• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randomore

Reaction score
Have you opened it yet?
I did!

I just noticed you reached out a few times to confirm. Sorry about that, we ended up traveling for the Holidays.

Thank you so much for all of the stuff. I had the buffalo sweat beer today and it was awesome. The history of the breweries was a nice touch. My wife actually took the flannel for herself as a loungy oversized shirt lol.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
^ i have that exact jacket. got it new from my grandma during the 1996 olympic games.

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ i have that exact jacket. got it new from my grandma during the 1996 olympic games.

They're so cool. I wish it fit me but I probably need an XL.

GetBlatzed

Reaction score
So theres been a crazy blizzard in milwaukee since late last night. i wasnt gonna go out thrifting, but at about 7pm, the boredom kicked in, and i decided to brave the street, and i headed to the closest thrift store to me, a very small goodwill near campus. i walked in and i was the only customer in the store!! the racks were crammed full... looked like the employees had been stoking all day, with no one there to buy anything. i feel like i did pretty well. everything is available.

GetBlatzed

Reaction score
Nice haul. Makes me have hope for my Milwaukee trip next month.

Seriously, how many pair of Allen Edmonds do you find there?
I never find shoes. thats the first pair I've found there. you'd think there'd be a lot more allen edmonds around here... but not really.

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never find shoes. thats the first pair I've found there. you'd think there'd be a lot more allen edmonds around here... but not really.

Good finds. I would have left the J&M stuff, though.

mistermidwester

Reaction score

Shout out to @dahl5yankees for my new favorite thing. :slayer:

jumpman1231

Reaction score
Noble being from KC and in the financial industry everyone always talks about getting to the kochs. If you could find the thrift drop off spot for them that would be an awesome source for you!!

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm going to Milwaukee next month, too... :box:

jamesmkeart

Reaction score

I see torched ones a lot. There's a lot of regulars that go through shoes though so they might be getting picked over.

GetBlatzed

Reaction score
Yea, those were borderline.. At $4 each, I thought I'd give em a shot. They still have dry cleaning tags on them, which might help a little for resale.

Good finds. I would have left the J&M stuff, though.

Chotii

Reaction score
Just throwing this out there.... Would it be better to sell that sweater, then find another that truely fits? If its a nice name I'd hate to see it shrink too much(my mom does this for some of her crafts and its amazing how small they can shrink up) and then all you have is a ruined cashmere sweater that doesn't fit. But if its a no name that may not sell anyway then go for it.

But to actually address the questions, I've always heard block dry for a while then wear it when it is just lightly damp, to avoid shrinking too much.
My experience with hand-washing is, use tepid water with Woolite, and handle the item as little as possible. With cashmere, it's likely to go a bit fuzzy no matter how gently you handle it. I've hand-washed many wool coats and sweaters. I basically squash them around in my tub, flat-handed, and maybe swish them back and forth. No rubbing/friction. I have sweater-drying racks that I slant in the tub against the wall and "hang" the item on to let as much water drain out as possible before rolling in a towel. I stretch them out while quite damp and let them dry on the rack. Cool moving air (a fan blowing room temperature air) is okay. Heat is not your friend unless you want to shrink or felt wool, or turn a cashmere sweater into a puffball. Note: the only sweater I shrank so badly that it was destroyed beyond belief was made of chenille (not even wool or cashmere). That one said 'dry clean only' and I said 'Pff, I can hand-wash this.' I was wrong. I've never seen anything like it before or since.

I have heard that 90% of "dirt" comes out with plain water. The other 10%, hopefully, comes out with Woolite.

Last edited:

Edmonton

Reaction score
A few recent finds with some questions for those in the know.

I'll begin with the Florsheim Imperial loafers.

Florsheim Addision black Genuine Caiman Alligator circa 2007

I was looking for cashmere scarves for the family when I bought this one based on this tag.

I didn't see this tag until I got home.
Burberry heritage check

I questioned the authenticity because of the one larger space between the letters, but the address seems to make sense and the colour, pattern and fringing are right. Any Londoners here to verify?

Found these two Canali ties but they have very different styling. Are both authentic but of different vintage or quality lines?

And finally, my new favourite winter footwear. Def NA!

Frye Oliver Inside Zip Dark Brown Antiqued/Polished

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads