• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aquila49

Reaction score
Would be interested in hearing opinions on the fit and finish differences between the "Slim Fit Leather Jacket" (UK site only at this time), and the "Limited-Edition Leather Jacket" (on the U.S. site). I'm curious why one jacket, the limited edition, is a grand more than the other.

Not having seen them in RL, I can't say anything about the fit or finish. I'm not a huge fan of "cafe racer" style leather jackets with snap collars, but that's subjective. Just from a visual standpoint, I prefer the cleaner, more minimalist look of the Slim Leather Jacket over the Limited-Edition Leather Jacket with extra shoulder panels.

FlaSurfer

Reaction score
Looking for some wisdom from you guys for this suit. Its the indigo seersucker suit that just went on sale and it looked amazing online and while I in no way NEED a suit, I always feel like I should have a high end one on hand for certain occasions. Fabric in person is definitely more refined which I actually don't like, I was hoping it would look darker and uneven as the online pics did. Its definitely a more vibrant shade of indigo blue than expected. Thoughts would be appreciated! also a shot of the workshirt and sweatshirt from the same purchase (ps. ignore the dirty mirror and bare foot)

View attachment 813433
View attachment 813432 View attachment 813431 View attachment 813434 View attachment 813435

The suit looks really good on you, fit is great, I'm assuming even without any alterations. You can always break it up and wear the jacket and pant separately to be more casual.

What do you think of the compass work shirt? I'm thinking of grabbing that myself with the good price.

BaronFizzwell

Reaction score
I don't think the Worthy would differ much from shirt to shirt. Depending on light conditions and device settings, photos of the same item can look very different. I also own the Worthy and really like the texture and color.

View attachment 809431 View attachment 809432
View attachment 809433

I was pretty disappointed when I received my Worthy Workshirt. I purchased it to replace the Railman Shirt that I'd sold a few weeks ago, but it's staggering what a rapid descent it was from a shirt from only three years ago. The arms were way short compared to every other RRL shirt I've bought, and what's going on with the collars? It's not just this one, I've bought five RRL shirts over the last month, and they've all got these giant collars that make me think of Studio 54.

McSp

Reaction score
I was pretty disappointed when I received my Worthy Workshirt. I purchased it to replace the Railman Shirt that I'd sold a few weeks ago, but it's staggering what a rapid descent it was from a shirt from only three years ago. The arms were way short compared to every other RRL shirt I've bought, and what's going on with the collars? It's not just this one, I've bought five RRL shirts over the last month, and they've all got these giant collars that make me think of Studio 54.
That's a real pity! I'm looking for the Railman shirt for a long time, I didn't noticed you were selling that shirt. Can I ask you where and how you sold it, so next time I'll pay more attention!

About the Worthy I got one and the collar is indeed quite big as well as the other RRL shirts I recently bought, but the shirt is nice by the way.

McSp

Reaction score
I don't think the Worthy would differ much from shirt to shirt. Depending on light conditions and device settings, photos of the same item can look very different. I also own the Worthy and really like the texture and color.

View attachment 809431 View attachment 809432
View attachment 809433
I got the same vest, how do you feel with it? Without back adjustment I feel it run large and the fabric is also a bit rigid, so the feeling is I can't make a right fit. What do you think? Did you ever wash it?

Last edited:

aquila49

Reaction score

Sorry to hear that, Baron. What size do you wear? I own the shirt in a Medium and it's a near-perfect fit. But I'm sort of barrel-chested with long arms. I've never owned the Railman so I can't make a valid comparison with that shirt

Most RRL Medium shirts fit me, excepting some of the slim westerns that are too tight around the upper chest and shoulders. I wonder if there are some sizing issues with the smaller/larger sizes?

I measured the collar and found it's about a quarter-inch longer that most recent RRL shirts. But to be honest I didn't notice the variance until you mentioned it.

I sound like a Worthy apologist! (Or an unworthy apologist?)

styleforumfan

Reaction score
Does anyone have this shirt? Is it slim fit or regular fit?

RRL_322a_1110x.progressive.jpg

RRL_322b_1110x.progressive.jpg

aquila49

Reaction score
I got the same vest, how do you feel with it? Without back adjustment I feel it run large and the fabric is also a bit rigid, so the feeling is I can't make a right fit. What do you think? Did you ever wash it?

My Cotton Jungle Cloth Vest has become a mainstay. It goes with lots of different items and is sturdy. The Medium I own fits fine, but I'm wide in the chest and shoulders. I do like a slightly slimmer vest but this one is fine, especially with thicker shirts.

Haven't washed it. And probably won't unless there's a food or drink mishap.

You might be able to have it taken in. If not, I think it would be easy to find a buyer on the Forum. It sold out long before the first markdown.

McSp

Reaction score
My Cotton Jungle Cloth Vest has become a mainstay. It goes with lots of different items and is sturdy. The Medium I own fits fine, but I'm wide in the chest and shoulders. I do like a slightly slimmer vest but this one is fine, especially with thicker shirts.

Haven't washed it. And probably won't unless there's a food or drink mishap.

You might be able to have it taken in. If not, I think it would be easy to find a buyer on the Forum. It sold out long before the first markdown.
I guess my chest is thiner that's why the Jungle Vest fits me roomy. But I agree, it's a great vest.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics