• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

curiousfromS

Reaction score

ezev

Reaction score
I will be purchasing the flight jacket later this year. I tried on the asymmetric jacket but it was a bit too fussy at the chest for my tastes. I was surprised at how well it fit my proportions.

ezev

Reaction score
^^I had the same experience with the same shirt. Fit perfectly, cold wash and hung to dry and shrunk noticeably. Now fits a bit tight and clearly short.

A few people discussed the shirts shrinking in length after a hang dry. Did they shrink in chest and shoulders as well? I want to place an order for the spread collar in navy but it will definitely be a little short if it does shrink 2" in length. I am a solid 52 in the current measurements on the website, but seems risky to size up to a 54.

knitwear_spread_darkindigo_1_2400x.jpg

Thomas_M

Reaction score
I went to the Trunk show in Paris last week. It was my first trunk show and I really enjoyed the experience.
The person who took care of me was really amazing and patient with me.
I ordered one band collar knitwear in ice blue and one pair of navy cavalry twill trousers.
Can't wait to receive them.
I was drooling on the asymetric coat and the flight jacket in plonge leather which is amazing. Maybe for later :sarcasm:

ahtynes

Reaction score
An in-the-wild of my asymmetric per request. Most of the pulling in the front is because the internal pockets are stuffed with stuff after some sightseeing. I get what people say about the cotton lining, but once the jacket is on I don't think it's a big deal.

IMG_2171.jpeg

ahtynes

Reaction score
Looks really good :) Ever wear it fully zipped up?

It's been a little too warm to justify it, and it's not as much my style. I've played around with it and didn't prefer it but can try it out in earnest and let you know how it goes.

JIMB

Reaction score
A few people discussed the shirts shrinking in length after a hang dry. Did they shrink in chest and shoulders as well? I want to place an order for the spread collar in navy but it will definitely be a little short if it does shrink 2" in length. I am a solid 52 in the current measurements on the website, but seems risky to size up to a 54.

View attachment 1179105

Long story short, I recommend sizing up. There is a bit of shrinkage, but also "crinkling" (shifting I think is the technical term) that can be ironed out. But the shirts are designed for a more casual look that probably shouldn't require ironing and a super fitted look.

Will be selling my ice blue band collar sz 50 for this reason if anyone is interested.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For such expensive shirts, it kind of sucks that they don't just prewash the fabrics to prevent that kind of shrinkage

cds

Reaction score

View attachment 1179105
Went downtown to the NYC store this past week to pick up some trousers. Agyesh and I chatted about the knit shirts. I have one - its been through ~15-16 washes/wears since purchase. It does shrink a bit once washed and air dried, but it loosens up again once on. The pique used is really quite nice, and the color is on point with the Stoffa aesthetic.

You should message them for recommendations. They have always been spot on for my needs. I exist typically at a 50 or 52. For the intended purpose of the shirt, I took the 52 and it fits wonderfully.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to the Trunk show in Paris last week. It was my first trunk show and I really enjoyed the experience.
The person who took care of me was really amazing and patient with me.
I ordered one band collar knitwear in ice blue and one pair of navy cavalry twill trousers.
Can't wait to receive them.
I was drooling on the asymetric coat and the flight jacket in plonge leather which is amazing. Maybe for later :sarcasm:
I have the coat and you won't be sorry. Probably the best piece of clothing I've ever commissioned.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads