• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
yeah I need to give it a measure again; it is like 2 finger tight on me in the XS and I find that shirts like APC in XS fit pretty much exactly the same way.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
yeah I need to give it a measure again; it is like 2 finger tight on me in the XS and I find that shirts like APC in XS fit pretty much exactly the same way.

It should be around .5" bigger than your neck circumference at the level of your Adam's apple.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shirt looks dope. Good call on skipping any sort of pleat in the back and going with subtle darting.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
The shirt looks dope. Good call on skipping any sort of pleat in the back and going with subtle darting.

Thanks all.

re: no pleat, I actually had one on there going into this, and we nixed it in this second, final sample, and we're very happy with the results. Now it's a shirt you can just toss in the wash, tumble dry if you want to, and wear out of the dryer, nothing that is imperative to iron or anything. I wanted it to be a shirt that people really like to wear, and often and for a long time, and I think this will accomplish the task very well.
wink.gif

This OCBD will be the same design for all the different colors we plan to make, and then we're gonna make a separate broadcloth dress shirt in a different design, as well.

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ The undercollar isn't visible when worn, I think your issue is with the collar stand, correct? If so:
Originally Posted by dismalfuture
The collar band (it was intended to be the undercollar only) was not supposed to be white, it was supposed to be black oxford but that got lost in the translation; I am still thinking on it but I like it as well. Keep in mind that the black oxford is the darkest of the fabrics and the others are all mostly white, so it'll be much less obvious on further colors as well.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
yes, the undercollar will always be white (even on white shirts) but the collar band, I am still debating. The white collar band was something that got lost in translation, I didn't ask for it; I am debating it this weekend and then putting it into production next week.

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally, I'd vote to leave it out on this one; a little too much contrast, imo, and the shirt has quite a bit going on as it is. Might be a nice subtle detail on lighter-colored shirts, though. Would have to see.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^ I'm washing and drying it right now (to shrink it and rid it of the starch and stuff) and will get fit pics and conclusive measurements up soon.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasn't planning on getting any shirts. Change of plans.

Strong no vote on the white collar band, though. It really is too busy. Are you planning other fabrics for the first run?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I am seeing a pattern developing here re: collar band so I think I have made my decision. Self fabric collarband.

For the first run, it can only be one color, and we are now leaning toward this fabric as in the sample. THe second and third runs will be separate new colors and they will follow very soon as well, a week later or so, so we might see up to 3 colors before Christmas maybe.

smko

Reaction score
these shirts will not be a limited run will they?
(staple piece to your line?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads