• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Whoa dude let's see more of this thing.

tenor.gif

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Word to the wise: Never go picking without wearing jeans. A ton of cool free stuff came at the cost of a possible black widow bite on my leg this afternoon. Time will tell whether it was a widow or not, but there were a lot of widow eggs in that garage I was digging through.....

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Coldsnap
That's what she said?

@Nataku
I've been there, years ago. Either a BW, hobo, or recluse decided to bite me while I slept. Conveniently the bite was about 2" away from my junk. Can't imagine if it were two inches up and over, haha.

At first I thought it was just an irritation from my pants rubbing weirdly. Within a day or so it was much worse and the doctors gave me some crazy shot in my hip to fight the venom. Not a fun recovery as it took almost a year for the dime-sized 1/4" puss (and then eventually blood) filled crater to eventually recede. Still have a nice little divot in my inner leg from it, 10+ years later. Have pics somewhere that I will NOT be sharing, haha.

Last edited:

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had to get it. The fit is on point. 20171013_174745.jpg

Some decent stuff today... All too big. Isiah jacket... probably an orphan. So big, I didn't bother trying to find the pants.

I was on my way out when I spotted a new addition to the "fresh rack". One of those fitted non poofy down jackets...

I was like "please be Montcler!" it was Victronix. Fit was awesome. But they wanted $14.99 instead of the usual $8.99.

I worked them down to $12. Lol!

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tie heavy week this week. Pics tomorrow or Sunday. What are you guys doing to get rid of wrinkles? Also, stains (I vaguely recall baby wipes)?

JohnAAG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tie heavy week this week. Pics tomorrow or Sunday. What are you guys doing to get rid of wrinkles? Also, stains (I vaguely recall baby wipes)?

Based on advice from here, I used non-scented baby wipes (with no creams or anything added) and they worked very well to get rid of small superficial stains. To get rid of wrinkles, I hang the tie for a week and then cover the tie with a slightly damp towel and iron it on a medium heat. The trick is not to press too hard with the iron or impressions of the fold and keeper loop will show up on the front of the tie fabric (did that once :crazy:). It's almost like you're lightly steaming the tie. Then I lay it flat to dry. Hope that helps!

Edit: sorry, forgot to add that you can't rub too hard with the baby wipe. It can blur or lighten the silk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads