• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Spoo try searching shell office chair knoll.
That fabric may have been added later but i could be wrong

I did, but most of those models are a different shape or have arms, I didnt see any like this, unless it was a Pollack, which could have been recovered. Hmm.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn eazy... oh well. My finds from today then, spoilered since they suck compared to E.

Some ties:

NWT and "tea bag", made in England. I don't know **** about sneaks but I did remember something about "kop NB made in England" so I did:

I love **** like this, and new in shrink from Goodwill is a no-brainer price:

Kid's / girl's:

100% ca$h:

$ilk / ca$h:

Ladies:

Kid's:

For me, new pents for spring/summer:

Fin.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@SpooPoker Looks like more of just a generic office chair and not a collectible/designer/mid century piece unfortunately.

dukedishin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
geez what's with the mega hauls???

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Needmachine, that's from one day? You win, mine was picked up over a bunch of weeks. Also, please, no need to spoiler. You've got some great stuff in there.
1f44c-1f3fb.png

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

@Fueco or anyone else who might know, what exactly do I have here? Can't figure out the R logo on the sleeve, is that just corporate?
Probably a regulator fleece lined shell. Can you dig out the style number from the tag? Sty#####

dukedishin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably a regulator fleece lined shell. Can you dig out the style number from the tag? Sty#####
Didn't see the second tag...it's STY 83680, Division Jacket Regulator Series maybe? Oh, and not fleece-lined.

Last edited:

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ran some errands today, also copped this:

ancient steerhide/horsehide cafe racer. small but weighs a ton and jerky as ****.
no label, i expect the lining is non-original

the shoulders and yoke are reinforced, front and back. elbows as well.

crown zip i'm guessing from 40s. works great.

tailored sleeves, actually the reinforced portions seem to be added on after the fact.

gripper zippers at the sleeves. work great.

best part... between the shoulder blades you can see stitching from old patches... there are actually 2 overlapping sets. one says:

Y
the other says:

Y

i think the yoke reinforcement is from some other donor jacket, cause one of the panels has ghost patches as well.
might be as early as the 30s or as late as the very early 50s. i'm don't believe it is completely homebrew but it is strange that it has no pockets inside or out, and it appears to have been heavily chopped and pimped. i have no idea who made the original jacket but i really can't imagine somebody homebrewing a horsehide or steerhide jacket. in any case, it has apparently been purpose tailored and used for competitive riding. nice to find.

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anything interesting happen in the last 2k posts? Caught flu for the first time ever which turned into pneumonia and completely knocked me on ****** for the past month. Also arranging purchase of a new home, with a third floor that is going to make an amazing Thrift Eyrie. Natural light all day long, going to make for some great product photos.

dad2bandm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found another Hugo Boss in my size. Loro Piana tagging.

Robert Talbott shirt in my size

Thurston braces

Is this Burberry hat the real thing? Missing tag inside so not sure of exact size.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple interesting items in the pile.
Big POP for me, not tagged as such, but I'm going to call it LBM. Fits. N/A

Looks identical to some of the Lubiam tags, but doesn't say it anywhere.

Also of note:
Grenson suede
Outlier

bill, bri & bono

POP (might be a repeat)

Edit - one more. They price J.Crew shirts more than this at this store, don't know how this slipped by, waxed cotton peacoat. Done right, corduroy pocket lining, nice details.

Last edited:

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@double00

Your right on the money with the crown zipper. Book calls it a triple crown brand zipper circa 1950. It's missing its bottom keeper. It can't be any newer than 1953 as the spool company was incorporated and we're no longer crown zips. The grippers are in the book as 1953 as well. They came in gold and silver. So it's definitely 1950 era. Sweet find.

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't really had time to thrift with all the doctor visits for the twins. Did pick up scraps this week. Pretty much a total loss and starting to give up the game. Probably another two months of selling and I'm taking everything to be consigned.

Not sure what the AR is.

Not sure if this jack but if it says made in Japan I don't leave it.

Picked these up for myself as I love chambray.

Who doesn't need a shirt covered in boobs.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Haven't really had time to thrift with all the doctor visits for the twins. Did pick up scraps this week. Pretty much a total loss and starting to give up the game. Probably another two months of selling and I'm taking everything to be consigned.

Not sure what the AR is.

Not sure if this jack but if it says made in Japan I don't leave it.

Picked these up for myself as I love chambray.

Who doesn't need a shirt covered in boobs.

I'd prefer boobs covered in a shirt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads