• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mistermidwester

Reaction score
Those Church’s are binder, not patent
I'm not even familiar with that term / type of leather, and searching for it leads me to nothing but "leather binder," which is not helping me much.
@mistermidwester

That LL Bean suede coat is patterned after their Field Coat/Barn Coat style
That makes sense. I thought it had a hunting jacket look, and even has some leather pieces on the back that look like openings for a game pouch, but they're just decorative.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not even familiar with that term / type of leather, and searching for it leads me to nothing but "leather binder," which is not helping me much.

That makes sense. I thought it had a hunting jacket look, and even has some leather pieces on the back that look like openings for a game pouch, but they're just decorative.
It’s Church’ term for their corrected grain leather - see thread here, but it’s also what they are still using an advertising for their $1300 shoes…

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I thick or is this gren?

If not, what weave is it?

Screenshot 2024-03-31 at 17.12.33.png

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shame I didn't see a patagucci vest next to this for a finance bro starter pack.

Can't ever beat the classics for personal.

IMG_1137.jpeg

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cleaned up some boots this weekend:

1-10.JPG

1-12.JPG

Not the Big A, but still great style and surprisingly nice materials/construction - J.crew Kenton Pacer.

They had these crazy colored laces and were extremely dried out. Had to order some new 54" laces and it was between this color and a dark brown. The dark brown would've matched the toe stitching but they were almost too dark and plain so I went with the lighter brown. What's your opinion - Keep the Light Brown laces or go Dark Brown?

And then these came in the mail the other day for personal and I had to clean em up:

1-3.JPG

1-8.JPG

1-36.JPG

1-5.JPG

1-13.JPG
1-31.JPG

1-14.JPG
1-32.JPG

1-30.JPG
1-33.JPG

Fit is great, condition and materials are good and they are the slightly better Fryes with thick leather sole/heel and actual 360 degree goodyear welted before they switched to cheaper construction. I might swap the soles to Dainite or Vibram in the near future and make these more wet-weather-friendly.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Filson Cover Cloth jacket? Or is that Tin Cloth.. The weave looks almost too fine to be Tin.

Nice crisp Danners!

*Edit: Ouch I didn't see that they stick the price tag right on the toe. Hopefully no glue residue seeped into that leather.

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
Hmmm... interesting case here.
Found this trippy Brioni:
And then I remembered seeing something similar on eBay not long ago... so I
Further searching shows a few Brioni branded ties that have the "Papillon" gold chain... any idea what that is?
Papillon is/was a store in NJ somewhere (Hackensack?) that like Courtoue, Bernini, The Clotherie, Louis Boston and others got Italian designers to private-label/white label their products with the haberdasher's name/logo. A pretty common finding. So yeah, it's a private-label Brioni for the Papillon store.
Any Banjo experts here.
Got this thing for dirt cheap (yes someone painted on it)
Only identifiers are on the tail piece and inside bracket that say pat.pending so I'm thinking it US made.
I am the farthest thing from a banjo expert, but have dealt with Andy Hohwald at banjowarehouse.com on some thrifted and auction banjos. Extremely knowledgeable, responsive and very fair purchase prices for the flip. Paid me via PP before I shipped, IIRC.

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys are gonna be annoyed with me!

I just left behind about 45 charvet (and two 7 fold kiton) ties.

None of them got me too excited and they were $6 each. For $2, I would have probably bought them all... maybe get around to flipping at some point.

They're in west los angeles. DM me for the address if you're interested.

20240401_164439.jpg

Attachments

• 20240401_164410.jpg
    20240401_164410.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 26

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys are gonna be annoyed with me!

I just left behind about 45 charvet (and two 7 fold kiton) ties.

None of them got me too excited and they were $6 each. For $2, I would have probably bought them all... maybe get around to flipping at some point.

They're in west los angeles. DM me for the address if you're interested.

View attachment 2159601
**** is wrong with you. No offering to others here first?

:slapfight:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads