• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait, why are you leaving decent-looking shirts, assuming they’re your size?

(I swear, Target sells a cotton Merona vest now that looks like EG. :hide: )

I'm not sure what other areas are like but if I bought every Goodfellow shirt in my size that looked decent, I'd have literally 200 new shirts every day.

But there was a Salvation Army downtown that had Goodfellow t-shirts for $0.75 one day. I bought like 10 of them.

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol the YSL is a tux rental lmao. Notch lapel.

The Brioni is way nicer, with surgeon cuffs but either get it altered or flip.

DSC_0194.JPG

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you call that cart that comes out at like course 7 with the sweet treats, like the jellys, the chocolate things you pick up with the tongs, etc.

That was insane at Ramsays. Daniel has it down, Per Se hits that out of the park but Ramsay, unbeatable.
That my friend is a good question lol that thing is a serious artifact of French fine dining

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never had it better than Joel Robuchon at the MGM Grand in Vegas.
My boss went ther a couple years ago. Him and two other chefs. Even after all the free **** they brought out the bill was well over $1k

Dirt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ran out for cheap wine and chocolate and ended up making a quick stop.

Double pop on Sulka tailored clothing and St. Andrews. Shawl collar robe is minty vintage women’s and cashmere. Only tag is remnants of the ILGWU label and handwork all over. Now, I drink my cheap wine and eat my Symphony bar!

8BED0039-B2F6-492B-9CC3-CB764FE87AE3.jpeg

1B341D3B-9D29-472F-B983-2EE698C32F8E.jpeg

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait, why are you leaving decent-looking shirts, assuming they’re your size?

(I swear, Target sells a cotton Merona vest now that looks like EG. :hide: )

I need more shirts like a I need a hole in the head. Haha. I must have 30+ shirts in the closet, but I tend to gravitate towards 5-6 of them.

Also, Target buys high end stuff (EG, Thom Browne, 45 RPM, etc) and essentially produces knock offs. They used to donate those random high-end "inspirational" pieces (many with the tags from Barney's, Ron Herman, Fred Segal, etc) still attached to the local thrift stores here, mixed in with all the regular Target merch. That was years ago though, haven't seen that stuff hit the stores in ages. Funny thing though; I once found a Rag & Bone (I think) polo shirt with block stripes. It had a post it note on it that said "reverse stripe color". The next season, I saw Merona's version of that R&B polo. :rotflmao:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need more shirts like a I need a hole in the head. Haha. I must have 30+ shirts in the closet, but I tend to gravitate towards 5-6 of them.

Also, Target buys high end stuff (EG, Thom Browne, 45 RPM, etc) and essentially produces knock offs. They used to donate those random high-end "inspirational" pieces (many with the tags from Barney's, Ron Herman, Fred Segal, etc) still attached to the local thrift stores here, mixed in with all the regular Target merch. That was years ago though, haven't seen that stuff hit the stores in ages. Funny thing though; I once found a Rag & Bone (I think) polo shirt with block stripes. It had a post it note on it that said "reverse stripe color". The next season, I saw Merona's version of that R&B polo. :rotflmao:

I'm listening to the audiobook of Ed Viestur's book 'No Shortcuts To The Top'. In it, he describes the process that Polo Sport used for their first line. Basically, he gave them some of his high-end gear and they copied it.

Dirt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recall seeing a Rag & Bone x Target collab a coupe years ago. Maybe R&B leveraged that in lieu of a lawsuit

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Translation for Brits ... A Barbour that is too big for my size. I leave lots of baller **** on the racks because I'm a 36R... And tailors ain't cheap.

Come again, mate? Don't be cheeky.

Pierson v Post

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 941284

@StanleyWingtip, seeing that baseball is awesome. Bobby Brown was an amazing person. ****** was studying to be a cardiologist while playing for the New York Yankees. He practiced medicine until 1984 before returning to world of baseball.

Ummm....ok, Don't be Cruel, but you seem to be confused. It's My Prerogative to inform you that you should take Every Little Step to realize Bobby Brown was none of what you said...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads