The red one was here a couple weeks ago:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also picked up two pairs of Hugo Boss pants (linen/made in Italy) size 36/34 in Navy & Off White. A NW/WOT Daniel Cremiux (HSM) sport coat...no inside tag but it measures about a 39/40 S. Two trad sport coats about a 43L - Southwick & Brooks Brothers. And a nice BB wool turtleneck sweater...my size.

7. acosbysweater

acosbysweater Senior member

I dunno, do you like making money?

http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_sac...nkw=yamamoto pour homme&LH_Complete=1&_sop=15

This result might be specifically relevant to your question of age vs. value.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAP...8TZ6LH0%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_1433wt_980

Certainly the styling is miles away from anything YOU would wear, but are you going to flip that YSL blazer you just picked up when you get tired of it?

8. Typhoid Jones

^^^ [​IMG]

RE: YSL. It's funny. I have a pretty even mix of MC, old vintage and Trad / Ivy gear, and some SW&D stuff (no baller Lanvin lambskin hi-tops, though). I usually wear a mashup and also go full on MC regularly. I'll probably hang onto the blazer for now, but like those club collar shirts I came up with a while back, I'll keep you guys in mind first if it comes time to cut them loose, lol.

9. eazye

eazye Senior member

...trousers, ties, shoes........finally posted.......on ebay..................next up.......shirts..and suits........

10. Typhoid Jones

^^^ Scheduled start times for later tonight? You've got the goods, lol.

11. pnutpug

pnutpug Senior member

I don't do a lot of Lacoste, but I recently ran across a pair of trousers that got snapped up 20 minutes after I posted them. They were flat-front, cuffed, side adjusters with the croc logo on the flap of the watch pocket, no fabric content but I suspected a blend (I have pictures if anyone is interested). What matters is that the guy who bought them was satisfied with the purchase and took the time to email thanks. Yesterday, I found a NWT polo shirt and am hoping some experts here can advise if it's fake. I did a bit of googling and am still undecided, so I came here. On the real side, the buttons feel like MOP when pressed to lips. The buttons are stitched, more or less, with holes aligned vertically. On the fake side, I'm not sure about the logo. After reading the various guides, no two of which seem to jibe, my head spins. Thanks for any help.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. eazye

eazye Senior member

^^^  Scheduled start times for later tonight?  You've got the goods, lol.
    [/quot

All those unsold Brioni's!

13. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

Very useful information - thanks :)

14. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

That's pretty cool, especially for the price. Breakfast looks good too!

Last edited: May 6, 2012

15. mexicutioner

mexicutioner Senior member

that was both creepy and hilarious.

A+

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.