• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

turkey_sandwich

Reaction score
NWOT Gustin selvedge. Paid up a bit but they're my size and unworn/crispy. Any way to tell one redline Gustin from the next? They don't feel particularly hefty so I don't think they're anything too crazy.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NWOT Gustin selvedge. Paid up a bit but they're my size and unworn/crispy. Any way to tell one redline Gustin from the next? They don't feel particularly hefty so I don't think they're anything too crazy.

There should be a small tag inside the waistband that has #xx written on it. Google Gustin plus that number and you should find the original item.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ironically shot in Toronto ,they filmed this 2 min from my house at Centennial park,also the name of the University team here.
Side story,one morning I was walking my dog at that stadium and Donovan Bailey was casually practicing sprints,fastest man on earth at the time.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I HATE to agree with him but he's right.you can't just claim you thrifted a Rolex and then act like it didn't happen.if you fucked up and got a fake so what everybody makes mistakes but put it to rest already Jesus .

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey....back from the Gustin store? Placing my order for a 35 waist...

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i bet its #75 okayama std. amirite?

EDIT: actually i doubt it is... gustin are nice but tbh i've come to the conclusion that stf is the only way to fly with the denimz. seems like all the "boutique", "artisanal", "slow fashion" stuff is sanforized these days. boo.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i bet its #75 okayama std. amirite?

EDIT: actually i doubt it is... gustin are nice but tbh i've come to the conclusion that stf is the only way to fly with the denimz. seems like all the "boutique", "artisanal", "slow fashion" stuff is sanforized these days. boo.

I've had mixed results with unsanforized denim. The Gustin Loomstate denim were too small to start with, despite ordering up, and the LVC's I have didn't shrink enough.

ReubenR

Reaction score
Motion to leave @Takai alone and let the rolex issue die? Maybe it's fake, maybe its taking too long to get authenticated or repaired, maybe he's giving the original owner a chance to reclaim his mistake, maybe he had to flip it quick to score some choice denim. If he eventually posts details and pics, that'd be awesome. If he doesn't, I'm sure he has a good reason. All I know is that if hounding him hasn't produced results yet, it's not going to. I'd hate for him to quite posting because of something like this.

marc roberto

Reaction score
Recent finds...

E-thrift. Not sure how thrifty it really was as I had myself in mind and the seller had another in blue. I thought I could grab them both, but it turns out other people had discovered them. Anyone here grab the blue one? I think it went for $45 or so. Got this for around $30.

S.
E.
X.

I did! I did! :) I got a blue one about a month ago for $41 or so. Was in mint condition too.I assume you're talking about something more recent than a month ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads