1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Styleforum Vendors NYC Trunk Show Thread - Nov 16 and 17 - No Man Walks Alone, Kent Wan

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Oct 21, 2013.

1. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

Indeed it was. Thanks.

Your yohji suit was awesome. And your gf is super nice. You got the better deal there. ; )

El oh el

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

I'm glad you went with the birdseye as we discussed. It simply gorgeous and very versatile.

I'm sorry I didn't get to chat much with those there; indesertum and Greg especially.

Thanks to all the vendors for participating and Zach for making it happen. I wish I felt better and could spend more time. Here's to hoping the next event is sooner than later.

2 people like this.
  3. in stitches

Thanks for your help, dood.

You and Edouard pushed me over the edge. Thanks, was defo the right choice.

Fell better!!

4. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I had a lot of fun hanging out with everyone, from "Senior Members" to new ones, and of course the vendors as well.

I'm in for the next one.

2 people like this.
  5. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

moar pics!

6. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

I was walking to get some banh mi when I overheard somebody describing the event as being an event for internet fashion assholes. I wanted to gently remind him that it was for Internet style assholes not fashion and that we concern ourselves with things that are timeless

6 people like this.
  7. in stitches

here is me on the subway putting on my new chanukah socks that dcg gave me!

[​IMG]

i wish you would have pointed him out to me so i could have crushed his face.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
    3 people like this.
  8. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

LOL. Was probably some guy who lived in the building. A few of those showed up on Saturday to check out what was going on and drink the scotch.

9. beaur

beaur Active Member

I will add my voice to those that had a good time. Was a pleasure to match names and faces, but now I have to remember them! and I am still a little fuzzy on some. Don't know if that was me or the liquor!!

Beau

1 person likes this.
  10. dcg

dcg Senior member

:slayer:

Glad to meet you as well! For everyone else - I had mentioned months ago that I liked the Stowa Marine Original, but wasn't sure if it'd be too large for me. DLJr remembered that, and was kind enough to wear it and let me try it on (it looked great!). Very, very cool - thanks again!

Like wool filson rucksacks? Your g/f was a trooper, man! I'm sure she really enjoyed listening to my thoughts on the appropriateness of the Filson x Levi's trucker jacket for camping in a downpour. :embar:

:slayer:

Thanks to RedDevil and all the vendors who made this happen. I'm hesitant to start naming names for fear of forgetting people (plus I didn't get names/handles for some of you), but had a great time meeting and speaking with everyone.

2 people like this.
  11. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

Megatron, Carson palmer and Michael Floyd possibly just booked me a ticket to the playoffs. ;)

1 person likes this.
  12. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

I just wanna thank @gdl203 and NMWA for giving me the opportunity to showcase my line at the trunk show. He didn't have to, but he did. And for that I thank him.

It was great to finally meet some of you in person.

3 people like this.
  13. dcg

dcg Senior member

I should've started Carson Palmer over Foles...who knew? But I'm in as well - thank you, Megatron! Great meeting you, T!

14. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Had a great time yesterday too and good to meet some new people, some old, and to see some wares in person.

Thanks you to SF, the vendors, and RedDevil for the event!

15. DLJr

DLJr Senior member

I was glad I saw stichy on the way out or else I would have missed you. I wish I could have stayed longer Sunday and not rushed out, but I already made my wife stay the entire day on Saturday and I owed her a day out in NYC.

16. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I want more pictures. Of drunk SFers. :D

2 people like this.
  17. dcg

dcg Senior member

Many of the significant others in attendance seemed to have the same bewildered/cautious/am-I-in-the-twilight-zone/you-mean-there-are-actually-other-guys-like-my-boyfriend/husband-and-I'm-observing-them-all-interact-in-the-wild look on their faces.

I am off to snag wivesandgirlfriendsofsfmembers.com, where they will be able to congregate and create threads such as "How to make do with very little closet space" and "Methods for preventing your significant other from sneaking his new 'kops' into your home unannounced".

10 people like this.
  18. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I believe the proper term for them is "Enabler"

1 person likes this.
  19. in stitches

i was legit surprised that you as a big a fantasy geek as dcg. you guys geeked it out hard core.

greg is a sweatheart. and i really liked your stuff, thanks for explaining the dying process, it sounded really cool and very detailed. i like how it lends to a little bit of an bleeding. very cool stuff. i wish i could work that stuff into my fits. maybe after another year in SWD ill be ready.

super glad to meet you.

i was also teh :( about it beeing so short. even more :( that i did not get to see when you were allegedly trashed on saturday. :p

20. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I actually enjoy that type of guy. You start explaining goodyear welting, or how spalla camica is constructed, or the difference between full grain and split grain, and watch their eyes glaze over as they politely "pay" for their drink. Sometimes, they become genuinely interested, which is awesome.

That is pretty awesome. It would be cool to see some of your stuff. Really different from what we normally see in any part of the forum.

Didn't you essentially give her two days out in NYC?

We could put a little tab in the nav bar! Synergy!

2 people like this.