• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you guys started noticing a pop up on the bottom of your phone when coming to SF? Just me? Don't think it was there previously. Right now one for snapdragon. Pretty annoying.

Yep... :plain:

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
Sort-of-pop?

Was leaving an absolute bust of a stop when I spotted these from afar. Score! Pity the garments they carried weren't around, but I was nevertheless stoked to get all six for $2.39. (Paying $2.39 for anything in a Seattle thrift store is a big deal...) View attachment 924318 View attachment 924319
These are gorgeous hangers. Great score! Love 'em! And insane price!

Back when my home was a big-ass 8000sf (you can get a lot of property for short money in Vermont), every closet except half the master was filled with my personal-use thrifted/consigment/estate $hit. I picked up those kinds of hangers for more than a dozen years, and I still do. I've got LP, Isaia, Cuci, Brioni, RLPL and others from stores like Louis Boston and other haberdashers who had branded hangers done. Every suit or sport coat was on a matching (or otherwise appropriate) hanger. The kind of thing that would have most "regular folks" scratching their heads, but you guys will completely understand . . . it is a "thing of beauty" to have your wardrobe set up that way. Problem is, those hangers are so damn thick that you can barely get 20 suits onto a 6' closet rack, instead of 2-3 times that on "normal" hangers. So, when I downsized, I had to pull all the damn suits and SCs off the fancy hangers and put them on cheap-a$$ hangers (albeit the thinner wooden ones), just to get everything into the much-diminished space). So now, I have boxes upon boxes of big-ass hangers like that in my storage unit, just waiting for when I upsize again . . . a "good" problem to have, I suppose.

On a similar note, I also e-thrifted a huge quantity of branded pants hangers over the years: those ones with the stretchy retainers from retail stores, and ended up having to push them all out on the 'Bay, because "her ladyship" couldn't STAND them. "Too hard to get the pants into". TWSS for sure.

stiffrhythms

Reaction score
Hey my thrift bros.,

Haven’t posted (or even read the thread) in a while as I’ve had nothing to brag about to you.

But two nice finds tonight after work...

Cashmere / silk. Nice buttons.

View attachment 924536

View attachment 924538

View attachment 924537

And this is something I didn’t expect to see. Pretty bad-ass.

View attachment 924539

View attachment 924541

AHS

Guessing I know where that Sexton is from? In NYC? If I'm right, there are a few other Sexton things lurking in that store, all made for Arnold Scaasi like my previous Sexton finds, and in the same style - single breasted peak lapel, single vent, covered buttons. I was at that GW last night and was in a rush, so couldn't grab much (just a pair of size 7 churches) but saw those, a few other savile row things for a shorter large guy, and orphaned (maybe, didn't have a chance to look) suitsupply jackets. It killed me to leave so much behind but I had no choice as I was already late to my destination.

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
Been a while (still trying to catch up backlog), but had to head an hour away from town, so this is a 2-stopper, thrift (mostly) and underpriced consignment. First, tie day:

thrift drop - 1.jpg
thrift drop - 2.jpg

The RT is a stunner. Yes, that's a Loro cashmere beanie on the right, but it's from my own wardrobe from my New England days. I have eight of 'em in different colors, but this is the only one that's NWT. Heading for the 'Bay.
thrift drop - 3.jpg

Lucchese hand made, Diesel gray suede, Pendleton nubuck/leather duffel, TBNY chukkas, and a couple fodder AEs.
thrift drop - 4.jpg

thrift drop - 5.jpg
My favorite find of the day. This thing is AWESOME. Gonna ditch my Tumi and start taking this one to meetings. Nineteen dollah.
thrift drop - 6.jpg

Loro synergy. Cashmere/silk. True thrift.
thrift drop - 8.jpg

thrift drop - 9.jpg
Recent/current BB trifecta, one NWT.
thrift drop - 11.jpg

Shearling trifecta: first, a spectacular one from Rafel.
thrift drop - 12.jpg

thrift drop - 13.jpg
This gnarly one from Marco.
thrift drop - 14.jpg

It has these weird opened-up shoulders.
thrift drop - 15.jpg
thrift drop - 16.jpg
And finally, Sawyer synergy. I've had a lot of Sawyer come through, but this one is stone mint. Looks like it was never worn. Not a mark on it. Forty bucks at consignment.
thrift drop - 17.jpg

thrift drop - 18.jpg

Thatsh all, folksh. I'll post some of the rest of it later.

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Technically my size...but not crazy about 3-roll-2 and even less thrilled with consignment (not thrift) price. May watch it if sticks around for sale.

Brunello Cucinelli linen jacket.

View attachment 924940
If that 40 is the price and not the size, I'm mighty tempted to go for a ride to KW after work...

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GW is really grabby. makes it super gratifying to kop but it's gotta be a real cherry.

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guessing I know where that Sexton is from? In NYC? If I'm right, there are a few other Sexton things lurking in that store, all made for Arnold Scaasi like my previous Sexton finds, and in the same style - single breasted peak lapel, single vent, covered buttons. I was at that GW last night and was in a rush, so couldn't grab much (just a pair of size 7 churches) but saw those, a few other savile row things for a shorter large guy, and orphaned (maybe, didn't have a chance to look) suitsupply jackets. It killed me to leave so much behind but I had no choice as I was already late to my destination.

Exactly. I was there around 6:45 pm last night. I also saw the two Sexton tuxes but left them behind as both were pretty worn and $35 a piece.

AHS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads