• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takai

Reaction score
After mentioning last night how I had not thrifted any Imogene + Willie, I pulled these

Also grabbed these

Vintage Five Brother Flannel for @barrelntrigger and a Gucci tie for myself

Vintage Piombo unstructured Cord car coat with full working, and a mackenzie. Needs a little work, but sleeves and length are great.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

they don't show it but i'm 99% certain those are late 60s big E in fabulous condition. my dowsing rod told me so

turns out somebody else thought the same thing

Lol at first glance i thought those were bell bottoms.
Hey guys. Anyone have a suggestion for how to get a dusty, old smell out of a vintage leather jacket? Recently bought a vintage leather that I really like, but it has a sort of vintage-shop smell. I know about the diluted vodka and vinegar tricks. Will give that a shot this weekend, but does anyone have any other suggestions?

(cc'ing @SpooPoker since he may know)

What eazye said but I've had success with hanging it out in the breeze.
Btw, really enjoy your website.

Cj52racers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^the thread today.

Some good fodder today. And this ******* thing...

Selvedge Big Mac with some lol embroidery.

And half a dozen hickey staple suits in 39. No pics and NA anyway

Takai

Reaction score
Almost forgot

Pulled these from my personal archive for @double00

Deadstock Sugarcane 1947 samples c.early 2000's

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^the thread today.
Some good fodder today. And this ******* thing...

Selvedge Big Mac with some lol embroidery.

And half a dozen hickey staple suits in 39. No pics and NA anyway
Holy ****! That Is sexi!

Last edited:

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've heard of people spraying things down with really diluted vinegar, or sometimes diluted vodka. Vinegar is a common cleaning agent. Presumably the vinegary smell also goes away. I assume the vodka stuff is just to use a non-harmful alcohol to kill off any germs or bacteria. Just a guess though.
My vote is sunlight too. Did a bunch of stuff to a Coogi Cosby sweater that didn't work, finally laid out in the Texas sun for a day - boom.

Last edited:

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@TheNeedMachine
How the hell has that autum leaf PRL coat not sold yet??
Did I just make a huge mistake by downloading the new eBay app? I think I might have

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I heard badthings about the new app. i'm definitely going to avoid it as long as possible

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@TheNeedMachine
How the hell has that autum leaf PRL coat not sold yet??
Did I just make a huge mistake by downloading the new eBay app? I think I might have

Who knows...I think it's pretty baller but maybe it's just me. Handful of watchers, but 44 L waits for the right person.

I haven't gotten pushed the new eBay app yet; sounds like it sucks - not looking forward to the forced upgrade when it comes.

glam922

Reaction score
Hello all :)

I picked my first shoes today:

Allen Edmonds Strands Black 8.5E
It's in good condition outside & my size. Just need some care and new laces. However, the insole feels very "worn". Like I can feel the inprint of the previous owner's feet.

Allen Edmonds Fifth Avenue Brown 8.5E
My size and in decent condition. i'm a little bit uncertain about the big crease on top. It's less visible when I put shoe trees in or if I wear them standing but it shows quickly when I walk.
The insole are not worn out like the other one... so I don't know. Would a recrafting from AE be a good value for personal use?

Marc Jacobs red pumps. Size 36. Was maybe for my gf but she's not sure she likes them. we'll see when she tries them on. Good condition expect for a little scratch on the tip of the left shoe.

Question: for 10$ each pair, was it worth it? For personnal use I'm sure it is, but for flipping?

Then 5 ties:

Vitaliano Pancaldi - VV yellow fishes - VV NWT blue fishes - Jos. A. Bank made in Italy (feels really nice to the touch) - Jcrew regimental

Close-up of the Italiano Pancaldi. never heard of it but it felt really nice + a google search told me to pick it up ^^

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
THanks, @dieworkwear !

So I think I made it to one of my shops just after they put out their first jackets for the year, which still wasn't any big shakes, but I did find a shearling bomber and this bad boy, which I swear weighs 20lbs, all talon and scovill zips, pockets everywhere, padded/quilted shoulders and elbows, and the only thing missing is the belt. Pockets were full of bandanas and ear plugs. It's in fantastic condition and I assume vintage based on the tag, but I know nothing about the company.

EDIT: Based on eBay it looks like a DOOZIE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads