• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More loot from yesterday.

Red Wing work shoes for someone with flippers... 14 D

Rooster Wool Paisley

Kelty MG Convertible Pack

Scotch & Soda Nautical Shorts (cotton/linen -30W)

T&A (sure wish I'd noticed the stain...)

REI Midweight fleece (Medium)

Patagonia for New Belgium Brewing Co -Medium

"vintage" Burberry (~42 Long)

Hickey Freeman bespoke (~49/50 Reg)

AlexJ1100

Reaction score
Shout out to @Orgetorix for the heads up on those Zegnas! Picked up two of the windowpane sport coats during lunch, looks to be enough material to let the sleeves. Weirdly enough they had them marked as suits and randomly paired with a pair of Samuelsohn wool pants to one and Zanella pants to the other. Pics to come.

Looks like someone else saw them and picked a couple but there is still two suits and the light blue sport coat (killer paisley lining) still there. Very reasonable prices.

TMAdidas

Reaction score
Just thrifted a Nikon Callaway LR550 Waterproof rangefinder with case, 100% functionable. Great freaking find for me, as I am very into golf. However, I am selling it due to currently having a new model.

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shout out to @Orgetorix
 for the heads up on those Zegnas! Picked up two of the windowpane sport coats during lunch, looks to be enough material to let the sleeves. Weirdly enough they had them marked as suits and randomly paired with a pair of Samuelsohn wool pants to one and Zanella pants to the other. Pics to come.

Looks like someone else saw them and picked a couple but there is still two suits and the light blue sport coat (killer paisley lining) still there. Very reasonable prices.

Glad you go them, man. I was there probably just a bit before you picking up two of the suits for Nataku.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

AlexJ1100

Reaction score
Glad you go them, man. I was there probably just a bit before you picking up two of the suits for Nataku.

Thanks, in love with the color schemes. My office is moving locations into a much nice part of downtown/building so I need to step by my work attire. I've been able to skate by for a while.

Did you grab that shearling as well? Was gone by the time I got there.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Camera Dudes: I was at an estate sale and they had a Nikon D3100 with bag and an extra lens. I didn't right down the lens size, the sale was swamped and I had my hands full. They wanted $300. Should I have kopped it. I checked ebay and one just like it (I think) sold for $600 and a bunch of them with more lenses and accessories sold for MUCH more.

ALSO, I have a Nikon D40 and Canon Rebel EOS and I am trying to decide which one to keep and which one to sell. OR, maybe sell them both and buy the D3100?

I fully intended on using one of these cameras for ebay stuff and also just to have a nice camera. BUT, I have found that my damn I-Phone takes very good pictures and it is so handy to use and upload the pics (I don't mean very good like @capnwes type pictures. But, pretty good.

Also, yesterday I was at the Police evidence room taking pictures of some stuff for some of my cases. I don't know if it was the lighting or perhaps I had the Canon on the wrong settings, but for really close up detailed pictures my I Phone 5S actually took better pictures.

If this is the wrong forum for all this, I'm sorry. I could post it somewhere else. Its just this group seems to have the knowledge for this.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hah! I was watching The Omen the other night for the first time in years - - and had heard the music in the interim and was like FINALLY I know what that's from!
Just listened to the JG Thirlwell / David Harrington (Kronos Quartet) talk on thetalkhouse.com and they were discussion epiphany / revelation moments in music, and yeah this was one of them.

Here is the Aria I was talking about:

Here are the four BIG Soprano Aria from Carmina Burana. I'm sure I sound dorky, but these give me chills. The whole production of Carmina Burana is an amazing experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads