• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anybody recognize these? I can't see any makers details inside, but they're boss as hell.
Post a pic the sole nail pattern.
@Odradek those are some sweet shoes. Beautiful. Any other UK members NEVER find any shoes at all? I've scoured many many charity shops and vintage stores and nobody stocks shoes, let alone any high quality ones. Do we just culturally throw them away? Part of me guesses that because the weather is so bad here, most decent shoes will be destroyed and thus thrown away. Shame.
I've found some but not many. Recently found a lovely pair of Church's that were barely worn. Flipped same day. Lots of trainers too.

dad2bandm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi folks.
Is this a find?

Harris Tweed. Made in Canada so must have some age? Is Canada on the label any good? Fits me pretty good so I'm liking it.

Denton

Reaction score
With Harris Tweed, it's the brand of fabric, not the maker. Canada is promising but you need to figure out who made it. Search that RN # in the FTC database for the MFR.

Canada does not mean vintage...Coppley and Samuesohn are up there still, to name just two respected MFRs.

Hard to go sideways with Harris Tweed at thrift prices in your size.

Last edited:

Takai

Reaction score
Specifically the foot of the ostrich. That's why it looks different than the ostrich you're used to.
Actually the leg, but it makes no matter.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah we normally do two hour intervals. Looks like they have backed us down to like 18" again, but who knows what will hit us.

Ahhh, any word on when it is supposed to start? I have meetings in Jersey on Friday and am leaving EWR at 7:30 Friday night. Waiting to see if I should cancel the trip or not. Storm is starting down here in TN today, my kids are out for a snow day today...

My back deck. Not sure if we have enough provisions to make it through, didn't get to the store yesterday. Although I have enough wine and whiskey to make it a week.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Specifically the foot of the ostrich. That's why it looks different than the ostrich you're used to.

Canada has a military?

i know youre kidding but Canadas military has been deep in the **** for a long time.they have been front and center in every conflict usually right beside your military so dont kid about that.
Also look up Camp X.
I actually went to see it ten years ago because of the James Bond connection

dappercanadian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i know youre kidding but Canadas military has been deep in the **** for a long time.they have been front and center in every conflict usually right beside your military so dont kid about that.
Also look up Camp X.
I actually went to see it ten years ago because of the James Bond connection
Not to mention, JTF2 are ******* badasses and help train Seal Team 6

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's the Hermes.

dad2bandm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With Harris Tweed, it's the brand of fabric, not the maker. Canada is promising but you need to figure out who made it. Search that RN # in the FTC database for the MFR.

Canada does not mean vintage...Coppley and Samuesohn are up there still, to name just two respected MFRs.

Hard to go sideways with Harris Tweed at thrift prices in your size.

Thank you for the helpful response. :)

I'll have to take another look at the tag, as I see my finger covered another number. Perhaps a CA number?
The RN number simply seems to correspond with: "PEMBINA LAUNDROMAT INC". lol. I'm guessing, that's because they were importing stuff? I'll take another look with this knowledge.

HermesSeeker

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
After reading a ponderous number of posts here, I made my first trip yesterday here in Florida. I wasn't too happy with the results; couldn't find any decent shoes at any of the 4 places I went to (Goodwill, Salvation Army).
Anyhow, I did find this Zegna shirt, and two ties (RL Purple Label, Polo).

Any idea on the age of this Zegna shirt?

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what, that's like $70? That's a tough one. Margin of profit would be too slim for me. If I was Spoo, maybe.

edit: For the Hermes jacket.

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi folks.
Is this a find?

Harris Tweed. Made in Canada so must have some age? Is Canada on the label any good? Fits me pretty good so I'm liking it.

This is just my opinion, but those lapels are horribly dated. I would pass. Harris tweed is pretty plentiful and if you wait a little bit, I sure something more modern will turn up.

Last edited:

dad2bandm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the helpful response. :)

I'll have to take another look at the tag, as I see my finger covered another number. Perhaps a CA number?
The RN number simply seems to correspond with: "PEMBINA LAUNDROMAT INC". lol. I'm guessing, that's because they were importing stuff? I'll take another look with this knowledge.

And the CA number seems to turn up:

CA01642 WESTCOTT FASHIONS LTD.
WINNIPEG, Manitoba
Date Issued: 1997-09-25

Hmm...

Denton

Reaction score

Thank you for the helpful response.  :)

I'll have to take another look at the tag, as I see my finger covered another number.  Perhaps a CA number?
The RN number simply seems to correspond with: "PEMBINA LAUNDROMAT INC".  lol.  I'm guessing, that's because they were importing stuff?  I'll take another look with this knowledge. 
Not to make you sound like an idiot, but are you sure you typed it correctly? I transpose numbers all the time.
If it's correct, Pembina seems to be out of Alberta, so Canada checks out.

Edit: I'm sure it's Wescott Fashions, just looked them up. Seems to be a small outfit, not sure they're still around. Again, zero resale.

Zero resale but if you like it and the build quality seems nice you're taking a $7 gamble.

I don't think the lapels are dated, they look trad like a '60s Brooks Brothers. Just IMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads