• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
some faves from the last week or so

brutalist mirror by arenson studios
(do you see what I see?)
IMG_0550.jpeg

pudlo pudlat…sadly water damage but it’s a great image worth saving
IMG_0556.jpeg

stickley mirror
IMG_0522.jpeg

1882 needlepoint depiction of abraham binding isaac
IMG_0510.jpeg

early ish RL woven bamboo ottoman
IMG_0496.jpeg

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score
Filson Cover Cloth jacket? Or is that Tin Cloth.. The weave looks almost too fine to be Tin.

Nice crisp Danners!

*Edit: Ouch I didn't see that they stick the price tag right on the toe. Hopefully no glue residue seeped into that leather.

Trusty old Tin Cloth Field Jacket. Luckily the sticker is so close to the color of the boot so I’m just going to leave it on there I don’t think a potential buyer will ever notice it.

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
some faves from the last week or so

brutalist mirror by arenson studios
(do you see what I see?)
View attachment 2159655

pudlo pudlat…sadly water damage but it’s a great image worth saving
View attachment 2159657

stickley mirror
View attachment 2159659

1882 needlepoint depiction of abraham binding isaac
View attachment 2159661

early ish RL woven bamboo ottoman
View attachment 2159663
Would love to hear how you source. Obviously don’t give away anything proprietary but I’m assuming you don’t walk into Salvation Army and pick this stuff.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Would love to hear how you source. Obviously don’t give away anything proprietary but I’m assuming you don’t walk into Salvation Army and pick this stuff.

I do source anywhere from a curb to a consignment shop to a sample sale but this round was all true thrift — all gw, save the pudlo print which was habitat for humanity. all-in well under $100 invested in everything posted.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think his specific "advantage" to where he sources these highend art, furniture and decor pieces is Location. Every region has it's own "signature item" that occurs there more frequently than other parts of the country/world. It seems like in his region there's a wealthy art/design market.

Texas..Dallas area for example you can probably find a lot of western boots, especially good brands like Tecovas, Lucchese, etc.

Boston / Greenwich / Long Island area you'll probably find a lot of great highend classic menswear. Trad, shell, suits, etc.

And then across the pond @Purplelabel finds probably the most Barbour jackets of anyone. It all tends to make sense.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think his specific "advantage" to where he sources these highend art, furniture and decor pieces is Location. Every region has it's own "signature item" that occurs there more frequently than other parts of the country/world. It seems like in his region there's a wealthy art/design market.

Texas..Dallas area for example you can probably find a lot of western boots, especially good brands like Tecovas, Lucchese, etc.

Boston / Greenwich / Long Island area you'll probably find a lot of great highend classic menswear. Trad, shell, suits, etc.

And then across the pond @Purplelabel finds probably the most Barbour jackets of anyone. It all tends to make sense.

oh yeah location is very important.

popman1967

Reaction score
Cleaned up some boots this weekend:

View attachment 2159487
View attachment 2159493
Not the Big A, but still great style and surprisingly nice materials/construction - J.crew Kenton Pacer.

They had these crazy colored laces and were extremely dried out. Had to order some new 54" laces and it was between this color and a dark brown. The dark brown would've matched the toe stitching but they were almost too dark and plain so I went with the lighter brown. What's your opinion - Keep the Light Brown laces or go Dark Brown?

And then these came in the mail the other day for personal and I had to clean em up:

View attachment 2159495
View attachment 2159499
View attachment 2159513
View attachment 2159497
View attachment 2159501 View attachment 2159507
View attachment 2159503 View attachment 2159509
View attachment 2159505 View attachment 2159511
Fit is great, condition and materials are good and they are the slightly better Fryes with thick leather sole/heel and actual 360 degree goodyear welted before they switched to cheaper construction. I might swap the soles to Dainite or Vibram in the near future and make these more wet-weather-friendly.
The light brown looks nice but maybe consider a round profile thinner lace as that's what I've been going with lately and its a nice look for boots...that style lace in a darker brown would look nice on those boots..cheers

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hm I prefer a flat waxed lace on boots of this style, but I respect your opinion! Thanks for the input regarding color - I may get the dark browns and try them out.

They're for resale (size 10) so I'm looking for the lace color that looks least offensive. In the amazon listing photos these lighter brown ones didn't appear this light so maybe I'll save for another boot project.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was pretty happy about this stop until the went to the next one to see a recent Burberry bomber jacket with mental embroidery on the back on a new rack and was about to grab it before some ratty reseller pushes me out the way and takes it. That's pissed me off, have some decorum.

But at least I found a flag sweater finally.

98C20402-634C-4FB4-BDB1-22D5DF329E2E.jpeg

IMG_1222.jpeg
IMG_1220.jpeg
IMG_1231.jpeg
IMG_1224.jpeg
IMG_1245.jpeg
IMG_1243.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads