• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s been the same trash the past month so I’m taking a two week sabbatical.

@bert9000 will take over and find all the Kiton cuz he got the Midas touch

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been out a few times and basically am experiencing the same thing that some have mentioned - Lots of stuff being donated, lots of new competition and very few actual high end items. I fear that Goodwill is using their "inventory quarantine period" to comb it all over and sift things out.

Did find 1 unexpected thing today though:

20200702_173046.jpg

Didn't end up buying the tie (they wanted $8) but it was kinda fun to see that LS tag in the wild.

JohnAAG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been out a few times and basically am experiencing the same thing that some have mentioned - Lots of stuff being donated, lots of new competition and very few actual high end items. I fear that Goodwill is using their "inventory quarantine period" to comb it all over and sift things out.

View attachment 1417247

Didn't end up buying the tie (they wanted $8) but it was kinda fun to see that LS tag in the wild.
I think that might be a tie I consigned with Spoo!

I went out for a quick run yesterday only to find that the both the Salvation Army and Goodwill stores closest to me are both permanently closed now ...

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I went out for a quick run yesterday only to find that the both the Salvation Army and Goodwill stores closest to me are both permanently closed now ...
OMG SAY THATS NOT TRUE

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

View attachment 1417247

Does this town and zip seem close? and indeed it was! Sold in October of last year.
Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 5.54.26 AM.png

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sad to say it is ...:confused2: "Space for Rent" sign on one and the sign is down and the other is emptied out and the windows are all covered up.
I could cry...the two we went to? Sally on the corner and the GW next to the liquor store?

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah, those ones. Still need to check out some others next week so fingers crossed
GW is no loss at all but that Sally was magic. *sigh* at least you got that furniture there.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s bonkers but there are a couple thrifts that have closed here in the last few years that I seriously dream about.

There was a Savers in Mpls that was a few blocks from my house that I used to stop almost every day. Only place I’ve ever found Tom Ford and Kiton. I still dream that I drive by and it’s randomly open again and I get super stoked. Then I wake up and realize that’s kind of a sad dream.

Jmr928

Reaction score
It’s bonkers but there are a couple thrifts that have closed here in the last few years that I seriously dream about.

There was a Savers in Mpls that was a few blocks from my house that I used to stop almost every day. Only place I’ve ever found Tom Ford and Kiton. I still dream that I drive by and it’s randomly open again and I get super stoked. Then I wake up and realize that’s kind of a sad dream.
Here’s hoping with MP3 and Hubert White starting to carry better stuff it starts finding its way to the thrifts.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.