• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
our cat literally barfed on my wife's Galaxy S6. Not only does it freak out (screen keeps coming on), but the USB charger doesn't work. Can only charge wirelesly... And she left the charger pad at her work. 50 miles away in Sunnyvale.

So, decided afterwards to go to lunch at the creamery in Palo alto. And check 2 thrifts in Menlo Park. Holy ****, I thought the discovery shop in Oakland was nuts, these jack wagons were asking $250 for used Canali suits. And $185 for facanable Chinese leather jackets.

The thrift store called "the shop" across the street was a downright bargain at $200 for similar suits.

No thanks.

BTW, we ordered a brand new LG G5 for $200 in case you were concerned

Might be worth trying this stuff. it works on my Playstation controller.

DSC_2760.JPG

The Auto parts store has all the goods you need. :cool2:

Lol at the Cat Barf. :laugh:

Last edited:

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
True. I don't always equate higher price to being better. Same as my feeling that a $10K Stefano Ricci suit is not better than a $5k Oxxford.

I've only handled two pairs of Lattanzi shoes, so certainly not the most qualified to make a broad statement, but would say the leather is the same quality as on my personal Lobb and EG pairs. The soles are handwelted (I believe) so you could argue that makes Lattanzi better, but I've never cared about hand welted vs goodyear. Definitely a matter of opinion.

I don't mean to say anything bad about them because they are great, just feeling they probably don't need to be that exspensive.

fair enough,i USUALLY dont either but sometimes it rings true.
lets just agree both are amazing shoes that i wish i could afford at full retail lol

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, last week, I pick up a pair of deadstock Vans "Johnny Ramone" loafers. I don't typically buy Vans, but the resale on these is pretty sweet.
View attachment 907749

Anyway, I walk in the store today and the lady who sold me the Vans says that she had another pair of shoes from the same guy. She brings me a pair of deadstock canvas goodness. So, vintage Nike guys, I know that these are probably not anything really special. Is there a name for this model? I know that they are 1992 (I think). Any other info?
View attachment 907750 View attachment 907751
The Nike ones are bizarre because the numbers are leading me to Huaraches.

Mr G from SD

Reaction score
fair enough,i USUALLY dont either but sometimes it rings true.
lets just agree both are amazing shoes that i wish i could afford at full retail lol

:cheers:
Probably a better comparison would be them and Saint Crispin's....but i've yet to own a pair of those. Tried to get some when Spoo was auctioning a bunch but didn't work out :censored:

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And then you promptly sold them for a fat profit and went back to the Puma slides. :lol:
to be honest,yes.
the thought of wearing these in a canadian winter salt **** storm made me sad.
def not meant for this climate ,would have been ruined in one week flat.
cant wait to bust out the sliders man,my gf HATES my feet so its a win win muahahahahaha

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
to be honest,yes.
the thought of wearing these in a canadian winter salt **** storm made me sad.
def not meant for this climate ,would have been ruined in one week flat.
cant wait to bust out the sliders man,my gf HATES my feet so its a win win muahahahahaha

Are you in Ontario? If not, the western provinces uses beet brine for snow road management. Not as corrosive as road salt.

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The best sole and all around shoe I've had and was a pleasure to own was corthay. If you haven't had a pair get a pair.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here’s my new cashmere vest from @concealed. I’m taking it to the tailor to get it shaped up a tad, but it fits regardless! Also, a bonus USA made J Crew wool/silk tie.
9B10B092-078D-4674-B9EF-66A864406F20.jpeg

5269593F-D463-4296-ADEB-907C86AC6AB3.jpeg

Only one pickup this week, it’s dry as balls here. But I think it’s a good’un! 42r if anyone wants.

9720362A-2817-44BD-AF52-61408EC1A12F.jpeg
2DCD1A57-E7EE-42D0-9449-55D4FDB0FD76.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads