• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpk1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No problem! Love how they thought it was Womens, I'm sure a hundo shipped would still almost triple but I was pissed after the three declined offers

Yeah, and same seller has two other horseys listed as men's, with the buttons on the same side as this one, haha. $65 got it.

:hide:

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
johnsons baby oil. @impuntura

All my old Rx RayBan torty frames have that - never could get rid if it. Thanks for the tip - maybe they're salvageable!

Best solution I've found: magic eraser. Works like ... magic.

Oils never worked for me. Restored some shine temporarily, but the clouding was still there. Magic eraser restores them to like new condition IME.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, and same seller has two other horseys listed as men's, with the buttons on the same side as this one, haha. $65 got it.

:hide:

That "distressed" Hilfiger sailing jacket looks pretty promising also

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Local thrift just posted this on their Instagram. I'm scared how high the prices are going to be when I go tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful tweeds added to the backlog. How close is this place to Savile Row? They were owned by a recently deceased dermatologist in Nashville. The top one from 1977 and the bottom one from 1982.

Versace Guy

Reaction score
Oh shizz, TIMMY!! Now comes the most difficult part of deciding whether to keep or flip

Last edited:

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beautiful tweeds added to the backlog. How close is this place to Savile Row? They were owned by a recently deceased dermatologist in Nashville. The top one from 1977 and the bottom one from 1982.

yeah pretty close. my 1960 Lesley & Roberts tailcoat tux was from 16 st george st. hanover sq so they were next door neighbors it would seem. L&R was definitely in the SR club even then and in fact would relocate to the row sometime later (they're still there today iirc).

that piece was amazing. i've copped other more recent SR but i doubt i'll see anything like that pop up again. the 60s-70s pieces are the ones to find, imo.

mistermidwester

Reaction score

Best solution I've found: magic eraser. Works like ... magic.

Oils never worked for me. Restored some shine temporarily, but the clouding was still there. Magic eraser restores them to like new condition IME.

This is exactly what happened. Tried the oils. Looked awesome for a couple hours, but when I checked them out again tonight it was back.

Tried the magic eraser and... MAGIC.

I'm not sure what's in those things, but I am glad they make them.

rhyme

Reaction score

Pure linen. I think this is BB newest label.

Drakes Shell Tie - Not thrifted but purchased from SF Affiliate hangerproject for $60 for personal use. purchased 2 to convert mine to free.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads