• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Had a pretty good weekend. Still have a handful of suits to take pictures of and get listed. As always for sale/trade
mwink[1].gif

Joseph & Lyman 100% Cashmere Blue Blazer - 40R

Brooks Brothers Tan Houndstooth Sportcoat - 42L

Paul Stuart Glenplaid Suit - 44L

Southwick Gray Mini Herringbone - 46R

Brooks Brothers Brown Plaid - 35 x 32

Hickey Freeman Gray Glenplaid Blue Overcheck Suit - 50S / 50R

Incotex 100% Linen Light Brown/Beige Dress Pants - 36 x 33

Zanella Solid Gray Dress Pants - 36 x 32

Canali White w/ Black/Tan Mini Check - 17-35.5

Canali Black/Brown Paisley - XL 17-37

Charvet Multi-Color Dress Shirt - 15-32

Ermenegildo Zegna White Brown Blue Stripe - 16.5-35

Brooks Brothers Blue Denim Button Down Medium - Medium

Ralph Lauren Custom Fit Black/White Glen Plaid - 17-32/33

Yves Saint Laurent Pour Homme Blue Stripe - 15-33

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's even more woah in person because of the texture of the fabric. It's got a furry quality to it. I can't figure out if the fabric is something naturally occurring or man made. It has what looks like a couple of moth holes so I'm thinking it must at least a wool blend.

IMG_6347-1.jpg

Perhaps it's Mohair?

Last edited:

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Picked up a burgundy Mont Blanc ballpoint pen for $1.99 and a book on the history of the Purdey gunmakers family for $2.50 the other day. Other than that, nothing real exciting.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Had a pretty good weekend. Still have a handful of suits to take pictures of and get listed. As always for sale/trade
Incotex 100% Linen Light Brown/Beige Dress Pants - 36 x 33

You had very respectable finds, this being the highlight for me. Oh boy, how I wish they could fit 38Waist. Any let out room? No, I should know better, Incotex usually run small. Bummer :(

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha, I had the same immediate initial reaction, knowing that they simply wouldn't be long enough :-(. For all the decent SCs/suits I find, my pants dearth is borderline shameful.

You had very respectable finds, this being the highlight for me. Oh boy, how I wish they could fit 38Waist. Any let out room? No, I should know better, Incotex usually run small. Bummer
frown.gif

Last edited:

darkmatter7

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
As someone new to thrifting and fashion, it would be helpful to have an article of things to look for when thrifting, other than just brands. i.e. side vents and surgeon cuffs on suits, certain fabrics and/or fabric contents, pleating, stitching. I have been reading through tons of this thread, and some of these things come up once in a while, but are not gone into detail. Does anyone know a good article which contains this information, or could someone write something up (I think it wouldn't only be helpful to me).

On a related note. I just noticed that the suit I posted earlier (John Cooper) has fake surgeon cuffs! Does this mean it's not bespoke?

rayxlui

Reaction score

=(  Does no one know anything about the John Cooper Savile Row Suit?  I really thought this was my first "good" find!  I guess not if no one has ever heard of it.... =(

Also, did anyone know anything about that Orpheus coat?

My other finds today (I'm learning... I won't post pictures since these aren't clog up the thread worthy):

Bought:
NWOT White Aquascutum Shirt 15.5/39.
Fairly new Burnished Java Lizard Trafalgar belt, 34.

Passed:
Two Harris Tweeds (already have one, need to work on flipping so I can make up for losses)
GANT Linen Shirt (Itchy fabric)
CdG White shirt (stain)
Pretty new Dries van Noten Black Boots (Scuff)
Bally wingtips (Scuff)
3 PRL SCs

Wanna help me proxy the Dries boots and the Bally wingtips?

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Picked up a burgundy Mont Blanc ballpoint pen for $1.99 and a book on the history of the Purdey gunmakers family for $2.50 the other day. Other than that, nothing real exciting.

I'll triple your money on the pen :D

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

pics of the pen or it didn't happen!

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Last edited:

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Other than this Canali,
http://www.styleforum.net/t/9006/th...ount-store-bragging-thread/23265#post_5126044

I found these yesterday. Also found a Heavy Wool Cardin Overcoat which was of surprisingly good quality, which fits me just right.

Austin Reed Suit - pleated/cuffed pants. Fused, center vent jacket.
%24(KGrHqN,!lEE7sw9VHhHBPF4!F4SpQ~~60_3.JPG
%24(KGrHqR,!iYE7S57GrWyBPF4!8veew~~60_3.JPG

Tweed Suit with flat front/cuffless pants, patch pockets and leather buttons.
%24(KGrHqZ,!nwE8(TV978KBPF5L8lN2g~~60_3.JPG
%24(KGrHqV,!osE8VqW(WNvBPF5MRcL-Q~~60_3.JPG

Alpacuna DB Top Coat.
%24(KGrHqFHJBsE7y7)3mg2BPF5rHJh!w~~60_3.JPG
%24(KGrHqJHJDoE7zGSB8!QBPF5r))O1!~~60_3.JPG

That Alpacuna is sharp! I've been looking for a camel hair coat — not DB, and that's probably not in my size — but the ones I find have been eaten by moths or are nothing to speak of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads