• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eddiegreen

Reaction score
This is Zegna made, right?
Dunhill minty dbl brstd linen suit
1DAD29E0-41C9-4E14-93F8-488A7C62863E.jpeg

02783640-DEE3-45E4-ABC1-41606342671B.jpeg

5BD58700-CE04-4FF8-A50D-9E58FF949B26.jpeg

Pyrrhomaniac

Reaction score
I've been out a few times and basically am experiencing the same thing that some have mentioned - Lots of stuff being donated, lots of new competition and very few actual high end items. I fear that Goodwill is using their "inventory quarantine period" to comb it all over and sift things out.

Did find 1 unexpected thing today though:

View attachment 1417247

Didn't end up buying the tie (they wanted $8) but it was kinda fun to see that LS tag in the wild.
I woulda bought it off you for a 20 spot + S/H, easy and quick money, homie.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does this town and zip seem close? and indeed it was! Sold in October of last year.

Yep that's the general area where It was found.

I’ve got a backlog of mostly boring **** but these shoes were a first for me.

Nice Principes!

I woulda bought it off you for a 20 spot + S/H, easy and quick money, homie.

I dunno it had 1 tiny pull around where the knot would be tied..Still interested?

Obviously its a handsome tie, people have made money off it... But I'm dialing back on my tie purchases. I've got about 1,400 ties still scattered around my house and workshop. Also it's sort of the principle.. every other tie there is literally $1.99 - 3.99 at most. There's also the color and pattern.. they're somewhat specific. Bright Orange is good for Hermes ties but I dunno about the rest of ties. I looked up comps and saw $20-29 being the avg selling price of similar ties so It just didn't seem worth it for $8.66 + my time.

JohnAAG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Obviously its a handsome tie, people have made money off it... But I'm dialing back on my tie purchases. I've got about 1,400 ties still scattered around my house and workshop. Also it's sort of the principle.. every other tie there is literally $1.99 - 3.99 at most. There's also the color and pattern.. they're somewhat specific. Bright Orange is good for Hermes ties but I dunno about the rest of ties. I looked up comps and saw $20-29 being the avg selling price of similar ties so It just didn't seem worth it for $8.66 + my time.

Yeah, but that one is NWT and sourced from Guatemala!!! :D

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

woodchuck312

Reaction score
First time in a thrift store in 119 days. Back to my cave now, I’m not cut out for masked shopping.

I've been out twice in the Baltimore area. Last time I was out was in March. I was really getting the itch and couldn't handle it any longer. Going through racks of suits with a mask on is not fun at all!!! Those are some nice scores you got. My stores were all picked clean.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been out twice in the Baltimore area. Last time I was out was in March. I was really getting the itch and couldn't handle it any longer. Going through racks of suits with a mask on is not fun at all!!! Those are some nice scores you got. My stores were all picked clean.
Technically those are my stores.

woodchuck312

Reaction score
I posted a map of my territory in thread #1. The window to dispute has long since closed. Of course I’m also a charter member of Thrifters Without Borders.

I give you all of Baltimore City. Leave Baltimore County to me..it is only far as I am a resident!! lol Actually i'll even throw in Carroll County for good measure

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads