• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all, haven't posted in this thread in years....
Came across a brown cashmere blazer from Harrods, on it are gold buttons that commemorated the royal wedding of Princess Diana and Prince Charles.
The blazer was made by D'avenza.
Has anyone seen anything like this?
Neeeeed to see this
. Back of the buttons also

sthenosall

Reaction score
Does everyone have a "pattern" when they go into a store? I usually do shoes first then ill hit the suit rack. I think generally that gives you a good idea if there'll be anything else worthwhile in the store.

I have been messing with a related concept in my free time on occasion. I am a statistician and as such find patterns and trends very interesting. I have recorded a decent amount of my finds relative to location, time, date, category (outerwear, shoes etc.), and, price in the two major metropolitan areas I have lived and thrifted and I have seen some trends of interest (for instance Monday's tend to yield a higher percentage of purchases than any other day and contrary to what I would have though locations farther from the city center yield more frequent purchases even when controlling for frequency of visits) but my data set is so severely biased and lacking that it is really not good for much no matter what I control for or how many different models I fit. The reality is I thrift mostly for myself, not on a regular basis, and often don't record what I see and leave. If anyone has information that they have been recording or would be interested in recording, I think it would be very interesting to see what I could find in the data and see if perhaps there are some trends that would be useful, especially for those on here who do this full time. I know its a long shot but there must be some nerds here who records everything or would at least be interested in doing so in the future. I would be happy to provide you with a spreadsheet of what i think would useful data to analyze if interested. All data could of course be censored so as to ensure none of your competition gets an unfair advantage!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
In its glory, all of 8 dollars including tax.
4C391A08-B2A9-44AF-A1C2-D99E22F79E9B.jpeg
9A9797BE-5261-400A-B820-451D34C75279.jpeg

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gotta love those easy listings, too. Pretty much just color variations and nothing to measure.

Somewhere on the internet (who am I kidding, on THIS website) someone has poured their heart and soul into a sock measurement/ sock related FAQ guide.

Jesus H. Whiz, man...I just got the weirdest, most dizzy-ing feeling of deja vu. Did someone not post these exact two comments semi-recently?

All this after seeing the same shirts on the racks again.

AC4B27C9-149C-49A9-B2A5-A7829B8A3F58.jpeg

Time is a flat circle and hey, look at this.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My store pattern just depends on who’s in the store. If it’s a dude in a suit, I’m hitting ties. If it’s the guy who stops rackside to put on every jacket until one fits, I’m jumping in front of him before he unlocks a Kiton. And if it’s the Sonic employees from across the street (the ones who come in chanting, Po-lo, Po-lo, give me dat Po-lo!), oh ****, I’m running for the t-shirts.

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meanwhile, out in the barren desert where finds are few and far between... here are some interesting scraps.
1D729A2C-1A6B-46B8-BEDD-FF309CA146D3.jpeg

Vintage Polo Sportsman and Tommy suede shoes. Also one of the slubbiest jackets I’ve seen, with a union tag from the 1949 series. Mostly unstructured (1/4 lined?) and overall dope jacket.

998F89CB-DFD3-47FC-864B-6EC2898F8B8A.jpeg
0F0C1EAC-A78E-4714-B127-1884591016F7.jpeg
813BCD1C-EDF6-432B-8CD4-FC1E5184AC7E.jpeg

243ED458-3141-4C02-AEF3-9697CC68DF55.jpeg

ORLThrifter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does everyone have a "pattern" when they go into a store? I usually do shoes first then ill hit the suit rack. I think generally that gives you a good idea if there'll be anything else worthwhile in the store.

I don't have a detailed pattern, but I do always check the store out for perfume first. It tends to move fast, so I keep a keen eye out. I've found several vintage gems going for next-to-nothing that way. After that it really depends on store layout, but I do menswear, then glance at women's wear, notably scarves, then kitchenware, then books if they look promising.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads