• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was about to pull the trigger full retail on a wallet last week decided to wait a few weeks.
Sure why not ...
IMG_20180108_112510.jpg
IMG_20180108_112531.jpg

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoulder pleats, pick stitching (presumably machined) and vent buttons abound!
s-l1600.jpg

I'm assuming that I picked up a nice coat from a random Italian maker who isn't anyone of note. The faux Pal Zileri brand tag is weird. The five(?) inverted box pleats on the back are a bit unusual as well, especially given that one of them hides a centre vent with a three-button closure on it. To top it all off it's belted in the back.

So city coat in the front, country coat in the back. Did I just buy the sartorial equivalent of a mullet?
Cross-posted to the label thread in case anyone has any ideas on who might have made this.
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

Vixx

Reaction score
So the good news -

Been after a cheap 100% angora from a respectable brand to see how my skin reacts -

Found one on eBay, met all my requirements ... 40$!

Then I read the PayPal invoice, and realize I didn't check the seller name ..

Won't say who - but there's a 50% chance I get a used Haines sweatshirt from 1996 packed by someone named Angora.

Vixx

Reaction score
@Letric those Ricks are trending over on the SW&D forum too

View attachment 904690

image.png

Question: How would the forum dads react to someone picking up their daughter at the front door wearing this?

(Random movie reference: I've come for your daughter, Chuck...)

For a long time - that was my barometer :)

And to be fair, at that age my friends loved cross colors, Jamaroquai hats and flannels that were 3 sizes to big ..

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoulder pleats, pick stitching (presumably machined) and vent buttons abound!
s-l1600.jpg

I'm assuming that I picked up a nice coat from a random Italian maker who isn't anyone of note. The faux Pal Zileri brand tag is weird. The five(?) inverted box pleats on the back are a bit unusual as well, especially given that one of them hides a centre vent with a three-button closure on it. To top it all of it's belted in the back.

So city coat in the front, country coat in the back. Did I just buy the sartorial equivalent of a mullet?
Cross-posted to the label thread in case anyone has any ideas on who might have made this.
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Pal Zileri? Maybe?

Vixx

Reaction score
Last one from me -

Small e thrift - ranch ox hide (?) mcafees - model macaflex (?)

Fit great - wore today; nice pebbles look.

Never in my life would I think I'd say I'm good on shoes... ( Although...I would like some smooth high polish shells ... Or should I say mortors)

image.jpeg

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 904923

Question: How would the forum dads react to someone picking up their daughter at the front door wearing this?

(Random movie reference: I've come for your daughter, Chuck...)

For a long time - that was my barometer :)

And to be fair, at that age my friends loved cross colors, Jamaroquai hats and flannels that were 3 sizes to big ..
Wait... That's a dude? I thought that is was some Netflix remake of Punky Brewster.

JohnAAG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last one from me -

Small e thrift - ranch ox hide (?) mcafees - model macaflex (?)

Fit great - wore today; nice pebbles look.

Never in my life would I think I'd say I'm good on shoes... ( Although...I would like some smooth high polish shells ... Or should I say mortors)

View attachment 904924
Church's made shoes for McAfee (and eventually bought the brand in the early 90s I think). Ranch Oxhide is the Church's name for buffalo/bison. I have a couple of pairs. Nice shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members