Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Certainly!

2. rayxlui

rayxlui Senior member

So yesterday was a pretty good day for me. Green was the lucky color on May the Fourth.

My girlfriend decided to leave for the weekend so I was able to go nuts with the thrifting. Hit up 7 stores.

First store was pretty dead. Managed to pick up a pair of MOP cufflinks for 5 dollah.

Second store was a bust as well. Found a KR3W duffle bag, but they wanted $20.

Third store was the first pick up. Got a Tom Ford era Gucci shirt.

[​IMG]

Fourth, fifth and sixth stores were all busts.

Seven store was pretty nice. I found a recent Zegna here and had been checking back regularly. I almost decided not to go cause it had been dead the previous couple of days.

First thing I check is the shirts.

Notice this:

[​IMG]

Lanvin loves H&M. I was like sweet, I missed that collection, now I'm getting for 5 dollars!

Second thing I noticed was:

[​IMG]

One of the nicest Steven Alan shirts I've come across. Shame it's a little wide on me.

I was like dope, two sweet shirts in my size, that'd I wear. Not bad day.

I head over to the suits/blazers and I look through every blazer and suit. HSM, HSM, Calvin Klein etc. I was like fuck this shit. Got to the last blazer and I noticed it was green. Like this:

[​IMG]

I was like, fuck that shit, it's a green blazer, probably made by some retarded drunky for St.Patty's day. So I wasn't gonna check it out. But my hand sweeps over it and I was liek, the fuck, this shit is hella soft. I was like... it's a periwinkle green, that shit hella gay. But it's hella soft. Guess I should at least check to see if it's cashmere.

Flip it over and it's:

[​IMG]

I was liek oh hellllllllllll naw. Then I went crazy and stripped the place down.

Ended up finding:

Two pairs of unicorn Zanella's. They seem hella recent. My size as well. Except I don't really wear slacks so if someone wants it hit me up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One's charcoal, the other's lighter grey with blue, red and white faint windowpane.

And a forest green Loro Piana.

[​IMG]

Weird right? My three best finds were green.

Also picked up a pair of Gucci horsebits, but it's not worthy of pics. And a Burberry golf sweater.

Best part, the most expensive thing was the Gucci shirt at $10. Kiton is a 42R

Last edited: May 5, 2012

3. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

Good man for thinking of me. I will definitely take dibs on that. Even if it dont fit or style not for me, I could easily send for proxy price to any member here that could use it. Dont pick up for the resellers here after a quick buck, I know how to spread the love around without even asking for a nickel of profit :)

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

You sure about that brah brah?

5. rayxlui

rayxlui Senior member

Too late, I picked it up an hour ago lol.

6. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

If you play slots, finding a Kiton sportcoat in the wild is like hitting the jackpot. You should not be a cock tease by posting find without size though :laugh:.

Overall great score, I congratulate you on your efforts here. Treat your girlfriend to a nice meal since she implicitly contributed to your finds by leaving you on your own for the weekend LOL. When the cats away, the mouse comes out to play ;)

For resale at profit or keepsake?

7. rayxlui

rayxlui Senior member

Kidding, I'm still in Santa Barbara.

8. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

Well your finds from before go up exponentially better - that is excellent haulage from SB particularly considering there are some pro flippers in the area.

9. grendel

grendel Senior member

Went out today and found some cool stuff...

First some proxied HF shirts:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My first Borrelli! HUGE MOP buttons on it... 18L

[​IMG]

Someone said they like these Norwegian sweaters, right? If someone wants it you can have it cheap (size large), otherwise I'm probably gonna return it

[​IMG]

Is this the good YSL or bad? I can never remember. I'm guessing bad, but it was worth picking up to ask since I can return it

[​IMG]

Charvet tie... a couple pulls on the front, but not too bad for $2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bloomingdale's camel hair blazer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brooks Brothers camel hair glenplaid (48L)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For me... been had Polo Madras... NWT!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a bit of a SW&D grail find... Eastland Made in Maine Falmouth Camp Moc's... Hand sewn in Maine of Horween Chromexcel, they retail for $275:

http://www.eastlandshoe.com/product...e+camp+moccasin.do?sortby=priceAscend&from=fn

These are NWOT and look like they've only been tried on, never worn outside. I think they're the "dark olive" color. I figured they wouldn't fit since they're a 9.5, but they do... Decisions, decisions...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Everything's available except the madras and maybe (probably) the Eastlands...

10. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

It's really cool. I found a newer Dansk one a few weeks ago and was disppointed to find out it wasn't one of the really desirable ones. Today when I saw this I knew it was "one of the good ones" from my research a few weeks back.

Same as this one. I can get actual pics tomorrow if you're interested. Otherwise it's headed for the bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...Iey18Co%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_500wt_1415

I head over to the suits/blazers and I look through every blazer and suit. HSM, HSM, Calvin Klein etc. I was like fuck this shit. Got to the last blazer and I noticed it was green.

I was like, fuck that shit, it's a green blazer, probably made by some retarded drunky for St.Patty's day. So I wasn't gonna check it out. But my hand sweeps over it and I was liek, the fuck, this shit is hella soft. I was like... it's a periwinkle green, that shit hella gay. But it's hella soft. Guess I should at least check to see if it's cashmere.
    Flip it over and it's:
    [​IMG]
    I was liek oh hellllllllllll naw.

Awesome haul, but this part made me laugh. :laugh:

11. grendel

grendel Senior member

Gucci horsebits are worth a picture... what size?

12. rayxlui

rayxlui Senior member

SERIOUSLY. it's been so dead until yesterday. I gotta beat those pro flipper more often.

13. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

That Borrelli is a babetastic shirt - how does that measure out? I am 18L although I often find Borrelli fits less than slim.

14. grendel

grendel Senior member

18 neck, 35 sleeve, 26.5 pit to pit. Nicest MOP buttons I've ever seen.

15. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Those eastland mocs are sick grendel :slayer: Wish they were an 11.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.