• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay thanks. What I have is actually printed on the silk, not a fake (hopefully). I'll only cut if I find it necessary. Not hugely worried about resale but if its not necessary to cut the tag, no reason to do it.

Some of the squares literally have two brand tags though, one huge one and another smaller one.

But it doesn't make sense to me... It's like saying not to cut the wrist tag off a suit jacket because it might lessen the resale value.
Not in any sense is it in anyway the same thing. That wrist tag is stating brand for sale purposes when hanging on racks in stores and to show it's a new suit. When you buy the suit you have it tailored and have such things like this taken off. What I'm saying is on par with buying a Zegna or Brioni suit and then cutting out the manufacturers tag and removing the interior label/patch. These are all things that kill value. Like I thrifted this ridiculous Chanel blazer that is entirely construct of purely silk and wool (no synthetics at all unlike most there stuff) and has all the bells and whistles someone in the market for it would want. However there's a tag on the interior of every Chanel, below the logo that states size, where it was made, and resource numbers that state year and season. I could have sold that thing for over 900 (not estimate, based off ebay and RealReal has it priced there as well) but that tag was cut, I'll be lucky if I get 6-700. That's called value depreciation. That is what I am talking about.
^^^

i was just gonna make the same point - would you keep the vents basted shut?

but i wholeheartedly agree with @Jompso on this, it's a personal thing. some folks clip that stuff, some don't. i personally end up chopping up/pimping/modding/hotrodding a lot of my **** just to personalize it, not so much tailored clothing but if a tag bothers me, well i'd rather enjoy my **** then worry about resale. but i totally get the other side.
Just to repeat, I'm not saying keep original stitching in or keep ockets sewn shut, I'm not reselling this stuff and marketing it as new, it's obviously been worn......and Not I. I take care of and I keep everything in tact and in original state. I spend a lot on what goes in my closet and I want to be able to get a lot for it if I decide I no longer like/want it. This is then usually spent directly towards a new item I do want. I wouldn't buy a piece of artwork and decide it was missing a smiley face in the corner and take a sharpie to it, I treat my clothes the same, they have high resale if taken care of and I enjoy making money, it's what I spend nearly all of my day focused on doing, just how I work.

Last edited:

audg

Reaction score
Man, I'm flying out to Milwaukee tomorrow and was planning to swing by a thrift store or something for some beater shoes/jacket-action, you beat me to it. I'm heading from MKE airport toward New London/Appleton, any places I should check there or on the drive up?

edit: and as this is my first post, I'm Dan, live in MD outside DC, and I found some pretty Allen Edmonds loafers at the Uptown Cheapskate today but they were 4 sizes too small. thanks for having me, styleforum.

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@audg, I think the thrift stores are closed tomorrow:(

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Born there, live in the burbs.

No ****? Ha, I think there was one other guy from Milwaukee on here but he hasn't posted in a few years. I was also born here, grew up on the eastside. Good to see some other Wisconsinites representing in here. TheNeedMachine is also an ex-Wisconsite if I remember correctly.

jamesmkeart

Reaction score

No ****? Ha, I think there was one other guy from Milwaukee on here but he hasn't posted in a few years. I was also born here, grew up on the eastside. Good to see some other Wisconsinites representing in here. TheNeedMachine is also an ex-Wisconsite if I remember correctly.

Yeah, he said that. I think Milwaukee/Chicago is good thrifting country. Not as much high end but theres a lot of shops.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a similar note, I can't wait to watch the Packers destroy the Bears tomorrow. The only other game I got to watch this season was that horrible display against Denver.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yo @Nataku how'd I do? Saki 7000 buffalo horn sunglasses..

Well done, I'd say! I had a few pair of Saki eyeglasses frames and they're great. Buffalo horn sunglasses though, that's a whole 'nother level! :slayer:

audg

Reaction score
man, that totally did not occur to me. on topic, here's a coat i got at an MD thrift store several years back for ~$20, it's all beat up now, but i can't part with it.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the herringbone is more of a worsted texture -- flat pile -- then it's an orphan and at that price I'd leave it. If it's closer to a tweed or shetland texture, then you may have a separate on your hands. In that case, I'd probably buy it but that's really only on principle to avoid a separate of that quality from going to the Great Ragmaker in the Sky. From an ROI perspective, it's a dicegame, even on a separate.

Yeah the herringbone was really micro and worsted. From far away it looked like stripes, and the buttons were black with 4 on each sleeve. Suit jacket for sure. If it was more sport-coaty fabric, I would have kept it for personal use cause it fit beautifully except for the sleeves. And it was actually $15, not $20.

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alrighty guys - Side swiping this thread.

Which boots should I get for this upcoming season?

I have bean boots but they don't work that well for the winter ( non insulated/shearling lined version).

Looking for something a bit more stylish, iron rangers, 1000 miles, vibergs, oakstreet. Anyone have any recommendations for brown boots? thanks

rhyme

Reaction score

I have bean boots but they don't work that well for the winter ( non insulated/shearling lined version).

Looking for something a bit more stylish, iron rangers, 1000 miles, vibergs, oakstreet. Anyone have any recommendations for brown boots? thanks
Same position. Thinking of either Alden Indy or Vibergs.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You can't go wrong with Red Wing Lugs. Every workwear lover should get at least one pair. If you need them for the winter, just wear 2 pairs of thick socks and you'll be good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads