• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm really jealous of these suits you dudes in MN find. I'm on a bad dry spell for suits & sport coats. The other day I got excited  because I found a made in china BB 1818 sport coat. That's how bad my luck has been. We've got plenty of Hawaiian shirts though. If I liked those I'd be a lucky man. Damnit.

These are probably the first notable clothing finds I've had here in months (had to go to LA to get my clothing fix). Used to be great, but lately it seems like the clothing supply here just dried up.

Last edited:

classicthrifter

Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataku

These are probably the first notable clothing finds I've had here in months (had to go to LA to get my clothing fix). Used to be great, but lately it seems like the clothing supply here just dried up.

Tons of Fodder, less Awesomely Great stuff for sure. I find enough fodder to keep me more than busy but I'd love to find more of the great stuff consistently.

Another great day for fodder here.

NWT, '92 (I think)

My weekend doesn't start till I reach 200 listings.

Oh, and the pay by the pound places are yeah, pretty horrible. Unless your profit point is really low and the items you buy are really lightweight. The other forums I'm on folks pick up first class weight items for pennies and make a few bucks profit on each.

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to a nice menswear store in Nashville and now I NEED some Eidos in my life. None of the duders on ebay are taking my "Trade nice clothes plz?" bait.

Chotii

Reaction score
Last edited:

rhz5001

Reaction score

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Am I correct in believing this "Hermes" tie is as fake as a $3 bill, and that so are a number of this seller's other "high end" ties?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hermes-Pink-Tie-/282030931660?hash=item41aa5a7ecc:g:b2wAAOSw2x1XLnpp

He's not showing linings, overlap, or anything.  The Vitaliano Pancaldi ties seem....unusual prints, given what I've seen from him in the past. And the Brioni tie prints seem odd. :(

You'd be better off going to NMLC yourself and checking the clearance rack for the elusive tie that doesn't have snags or marks on it. They exist, but not in great quantity.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$11.35 for shipping? LOL...

$12.40 for me...

I've been seeing a lot of these. A couple of weeks ago, I saw a listing for a tie with the shipping calculating at around $25. I messaged the seller, asking if this was correct, and his response was something along the lines of, "take it or leave it, that's my price."

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This might be cheating since this isn't really a thrift fit, but here's WIWT:

Baird McNutt (thrift), JCF, Smathers & Branson (thanks, Linda!), Tretorn (clearance)

I went out loafer shopping today (mainly to try on), kopped a pair of Rancourts on the site that shall not be named, hit the Rack and came away empty handed save for 2 sets of shoe trees, and did some recon at a local haberdashery. It's nice to see and feel the current Zegna, Isaia, Samuelsohn, etc. offerings in person, and to see what is actually sold locally so I know what to keep an eye out for in the thrifts. I fell in love with a cashsilk Isaia SC. Exactly what I'm looking for, but I'd never pay retail. (BTW if anyone has a unstructured summer weight Boglioli/LBM1911/etc. SC in EU 52R, preferably solid and in the mid-blue to navy range, please LMK. I'm actively looking.)

Hoofit

Reaction score
It's already been said but everybody should go check out the Nordstrom Rack near you if there's one close by.
Barbour

Wolverine 1000 Mile in Horween Bison leather.

white collar

Reaction score
Been away for quite awhile but got out a bit this past week. Everything is available unless noted !!!

NA!!!

Weird Bike Shoe Things.

Full Suit

These two are underpriced consignment and my best score of the year so far

$58.95

$18.95

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads