• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GM-H

Reaction score
Real just older ,but I don't know about 200 bucks.
If it was in mint condition and ur size I would pick it up for personal

It’s my size and I got a 20% off so I grabbed it

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've started keeping an eye out for nice wool caps... It's a middle age thing when you realize your hair is on its way out ?

My 219th pair of thrifted shells (Hanover)
View attachment 1285795

NEW King Size PTBs
View attachment 1285796

Deadstock 1930s Crosby Square Spade Sole Oxford
View attachment 1285797

Cable & Co
View attachment 1285799

VTG Fox Umbrella, not sure how useful a wool umbrella is.
View attachment 1285800 View attachment 1285801

Leather Overnight Bag
View attachment 1285802
Orvis Tweed Cap
View attachment 1285803

Mucros Tweed Cap
View attachment 1285804

Mucros Tweed Cap
View attachment 1285805

sandfourman

Reaction score
Here is a thrifted southwick jacket fit nice and been looking for something like it. 20191123_191441.jpg

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mcintosh brings out the savage in all of us.

Reminds me, I gotta figure what's going on with one of my MC60s. Owned these beasts for 20 years. They were gone through 12 years ago worked flawlessly... Then have become little bastards lately. One hums badly. It's not the filter caps.. Those were replaced last year. Swap tubes and see if the issue shifts to the other amp.

There's not too much to go wrong. There's not much in them except for the huge transformers. And they rarely die. You're fucked if they do though. Big money.

Finally.
View attachment 1285713
I paid up for the pair, but they're for me so I justified the purchase. It was actually on auction, and there were two of us for the receiver, and way too many for the amp. After the auction, someone who dropped out blurted out that I paid too much, said it was onlly like a couple hundred more on the bay for a tested one.
So I had thought I done my research and said one sold for about 600 more and i said so. Then a few minutes later he shoves his phone in my face and says see you paid too much. Something about his tone really set me off and I did the baboon thing and stood up, pushed him back and called him out, and told him to settle this outside. Paraphrasing, but I do remember calling him a little ***** ala Jessee Pinkman. I dont know what took hold of me, maybe it was him wearing golf branded clothes including a tucked in polo shirt that was two sizes too small for his chubby ass. Anyways, so he wouldn't go outside, and a fairly big guy got in between us and told me to sit down. I subsequently bid him up on everything I saw him bid on, which wasn't as much as I would have wanted. At the end of the auction, I was still on tilt, and I started up again, told him I'd meet him outside, and go out to wait. A couple people leaving told me congrats on winning the auction, and the guy was being a jerk, the guy doesn't come out, but the guy running the auction comes out said he's asking him to call the cops. Turns out I was right about him being a little *****. Last thing my thrift shopping addicted self wants to happen is to be banned from one of the best spots in town so I left. Now I'm calming myself down posting this before I go back to pick up my new receiver and amp. So, how has your Saturday been going?

Button hole

Reaction score
I wouldn't consider that the "wrong" Isaia necessarily. Certainly not as coveted/valuable as recent/current label stuff. but that's from their Enrico Isaia line, which was the highest-quality line they had to offer, different from the various forms of Gian Luca that we've all seen. Really nice stuff.

Thanks! I had no idea, it is just very 90s. HUGE shoulders (I mean perfectly executed, but large) other wise pretty modern with double vent. The Napoli stuff just moves faster.

In today’s news popped my cucci. Nearly fainted. Cashmere and fits me perfectly, I now have a huge dilemma.

AC2A0BE8-3B95-4AFA-BB1B-407BFC20F81A.jpeg

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, and it looks like some menswear lines are trying to bring back the baggy 90s suit. Um, no thanks. Been there, done that.

If that ever comes back in style, I'll just stick with my tailored **** regardless of trends.

Mcintosh brings out the savage in all of us.

Reminds me, I gotta figure what's going on with one of my MC60s. Owned these beasts for 20 years. They were gone through 12 years ago worked flawlessly... Then have become little bastards lately. One hums badly. It's not the filter caps.. Those were replaced last year. Swap tubes and see if the issue shifts to the other amp.

There's not too much to go wrong. There's not much in them except for the huge transformers. And they rarely die. You're fucked if they do though. Big money.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I had no idea, it is just very 90s. HUGE shoulders (I mean perfectly executed, but large) other wise pretty modern with double vent. The Napoli stuff just moves faster.

In today’s news popped my cucci. Nearly fainted. Cashmere and fits me perfectly, I now have a huge dilemma.

View attachment 1286596

Keep it

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
His (xl) and her's (m)
20191124_161457.jpg

giphy.gif

Ties are Etro. The others?
20191124_161928.jpg

Etro (56)
20191124_161937.jpg

And another of these (48 IT)
20191124_161958.jpg

Went back to the spot I found last week's BC stuff at and asked every single garment in the store to prove it wasn't Cucinelli. One piece on the women's rack failed the test.

Now that lightning has struck twice it's going to be a long time before I can make it through that store again without acting like a paranoid idiot convinced the grails are hiding somewhere in the long sleeve blouses. :rotflmao:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads