• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 ***

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

My favorite things about the show, other than meeting a lot of new people, were seeing products that will be available online soon, and talking to vendors about how the products are made. On the first, I'm looking forward in particular to the larger-sized @Kent Wang pocket squares. I like a lot of the designs Kent does, but prefer larger squares in general. The new ones will be 47cm x 47cm, so even bigger than the Rubinacci squares. Kent had a sample of the Great Wave square in the larger size which looked fantastic.

On the second, I talked to @ChristopherBerr about the fit of his shirts for a while - about the how the collar band is cut on a curved pattern to help them fit the contours of the neck better and help the collar stand up without a tie, and the high armhole/full chest cut of the body, which seems to mirror somewhat the drape cut of a jacket. I also got a lesson in leather tanning and bag construction from @JP Marcellino. He's got a unique method of making rounded handles that I found particularly attractive. I think this bag has the handle style I was looking at:

http://www.jpmarcellino.com/latch-briefcases/ethan-allen-444-british-green-suede-lining.html

This has been my opinion as well. Good to hear he's making larger ones.

HonourMark

Reaction score
A big thanks to Fok and everyone who took part in this event. As a new brand we were happy to share our story with such a great group!

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Few more shots from the trunk show.

@NickPollica was super helpful with everyone, helping out with picking swatches, dishing out general advice. It was great to have him there.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm trying not to take it personally that you scheduled this trunk show for the weekend after I left NYC.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@LA Guy Is there going to be a 2015 version? I know it's only June but I'm making fall travel plans and knowing about when this is going down, if it is, would helpful!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

@LA Guy Is there going to be a 2015 version? I know it's only June but I'm making fall travel plans and knowing about when this is going down, if it is, would helpful!

We are doing it again. It's on November 7th like Donkey Kong. We have this really great space with lots of light. And e're doing it In collaboration with A & H magazine. More detailsf Forthcoming.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

We are doing it again. It's on November 7th like Donkey Kong. We have this really great space with lots of light. And e're doing it In collaboration with A & H magazine. More detailsf Forthcoming.

Very interested. Will this be in NYC? May be out of town that weekend though...keep me posted.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very interested. Will this be in NYC? May be out of town that weekend though...keep me posted.
Yup, in NYC, on 35th, just a block off of 5th. Here are some pics from the place (www.garysloft.com):

Morning view those of us lucky enough to be doing Saturday set up (btw, if anyone wants to be involved in this thing, please feel free to email me at [email protected]. I'll pay you in coffee and breakfast.)

Lot's of windows and natural light. I think that we'll probably move the couches, though we may keep a table so that people can sit down to enjoy their beverages.

Where you'll probably find me for most of the day.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, gentlemen, how was / is it? This thread was eerily quiet in the run-up and during the event....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads