• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Shoe Color Thread

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Folks,
We all know how difficult is to determine the real life color of the certain leather by looking at it on the computer screen. What you see on the screen is not always what you get. I thought I would start a thread that would serve as repository of all color related issues; pictures, request for pictures, color comparison guides etc etc. This thread could lead to better understanding and decision making.

I recently realized that AS Cherry and EG Bauxite nearly the same colors at least the shoe and the swatch that I have, others may disagree. According to Nick from Bespoke England sometimes it's a style of the shoe that determine the color http://www.styleforum.net/t/236162/...on-shoo-Appreciation-theard/6570#post_6041078

I have noticed these variations too and I would like to kick of this thread with a picture of well know color Dark Oak from Edward Green, you will notice despite of a terrible iphone picture that this same color is very different on two different style of shoes. The shoe in the bottom is Edward Green Silverstone in Dark Oak, the boot above it is Edward Green Galway in Dark Oak too with a Walnut Country Calf shaft. The Dark Oak on Galway is a lighter shade of Dark Oak.

Hopefully our vendors will use this thread to showcase the swatches of leathers and variations of those leathers too.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is not my picture but it is well worth of posting Gaziano and Girling colors from left to right Maple, Pine, Chestnut, Cedar and Oak

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads