• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday's MN blizzard makes for a good excuse to get to work a little late. Quick stop on my way in this morning.

IMG_5137.jpg
IMG_5136.jpg

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thrift funded for good times... I had an Elan 7 and loaned it to a friend. I haven’t heard from him for years, and wanted to shoot some film. I’ve got some black and white film coming from B&H, and will order some chemistry so I can process film again... Yeah, I’m turning into a retro grouch.

View attachment 913451

Yesterday, I purchased six brand new (open box) Nikon D3400 bodies from a closing Sam's Club. After discounts, they were $75 each. :D
I had sold most of them before I even got back to the house.
DSC_5005.JPG

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@HansderHund iirc has some pretty good tips. cold water in a bowl, a small amount of colorfast detergent like woolite dark or whatever, keep the scarf moving in the water so the colors don't run. rinse. roll in a towel. i gently press (take care to not iron the rolled hem) and i actually put the fold lines back (a matter of philosophy i guess) in then hang up until everything is completely dry.

i've done this with a couple but hermes uses a variety of types of dyes afaik so ymmv. good luck!

JohnAAG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@HansderHund iirc has some pretty good tips. cold water in a bowl, a small amount of colorfast detergent like woolite dark or whatever, keep the scarf moving in the water so the colors don't run. rinse. roll in a towel. i gently press (take care to not iron the rolled hem) and i actually put the fold lines back (a matter of philosophy i guess) in then hang up until everything is completely dry.

i've done this with a couple but hermes uses a variety of types of dyes afaik so ymmv. good luck!

Thanks!

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

That sounds like great advice, but unfortunately, I can’t take credit! I’ll certainly take notes on it! I simply move them as-is. I assume the new owner will either A) not care, or B) take more care in cleaning it than I would.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dope Zegna in a check houndstooth pattern that's hard to capture. 54L Available.
IMG_0483.JPG

IMG_0484.JPG

fullsizeoutput_b26.jpeg

Above thrift prices, but still pretty good for another Prorsum piece. Wool/mohair cardigan. Available
fullsizeoutput_b28.jpeg

IMG_0488.JPG

IMG_0489.JPG

Deadstock
IMG_0511.JPG

N/A, my size. Tweed look, but very, very soft with a hard to capture blue and yellow check pattern. And they actually have a decent rise!
fullsizeoutput_b38.jpeg

IMG_0497.JPG

IMG_0498.JPG

Deadstock
fullsizeoutput_b3c.jpeg

IMG_0500.JPG

This piece is absolutely incredible. It somehow survived almost 100 years with not so much as a moth nibble. The sleeves were sewn back on themselves for god knows how long, but I think I can press them out, as the rest of the suit looks unworn. Really cool piece of Chicago tailoring history. And it's so damn close to fitting except for the extremely high armholes. It's navy by the way.
fullsizeoutput_b3e.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_b40.jpeg

IMG_0504.JPG

IMG_0505.JPG

Vixx

Reaction score
First one of 2018!
View attachment 913472
View attachment 913473

Needs a cleaning. Anyone have any tips?

White vinegar / distilled water wash for silk - up to a 50/50 ratio for basic cleaning ; can sub lemon juice for vinegar

No agitation, but can brush gingerly

Ammonia / distilled water up to a 35% ratio for tough stains -

Couple of drops of dr Bronners Castile soap as first pass can help - but only in dire cases

Treat it like your developing a photo

Don't spot clean silk - just don't

Lay flat on white cotton - it will absorb anything you put in on.

Research online - especially if it's stained with inorganic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads